Do you want to play in the CL?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Do you want to play in the CL?

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Just a little thought on this. There is no rallying song for our target this year. If you're in the shit, fans will sing 'staying up'. Last season we had our 'Istanbul song' which was often delivered with vim and vigour. But what the fuck can you sing about getting fourth place in the League, that will fire the imagination?
Don't forget also The old Kippax had the advantage of that low roof creating a huge cavernous atmosphere.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Rae4685 wrote:The atmosphere is pathetic at coms and the stewards dont help either! I spent the whole everton game having to listen to the steward in my section shouting " can you sit down now please " over and over again. Its even more annoying when 5 seats to the left of me the whole section was standing but when i questioned the steward his reply was thats not my section and its the standing section ( we all know theres no such thing! Then for the wigan game we sat where the away fans would usually be standing and seeeing as how it was hyped up as "one night stand" get behind the boys etc was a joke after 5 mins everyone sat on their arses and then some bellend behind me asked me to sit down as he couldnt see to which he got told to "stand the f**k up or buy a ticket on the family stand" i had a young lad behind me who couldnt see and therefore moved about so someone shorter was infront of him but when a 6ft bloke is moaning like a rag that he cant see when hes sat on his arse it makes me want to purchase espn and sit on my own arse on my sofa sipping ovaltine and eating toasted teacakes! I cant stand 60% of our fans! FACT!

You must be where I am in 110. Can't make it out either
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:02 pm

Im sure the players will be trying their best
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby eastlandsblue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:25 pm

Correct me if im wrong, but arnt the club moving the away fans to the upper tier of the south stand so the home fans can fill the bottom tier and create a better atmosphere, and theres no intimidation from away fans during corners
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Rae4685 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:33 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Rae4685 wrote:The atmosphere is pathetic at coms and the stewards dont help either! I spent the whole everton game having to listen to the steward in my section shouting " can you sit down now please " over and over again. Its even more annoying when 5 seats to the left of me the whole section was standing but when i questioned the steward his reply was thats not my section and its the standing section ( we all know theres no such thing! Then for the wigan game we sat where the away fans would usually be standing and seeeing as how it was hyped up as "one night stand" get behind the boys etc was a joke after 5 mins everyone sat on their arses and then some bellend behind me asked me to sit down as he couldnt see to which he got told to "stand the f**k up or buy a ticket on the family stand" i had a young lad behind me who couldnt see and therefore moved about so someone shorter was infront of him but when a 6ft bloke is moaning like a rag that he cant see when hes sat on his arse it makes me want to purchase espn and sit on my own arse on my sofa sipping ovaltine and eating toasted teacakes! I cant stand 60% of our fans! FACT!

You must be where I am in 110. Can't make it out either

Yeah usually end up in 110 or 109 but it's a no standing/no singing/no shouting/no swearing section (apparently) I don't see why it's so difficult for city to dedicate a particular section "the singing section" I have 2 sofas one of them is the normal everyday run of the mill sitting sofa the other is the "sprawl across it when I'm tired" sofa it didn't start as this but I just renamed it and I'm tired so I'm gonna sprawl across it! Do you get the jist of my story ppl? Simples
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby bluechester » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Have you been to COMS recently?? You would never in million years think we were pushing for 4th by the way our crowd act. Been saying it for weeks it's shite.

Makes me laugh that we are so quick to judge them from across the road about the atmosphere at The Swamp when it's no better at COMS.

I would love it to be a caludren of noise and make the other team think "fuck me, don't fancy playing here" but we just don't. Not quite sure what can be done to address it???

The atmosphere hasn't been the same since we moved from Maine Road, COMS just dosn't keep the sound in if that makes sense lol. The only time we ever get it rockin is when we play the Big boys, but saying that Hamburg was a top night and it was definitely buzzing that night.

But i do agree with the OP we really do need to get COMS like a fortress, so when team's do come they really feel uncomfortable playing there.

maine road in latter years was no couldrum of noise, the reason for the lack of noise, is the inabilty to move seats, i would love to be sat near all my mates, who are scattered about, but it is impossible, unfortunatly i am sat next to some old codger who has ussually got his nose in the programme rather than watching the game, me & mate laugh at his, he has missed so many games because he is reading it that much.

however we need yo make it a fortress for the last few games, bring your scarfs, banana's, flags & inflatables, lets get comms rocking from now till the end of the season
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 am

Sister of fu wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:Our squad of players have 6 games left to show themselves, the manager, the club, the fans and everyone else interested in football that they are good enough, individually and as a team

at present Birmingham City stand in our way..

it has got to be a sell out crowd at comms, i hope everyone screams their collective b*ll*x off at the start of this game, time for the fans who are there to get some serious practice in for creating atmosphere

WE ARE 6 GAMES OFF MAKING HISTORY AND 4 OF THOSE ARE AT HOME

if you want us to make that history at comms then now is the time to scream for it

Have you been to COMS recently?? You would never in million years think we were pushing for 4th by the way our crowd act. Been saying it for weeks it's shite.

Makes me laugh that we are so quick to judge them from across the road about the atmosphere at The Swamp when it's no better at COMS.

I would love it to be a caludren of noise and make the other team think "fuck me, don't fancy playing here" but we just don't. Not quite sure what can be done to address it???

Defo agree with this. I havent been to anywhere near as many games this season compared to last season. Mainly due to the fact I cant get into singers and now find it hard to get motivated to do a near on 300 mile round trip and spend all that money just to be sat around aload of borin fookers that are too up themselves to create some atmosphere .Whenever I watch sides in Germany,Turkey,Greece,Serbia,Croatia and even France etc,I wish City could create the same sort of atmos.I just cant work out what the problem is....

I think its a problem most English grounds have and I put it down to how stupidly OTT we are with rules and regs, and health and safety.We are becoming a country full of mini Hitlers.We need to start lettin our hair down and chillin the fook out..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:47 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Just a little thought on this. There is no rallying song for our target this year. If you're in the shit, fans will sing 'staying up'. Last season we had our 'Istanbul song' which was often delivered with vim and vigour. But what the fuck can you sing about getting fourth place in the League, that will fire the imagination?
Don't forget also The old Kippax had the advantage of that low roof creating a huge cavernous atmosphere.

It has to be "Whose ya famous big four now" in tune of ' Where was you when you was shit' Singin that will piss so many people off, from Scousers to pundits to media...
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 am

Reading about fans gettin split up- wouldnt it be a good idea to get some sort of fan club group set up for which people could join, make official with the club, and have it arranged so members could sit together, a little bit like how some clubs have ultras, obviously minus the violent side of things..It would just be a great way to split like minded people up away from the grumpy fookers...I bet more and more people would join each season and before you know it, half the stadium is rockin...
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 am

Dazzacity wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Just a little thought on this. There is no rallying song for our target this year. If you're in the shit, fans will sing 'staying up'. Last season we had our 'Istanbul song' which was often delivered with vim and vigour. But what the fuck can you sing about getting fourth place in the League, that will fire the imagination?

It has to be "Whose ya famous big four now" in tune of ' Where was you when you was shit' Singin that will piss so many people off, from Scousers to pundits to media...

I like your thinking. Not bad at all. Simple enough for all the no imagination knobs to singalong to.
I've often thought that an area of unreserved seating where you can turn up on spec with yer mates is a winning idea. Preferably behind the goal. Maybe if and when the capacity is increased it could be incorporated.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby lythamblue » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 am

Has it occurred to you that maybe US fans are more nervous during a game than the players?

After all, many of our players have been in this position before ....... but us City fans haven't!

Even though I know we must take one game at a time and treat each one like a Cup Final ..... I still just can''t stop constantly looking at the League tables and working out all the week per week permutations.

Daft I know, because we must sieze the opportunity to make "other" results irrelevent ..... I just can't stop doing it.

I hope the players have their heads screwed on and have the right mentality ..... better than I have.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Our squad of players have 6 games left to show themselves, the manager, the club, the fans and everyone else interested in football that they are good enough, individually and as a team

at present Birmingham City stand in our way..

part of what i was saying was that bit. Whereas for much of the season the players would be trying and believing that collectively they could do it, they still had to find out..
Now the goal is very much in the sights.. in fact it could not be clearer and the point i was trying to make is that each player has 6 games to show they are going to be part of next seasons fun.

Birmingham are the next focus and i would expect these players to really try and take them apart so that the tonic they gave themselves at Burnley starts to turn into a bit of a roll
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john68 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Stadiums don't make noise...peolple do. You can't blame the roof, the seats or anything else. If too few are creating an atmosphere, there will be no atmosphere. The Rangers fans made CoMS rock, the Forest and Stoke fans had no problems making a racket and neither did the rags last season when they sang "My old man" several times without any response from anyone. Having to listen to that was the most embarrassing thing I have ever endured at any city game and i've endured plenty.

The members on here are pretty hardcore, spending much of their lives bertween games discussing all things City. Sadly at the ground there are too many with the attitude of "Well go on then...entertain me". They are like a theatre audience... they are specators who don't wish to take part...and therein lies the problem.
The early Kippax had a different attitude. It was our duty to get behind the club. It was our duty to outnoise and outsing other fans, it was our duty to ensure that when we went a goal behing the 1st chant that went up was a massive "CIIIIITTTEEEE", long and loud to lift the team back.
Maybe it is a new generation that has life served up on a plate and it has now become the players duty to entertain and lift themselves. Maybe the old school is disappearing.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

I like your thinking. Not bad at all. Simple enough for all the no imagination knobs to singalong to.
I've often thought that an area of unreserved seating where you can turn up on spec with yer mates is a winning idea. Preferably behind the goal. Maybe if and when the capacity is increased it could be incorporated.

Yep, If its simple it will sound clear and more will join in.. Singin that at the top of our voices will not only make the doubters and 'big 4 ' arse kissers look silly, it will also make their blood boil...
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:25 pm

john68 wrote:Stadiums don't make noise...peolple do. You can't blame the roof, the seats or anything else. If too few are creating an atmosphere, there will be no atmosphere. The Rangers fans made CoMS rock, the Forest and Stoke fans had no problems making a racket and neither did the rags last season when they sang "My old man" several times without any response from anyone. Having to listen to that was the most embarrassing thing I have ever endured at any city game and i've endured plenty.

The members on here are pretty hardcore, spending much of their lives bertween games discussing all things City. Sadly at the ground there are too many with the attitude of "Well go on then...entertain me". They are like a theatre audience... they are specators who don't wish to take part...and therein lies the problem.
The early Kippax had a different attitude. It was our duty to get behind the club. It was our duty to outnoise and outsing other fans, it was our duty to ensure that when we went a goal behing the 1st chant that went up was a massive "CIIIIITTTEEEE", long and loud to lift the team back.
Maybe it is a new generation that has life served up on a plate and it has now become the players duty to entertain and lift themselves. Maybe the old school is disappearing.

yeah.. we need a massive campaign for a whole stand with wheel chair access..

seriously though, it is about people.. and people can be inspired and persuaded. There are no excuses and somehow people need to talk to each other about this issue in the ground with those around them. it is the only way imo to start a change. But an attitude of sympathy is required.. it is no good having the attitude that if you dont sing or make a noise then you are as good as a rag.. that wont get anything but bad vibes. Fans need to say hello to each other for starters and then try and inspire those around. Anyone sat in a mid row seat can without trying say hello and shake hands with at least 10 seats around them, a quick inspiring word about atmosphere with each.. and you have got some trust and goodwill going. If 2500 hardcore dotted about comms did that.. it would be 25000 people said hello to and encouraged to make a noise. If only 5 in 10 did try that is still 12000 or so.. many of which could be on top of the regular noise makers.

If the chance of making history at comms is not enough to try and do something like this then i dont know wtf is
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 pm

everyone talking sense on this thread and i dunno why it has changed. True city fans are still the same. I watched the burnley match in a pub near me with a mate and us and two other blues sung louder than the most of COMS do at matches.

Get some passion stupid fans!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Nick wrote:

everyone talking sense on this thread and i dunno why it has changed. True city fans are still the same. I watched the burnley match in a pub near me with a mate and us and two other blues sung louder than the most of COMS do at matches.

Get some passion stupid fans!

It really does piss me off. I aways have a go at joining in with the chants, you usually get a couple of lads joinin in but the rest of the section just sit there lookin at you in disgrace like you're some drunken gobshite. It shouldnt be like that at games. I partly blame it on how clubs aim at families far too much. They should have an over 14's section or something, so you dont feel bad spoutin the odd swearword or fear that you're offending anyone. I used to love it in the singers and southstand. When we scored people would just grad you and hung you and there were times where Id end up a few rows down from where I was previuosly stood due to everyone goin mad after we had scored. That felt like how it should be at football, everyone together and enjoying the moment and lettin the pride and passion show. .

It seems there are many that feel the same..

I think this is something the club has to look into for next season. I think they are already doin it by having the bluemoon thing at the start of some games. Im sure more will be done. As stated, I think we need a proper,official section where everyone gets together that actually wants to get behind the lads and be the 12th man..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluechester » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Dazzacity wrote:

the bit anout unreserved seating too me is the best way to get any sort of atmosphere, if you want to sing then get to your seat early enough & there you are in the singing section,
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby sandman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 am

bluechester wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

the bit anout unreserved seating too me is the best way to get any sort of atmosphere, if you want to sing then get to your seat early enough & there you are in the singing section,

I like the idea but cant help but expect there will be dicks who arrive late who start kicking off with other people when they cant sit together.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:54 am

I would just move the away fans so that the whole south stand can stand and sing together. I am sure there are people all round the ground who look at the south stand and singing section standing up and would love to move there if there was space.

I also think the introduction of a singing section had a negative effect on the rest of the ground lots of people look to them for inspiration and to be honest that section in the corner isn't that inspiring with its du du du du insert name here chants. There was a time when i was growing up that we had some quality chants and songs but now we just go with the same ones as everyone else sings. I recon the only reason Vieira was signed was so Mancini didnt end up stuck with the Mancini WHOA shit.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum