POLL - Who will win the premier league first?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who will win the premier league first?

Liverpool
5%
City
95%

Total votes : 63

POLL - Who will win the premier league first?

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Liverpool or City?

Some of you will remember my €1k wager I bet against my scouse mate on the day of the takeover, some of you might be hearing about it for the first time...

Anyway, I first mentioned it on the site in the summer I think and it was met with some interesting reaction - I was called a fool by a few guys and one in particular really thought it was the most ridiculous thing he'd heard - he said it would take us more than 5 years to get champions league and probably more than ten years to win the league...

So what's the perception now, one year on- firstly on who will win the premier league first and also what time frame you think we'll win the league in?
Original Dub

Re: POLL - Who will win the premier league first?

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:42 pm

well mate i put my money where my mouth is also - bet a scum fan £100 we would win it within 5 seasons.

four to go.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:well mate i put my money where my mouth is also - bet a scum fan £100 we would win it within 5 seasons.

four to go.

Fair play to you mate! Actually, I put 500 up against a scum mate that City would finish ahead of United within 5 years and he was delighted with himself!

And before anyone asks why I didn't go to a bookies - I wouldn't fancy throwing 1000 quid down on a bet that might not be settled for a few years!

This way, I felt we'd definitely win it before Liverpool and I'd never have to pay out the 1000 at all!

Anyway, I reckon if we qualify for the champions league this year, we'll go close next year and if we don't win it, we will the following year. So I reckon within 2 years depending on champs league qualification this season. In fact, you could say, within 2 years of champions league qualification full stop.
Original Dub

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Oh City without a doubt, you couldn't have clubs heading in a more opposite direction from those seated at the top table. Scouse 1 are in all sorts of financial trouble and they could be spending a few years as a mediocre mid-table team with Everton finishing above them

We, on the other hand are about to reclaim the top dog in Manchester crown alongside a title or four
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby aaron bond » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:12 pm

We will definitely win it before Liverpool.

I'd even bet that we'll win it before Arsenal next do.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby HeyMark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:12 pm

I voted us. Them winning the premier league is crucial on getting new investment and getting their next management appointment crucial. Who knows how long them yanks are gonna hang round for. I doubt they'd sell without making a serious profit, so it could be a while yet for the scousers
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Right now, City. The premier league is a rich mans game.

Depends however if/when Liverpool get taken over and who they are taken over by.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Grob wrote:Right now, City. The premier league is a rich mans game.

Depends however if/when Liverpool get taken over and who they are taken over by.

that's a good point mate, but from what I've heard the chances of an owner equally as rich as ours willing to trade blows with Mansour are very slim.

Also, maybe next season we'll be able to offer players champs league and they won't...

That sounds great, especially considering the amount of bollox I had to listen to from several pool fans "why would anyone go to city when all they have to offer is money... players want to play at the highest level blah blah..."

Indeed they do.... :)
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:13 pm

Grob wrote:Right now, City. The premier league is a rich mans game.

There'll inevitably be suitors for Liverpool because their history is top notch and so is their capability in World Football - but they don't have the things in place that City had when Abu Dhabi came along. i.e. A new Investor needs to sort out a new Ground for Liverpool. Anfield won't do anymore.

The present Financial climate dictates that the new Owner needs a huge amount of money before they can improve on what Liverpool already have.

We were very, very lucky with our Takeover. Too many promise the Earth and deliver nothing.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:46 pm

We make the Champions league in the next 6 weeks then there is not turning back. I would say yes we will win the prem before Liverpool. They do not seem to be going anyway fast but i guess you cant right them off just yet. Lets see how they get on without the Champions league money!!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Why is it that the minority in these polls never give their reasons?!

2 city fans think that liverpool will win the league before city and that's fine, but I'm intrigued as to why they feel that way?

Come on lads, give us your reasons...
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:Why is it that the minority in these polls never give their reasons?!

2 city fans think that liverpool will win the league before city and that's fine, but I'm intrigued as to why they feel that way?

Typical City? i.e. Finally breaking a Quarter Final curse and then going out in the Semis?

I voted for us, btw. I'd vote for John68 winning a Grand Prix in his Hackney Carriage if I thought it was the right thing to do.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Blue in the face » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:10 pm

City without a doubt.

I think the two who voted for the dippers were having a laugh. Theres always one isn't there (or two)?
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:14 pm

No. Simply because they have better fans, more history, better fans, an older stadium, better fans and really good owners. Oh, and did I mention the fans?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:17 pm

btajim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Why is it that the minority in these polls never give their reasons?!

Typical City? i.e. Finally breaking a Quarter Final curse and then going out in the Semis?

I voted for us, btw. I'd vote for John68 winning a Grand Prix in his Hackney Carriage if I thought it was the right thing to do.

You could be right, but I reckon its 2 of those that tried to tell me I was a fool before and they don't wanna back down now, albeit whilst opting to remain annonymous this time! Ha ha
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:

You could be right, but I reckon its 2 of those that tried to tell me I was a fool before and they don't wanna back down now, albeit whilst opting to remain annonymous this time! Ha ha

Look up you wierdo ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:

Look up you wierdo ;-)

Sorry mate, can't find the two lads that voted for liverpool. tell me what I'm missing, I'm Irish FFS ;)
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Sorry, is this thread waiting for me? If you can't see it mate, I'm not telling you........and I'm taking my ball ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Nope, can't see it.

I think its two folk taking the piss ...

I'm taking my 1k and I'm going home with it, so fuck those two WUMs ;-)
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:Nope, can't see it.

I think its two folk taking the piss ...

I'm taking my 1k and I'm going home with it, so fuck those two WUMs ;-)

Square me away with half and I'll tell ya!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum