Training Tuesday 6/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 6/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:54 pm

A fairly gentle low key session today with an afternoon start.The equipment was being set up well before 2pm but after a while it was clear there were some issues and they ended up moving everything across to the pitch in front of the buildings. Seemingly the original planned pitch was a bit hard and bare even after the sprinklers had been on ( Giving us watchers a shower at the same time)

Missing today were Lescott ( apparently doing very well and a possibility to start training next week) Micah ( not far off but not quite ready) Johnson/Silvinho ,Taylor and Petrov . Petrov though was doing some work with a physio right in front of us and seemed ok ( signed an autograph too while he was close as did quite a few later) I think NDJ was training but he wasn't there for the latter stages and nobody was scythed to the ground so maybe he wasn't.

Good to see Bridge and Ireland back in full training. The 2 "reserves" involved today were Cunningham and Boyata. Initially they did keep ball circles before Mancini got them all together for a chat.Then they broke into 2 groups for some jogging and stretches before having a pass and move session trying to achieve 10 touches.This game developed so that after achieving the required number of passes they had to complete a pass into the end zone for a point.All good stuff and at the beginning there was some debate about how many touches were allowed .It seemed Mancini was suggesting maybe 2 or 3 touches but Fausto , who was reffing it was after something else. All I heard was Bridge shouting to Fausto telling him he was the ref so make a decision and get on with it.Sounds bad as I have typed it but it was quite funny at the time.

After this exercise they split into 3 groups. Mancini took the defenders behind the fencing and the rest split strikers and midfield to do some specific running/sprinting work. The physio with the strikers had a bit of a coughing/choking fit and got no sympathy at all from the players.Just broad grins which might have been worse if fans hadn't been so close.

Mancini was working on shape and positioning with the defensive group as much as anything and being very meticulous.His attention to detail was noticeable.They all then switched around with all the midfield and attackers joining Mancini so he could work on attacking plays.It was actually very windy today which made it quite hard to do too much. Crosses were flying too far or just getting held up but at times it seemed very positive to see the way they were moving off the ball.Not surprisingly they cut the session a bit short.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 6/4

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Top report as always Doug, glad to hear Bridge is back do you think he might make the bench on sat?
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Top report as always Doug, glad to hear Bridge is back do you think he might make the bench on sat?

Can't be sure but I think he might be in the team if training goes well and there is no reaction.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Top report as always Doug, glad to hear Bridge is back do you think he might make the bench on sat?

Can't be sure but I think he might be in the team if training goes well and there is no reaction.

Good, Bridge is our left back, if he's fit enough for Saturday he'll be a welcome addition.

Ireland could yet provide a pivitol point this season. Either positive or negative.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Cheers for the update Doug. Much appreciated.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Isn't our next Match on Sunday? Home to Birmingham City. It's on Telly.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby bluechester » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 pm

glad to see bridge involved, especially with the derby coming up,valancia ran garido ragged, so be good to have bridge back for that one.
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:43 pm

btajim wrote:

Isn't our next Match on Sunday? Home to Birmingham City. It's on Telly.

You're right my mistake.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nige » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm

i like the sound of the passing drill with an end zone after 'x' passes.

Watching barca tonight shows how focussed 'care' of the ball can open up opportunities if all the players are on the same wavelength.

Cheers Doug.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Return to The Maine Football forum