Tevez at West Ham ...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tevez at West Ham ...

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:51 am

WTF lol no but he wouldn't cheer..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:57 am

walmai wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:He wouldnt give a toss about West Ham and defo not enough to do something silly like that!! Plus,wasnt it his goal that kept them up and created aload of bother due to him not having the correct contract at the club?? or something like that..

If he scores and puts them down, justice will be done.

Not in his eyes.

Few players get away from the silly 'reject' taunts - and we're known to arbitrarily hate players who left (hi Frank!) - but Tevez loves us.

Few players get a returning reception to make him openly weep. But Carlos got that (in a Man U shirt).

He's a professional who may top up scoring to send us down. And if he did, I wouldn't hate him for it anyway.

Justice and football don't mix, mate. How can they, when the rules are applied with vigour against some, but ignored for others?

That always puzzled me. Harry (his uncle) got boot as did Frank's daddy, what was he expected to do. And you got jolly good price for him considering the stage of developement he was AT THE TIME. I can't remember him ever bad mouthing West Ham (Before you started giving him shit that is). And you treat him like Sol Campbell..... still to this day. Ridiculous imo.

Regarding the first post, not a fucking chance. Although if we were playing Boca, I'd be slightly worried.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 am

He is totally professional.
He'd bury it, but spend an hour after thye game apologising to the hammers and signing autographs.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby lythamblue » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:44 am

Without a doubt he would do his job and fire us into the Top 4.

However, best scenario would be we have already qualified for champs league with nothing else to play for and WH need to win. I would not be surprised if he was left out the side.

Most interesting scenario would be ....... if we both just needed a point!!!

Would we leave him out and would both teams just pass the ball around for 90 mins?
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby walmai » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:53 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
walmai wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:He wouldnt give a toss about West Ham and defo not enough to do something silly like that!! Plus,wasnt it his goal that kept them up and created aload of bother due to him not having the correct contract at the club?? or something like that..

Not in his eyes.

Few players get away from the silly 'reject' taunts - and we're known to arbitrarily hate players who left (hi Frank!) - but Tevez loves us.

Few players get a returning reception to make him openly weep. But Carlos got that (in a Man U shirt).

He's a professional who may top up scoring to send us down. And if he did, I wouldn't hate him for it anyway.

Justice and football don't mix, mate. How can they, when the rules are applied with vigour against some, but ignored for others?

That always puzzled me. Harry (his uncle) got boot as did Frank's daddy, what was he expected to do. And you got jolly good price for him considering the stage of developement he was AT THE TIME. I can't remember him ever bad mouthing West Ham (Before you started giving him shit that is). And you treat him like Sol Campbell..... still to this day. Ridiculous imo.

Regarding the first post, not a fucking chance. Although if we were playing Boca, I'd be slightly worried.

The why's and wherefores about it are lost in time, now. I for one can't see the point in it. The club sacked his old man - realistically because of his ties to Redknapp - so we can hardly blame him for being happy about leaving.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Fish111 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:12 am

Tevez would score without doubt but he wouldn't celebrate, he holds great affection for the club and i can live with that. I'm not at all sentimental personally and i think a shit load of Sheff Utd fans are very eager to see Tevez personally relegate the hammers.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Whitefield Blue » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:20 am

lythamblue wrote:Without a doubt he would do his job and fire us into the Top 4.

However, best scenario would be we have already qualified for champs league with nothing else to play for and WH need to win. I would not be surprised if he was left out the side.

Would we leave him out and would both teams just pass the ball around for 90 mins?

no, FA laws say teams must do their sensible utmost to win games. which is why wolves got slated for playing their reserves team at OT and surrendering before it started. i think they actually got fined too?
Whitefield Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby lythamblue » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:28 am

Whitefield Blue wrote:
lythamblue wrote:Without a doubt he would do his job and fire us into the Top 4.

no, FA laws say teams must do their sensible utmost to win games. which is why wolves got slated for playing their reserves team at OT and surrendering before it started. i think they actually got fined too?

We all know the laws prohibit it, but how could it ever be proved. Even if it was not deliberate, the mentality of both teams would be not to concede, they would relax once they realised that the other team were not pushing forward too much ..... and it would probably fizzle out a goaless draw anyway.

Especially if it was still 0-0 with 15 mins to go ..... could you see one team going for the winner?
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue in North London » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 am

lythamblue wrote:Most interesting scenario would be ....... if we both just needed a point!!!

Let's say we need a point to finish fourth (ahead of Spurs) and West Ham are safe. Would West Ham bust a gut if it meamnt that them beating us would see Spurs enter the CL? If I was a West Ham fan, I would be happy to see my team stop Spurs qualifying for CL on two occasions (this year and Lasagna-gate). Maybe I am petty...
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby branny » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:56 am

He's a professional and would be expected to do what he did at the CoMs. Hopefully it won't come down to that. I'm hoping that we've got 4th in the bag and the hammers are safe so it won't matter. There are several other teams i'd rather see go down.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby walmai » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Blue in North London wrote:
lythamblue wrote:Most interesting scenario would be ....... if we both just needed a point!!!

Let's say we need a point to finish fourth (ahead of Spurs) and West Ham are safe. Would West Ham bust a gut if it meamnt that them beating us would see Spurs enter the CL? If I was a West Ham fan, I would be happy to see my team stop Spurs qualifying for CL on two occasions (this year and Lasagna-gate). Maybe I am petty...

West Ham have been so appallingly bad at home since late January that, even if we were safe, I get the feeling that some of the players will just want to put on a show for:

1. Us, the fans - witness the 45 minute barrage of noise lifting them on Sunday
2. The goblins who now own us - and have promised a clear out, and
3. Respective international managers... Carlton Cole, for instance, will want one last shout towards inclusion in the England squad, Spector (stop sniggering please) for USA, etc etc.

Some of our players are known to have Spurs' backgrounds, I might note. It would only be the fans who took to heart the idea that we could deny them again and especially Honest Harry the satisfaction of CL qualification.

However, looking again at the fixtures, are you sure its Spuds and not Liverpool who represent your main challengers?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:17 pm

walmai wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
walmai wrote:

Not in his eyes.

The why's and wherefores about it are lost in time, now. I for one can't see the point in it. The club sacked his old man - realistically because of his ties to Redknapp - so we can hardly blame him for being happy about leaving.

Didn't Fat Frank also start kissing his Chelsea badge when he scored after about 2 games for them??
Out of interest, what reception does Joe Cole get when he goes back?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby walmai » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Cole's is mixed, although I'd say the majority give him a round of applause. He studiously ignored it last time they played us though. Joe Cole is however the player who would most cheer us by re-signing for the club. I know its a dream, but, as a teenager he showed so much promise.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:01 pm

he now plays for us, and gets a nice wedge for it, so if he has a chance im sure he would score for us.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 am

If he didn't need to score for us to get 4th i'm pretty sure he would miss accidently of course. In that situation everybody wins.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum