Do you want to play in the CL?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Do you want to play in the CL?

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:13 am

Our squad of players have 6 games left to show themselves, the manager, the club, the fans and everyone else interested in football that they are good enough, individually and as a team

at present Birmingham City stand in our way..

it has got to be a sell out crowd at comms, i hope everyone screams their collective b*ll*x off at the start of this game, time for the fans who are there to get some serious practice in for creating atmosphere

WE ARE 6 GAMES OFF MAKING HISTORY AND 4 OF THOSE ARE AT HOME

if you want us to make that history at comms then now is the time to scream for it
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Do you want to play in the CL?

Postby ryanmjo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 am

I'd love to. Don't think I could earn a contract though.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:48 am

brite blu sky wrote:Our squad of players have 6 games left to show themselves, the manager, the club, the fans and everyone else interested in football that they are good enough, individually and as a team

at present Birmingham City stand in our way..

it has got to be a sell out crowd at comms, i hope everyone screams their collective b*ll*x off at the start of this game, time for the fans who are there to get some serious practice in for creating atmosphere

WE ARE 6 GAMES OFF MAKING HISTORY AND 4 OF THOSE ARE AT HOME

if you want us to make that history at comms then now is the time to scream for it

Have you been to COMS recently?? You would never in million years think we were pushing for 4th by the way our crowd act. Been saying it for weeks it's shite.

Makes me laugh that we are so quick to judge them from across the road about the atmosphere at The Swamp when it's no better at COMS.

I would love it to be a caludren of noise and make the other team think "fuck me, don't fancy playing here" but we just don't. Not quite sure what can be done to address it???
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:58 am

If there is a stadium redesign to happen then I hope thought goes into how the home support can have singing sections - but I fear it will not

The issue goes back a long way - to when the new Kippax stand was built - all of a sudden you had tiers - and whilst the singing was far better than at COMS it was nothing compared to the old Kippax - then we all get displaced to the new stadium and things are broken up even more - I am in the Colin Bell Stand and I sometimes feel a bit 'out of place' when I start shouting / singing

Of course it is a magnificent stadium etc and a vast improvement - but for a start - get the away fans from behind the goal and I think that end could become a 'kop' and drag the rest of the crowd with them
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Fish111 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:17 am

The away fans split our vocal support at the moment. Some behind the goal want to sing and some in Block 111 onwards want to sing. Moving the away fans to the other corner of the South Stand is a must for next season imo.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:01 am

Fish111 wrote:The away fans split our vocal support at the moment. Some behind the goal want to sing and some in Block 111 onwards want to sing. Moving the away fans to the other corner of the South Stand is a must for next season imo.

The only reason that happened in the 1st place is because lots of people like to be near the away fans & wave their arms at them etc & generally behave like 12 year olds rather than worrying about supporting our team instead. They could have all formed a singing section in the other end but chose not to.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sandman » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:03 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Fish111 wrote:The away fans split our vocal support at the moment. Some behind the goal want to sing and some in Block 111 onwards want to sing. Moving the away fans to the other corner of the South Stand is a must for next season imo.

The only reason that happened in the 1st place is because lots of people like to be near the away fans & wave their arms at them etc & generally behave like 12 year olds rather than worrying about supporting our team instead. They could have all formed a singing section in the other end but chose not to.

As proven at the Wigan game when the atmosphere was shite because block 116 actually had nothing else to do other than watch the game?
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:09 am

Sister of fu wrote:Have you been to COMS recently?? You would never in million years think we were pushing for 4th by the way our crowd act. Been saying it for weeks it's shite.

Makes me laugh that we are so quick to judge them from across the road about the atmosphere at The Swamp when it's no better at COMS.

I would love it to be a caludren of noise and make the other team think "fuck me, don't fancy playing here" but we just don't. Not quite sure what can be done to address it???

The atmosphere hasn't been the same since we moved from Maine Road, COMS just dosn't keep the sound in if that makes sense lol. The only time we ever get it rockin is when we play the Big boys, but saying that Hamburg was a top night and it was definitely buzzing that night.

But i do agree with the OP we really do need to get COMS like a fortress, so when team's do come they really feel uncomfortable playing there.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 am

It will only be when the crowd 'Start to Believe', that we will get the atmosphere that we all craive.

I 'Believe' and have no problems at all singing and shouting my head off. Do you want to sit next to me ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Rae4685 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:14 am

The atmosphere is pathetic at coms and the stewards dont help either! I spent the whole everton game having to listen to the steward in my section shouting " can you sit down now please " over and over again. Its even more annoying when 5 seats to the left of me the whole section was standing but when i questioned the steward his reply was thats not my section and its the standing section ( we all know theres no such thing! Then for the wigan game we sat where the away fans would usually be standing and seeeing as how it was hyped up as "one night stand" get behind the boys etc was a joke after 5 mins everyone sat on their arses and then some bellend behind me asked me to sit down as he couldnt see to which he got told to "stand the f**k up or buy a ticket on the family stand" i had a young lad behind me who couldnt see and therefore moved about so someone shorter was infront of him but when a 6ft bloke is moaning like a rag that he cant see when hes sat on his arse it makes me want to purchase espn and sit on my own arse on my sofa sipping ovaltine and eating toasted teacakes! I cant stand 60% of our fans! FACT!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby OliverHardy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:30 am

excuses excuses
fed up of all these silly excuses. Its the stewards, its the stadium, its the seating plans, its the teams performance.
Fact is, most of our stadium fans these days simply don't want to shout, sing or cheer.
I sit in the south stand and it has got worse and worse season after season.
I am one of the smaller minority who does shout and cheer our team on, however I feel like I shouldn't be, I get strange looks for cheering at the top of my voice as the team sheet is read out. I get embarrassed as I start singing a song with the 'kippax' only for nobody else within 100 feet to join in.
The only things I hear are insults at our own players and managers and the only thing I get asked is to move out of the way about 10 times in each half as people get up to leave early or go to the bar 15 mins before half time. I see fans get there 10 mins late, leave 10 mins early (as well as leaving for half time early and getting back 5 mins into the 2nd half) and look/sound totally disinterested.
Correct, they pay their money and can do as they please, its all just a bit sad that 4th spot and potential champs league footy cant, A) Fill the stadium week in week out, B) Can't get those fans that do come to show interest, C) stop people blaming everything on anything but the fact that 'we' really ARE NOT the best fans in all the land and all the world!
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:36 am

well as many have pointed comms is still new and everyone got split up, that has to be a serious reason.

this might sound a bit daft, but maybe the regular singers just have to say hello to a lot of people around them before the game and start encouraging others at a personal level..

someone mentioned in another thread last week about standing in front facing the crowd of a block in the 3rd tier and trying to gee them up to sing.. and people just stared. imo thats just it.. people see that kind of thing as too much.. too arrogant or patronising or something. In my view what makes a difference is if you go and say hello and shake a couple of hands.. then when the time comes you have a set of allies.. and more often than not it is the difference and those people will respond.. bringing others with them.

I'm not convinced that it is just comms or City fans, i lived in London for 7 years and people down there imo had lost the a lot of the capacity to be sociable.. and you had to work really hard to get them to drop their guard and become 'normal' people, i am tending to think it is a problem that large cities suffer from.
Football clubs should be able to overcome that easily as they are family.. there surely cannot be a better reason for acting out of character or even making a dick of yourself than the chance to help push your team into the CL and history.

One advantage of the die hards being dispersed all over the stadium is there are people who can lead the others around them.. all over the ground. It has to be about momentum.. what happened at the Hamburg game? what made the difference to people?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 am

at least in certain sections fans should be allowed to stand. I'm sure it is not coincidence that at the mo the best atmospheres seem to be in countries where fans are allowed to stand, like in Germany.
And you don't need to rip all the seats off, just let fans stand before them.

I also do understand some fans want to sit and they should have that opportunity but if 1/5 of the stadium (whole SS without Away fans?) for example was for fans who want to stand, I'm sure all the seaters could find a nice seat for them.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not the same at Maine Road? I seem to recall the away fans being in the exact same respective locaiton.... In the North Stand, next to the kippax/gene kelly. Which as far as I'm aware, equals, them being in the south stand next to the East Stand.

The obvious difference, is the fact that the stand is now tiered. And having sat in the 2nd and 3rd tiers, I can tell you that the sound doesnt travel upto those tiers very well if at all. I was sat in Tier 3 East Stand when we playe Scunthorpe.... I got back to the car and commented on how loud their support was when they sang.... I got a load of funny looks, and was vehemently told that the singing section was by far louder.... being above the singing section, I couldn't hear a dickie bird!!!

The WHOLE problem is due to the design of the stadium, the roof is too small, and not low enough, the lower tier needs to be at least double its current size to allow for the noise and singing to spread to more people.... if the person next to you or directly behind/infront of you starts to sing, the chances of you joining in are a lot better than if you were 30ft away from someone sat beneath you.

Picture the design of the Kippax/North Stand and Platt Lane stand... had very long roofs, with great big screens at the sides of the stand, that completely reflected the noise back into the stadium. The acoustics of our stadium are very very poor for keeping sound in..... it all just goes up out of the stadium, with very little being reflected back.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Another thread about how fans at the game react? Is the club doing so damn well that we now can no longer slag our own players off we have to slag the fans off instead? (which is funny if you think about it). I'm sure being a fan of City makes you a fucking moaner or we are just a club for moaners. No wonder we don't cheer at games all we know how to do is moan and complain. (Looks back at his own post and realises the Irony of it)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Q: Do you want to play in the CL?
A: Yes
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby TrueBlue82 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:41 pm

well im going to the brum game, for my 1st visit to COMS and i will sure as hell be singing, along with any others who follow suit!

i expect to go into work monday with a smile on my face and no voice!

CMON!!!!!!
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:44 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:well im going to the brum game, for my 1st visit to COMS and i will sure as hell be singing, along with any others who follow suit!

CMON!!!!!!

Your first ever visit to The COMS? Let's hope we get a result for you. And make sure you go again.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby TrueBlue82 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:53 pm

btajim wrote:
TrueBlue82 wrote:well im going to the brum game, for my 1st visit to COMS and i will sure as hell be singing, along with any others who follow suit!

CMON!!!!!!

Your first ever visit to The COMS? Let's hope we get a result for you. And make sure you go again.

oh i shall be going again next season def. only my 2nd game this season (other was brum away lol) but hope to make it much more.

supported city all my life and went maine road a few times but just not been able to afford it.. until now!
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:51 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:
btajim wrote:

CMON!!!!!!

oh i shall be going again next season def. only my 2nd game this season (other was brum away lol) but hope to make it much more.

supported city all my life and went maine road a few times but just not been able to afford it.. until now!

I understand and hope you enjoy the experience, mate. It is only when you lose it that you realise how special it was.

And yes, I do want to play in the Champions League.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum