Tevez at West Ham ...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez at West Ham ...

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Last game of the season at Upton Park. Imagine, City need to win to finish fourth and West Ham need a point to stay up. It's 1-1 with a minute to go and Tevez gets the ball in the box with only the goalkeeper to beat. He'd score, and he'd feel worse about sending his old team down than Denis Law did after his back-heel. But if City already had 4th place and WHU needed the draw, would he boot it wide?
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Re: Tevez at West Ham ...

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 pm

would he boot it wide?

No.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby blootoof » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 pm

No chance
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 pm

No.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 pm

He wouldnt give a toss about West Ham and defo not enough to do something silly like that!! Plus,wasnt it his goal that kept them up and created aload of bother due to him not having the correct contract at the club?? or something like that..

If he scores and puts them down, justice will be done.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Burt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:44 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Last game of the season at Upton Park. Imagine, City need to win to finish fourth and West Ham need a point to stay up. It's 1-1 with a minute to go and Tevez gets the ball in the box with only the goalkeeper to beat. He'd score, and he'd feel worse about sending his old team down than Denis Law did after his back-heel. But if City already had 4th place and WHU needed the draw, would he boot it wide?

Bollox!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blootoof » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Dazzacity wrote:He wouldnt give a toss about West Ham and defo not enough to do something silly like that!! Plus,wasnt it his goal that kept them up and created aload of bother due to him not having the correct contract at the club?? or something like that..

I've read that three times stoned.

Is that a yes or a no?
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby walmai » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Dazzacity wrote:He wouldnt give a toss about West Ham and defo not enough to do something silly like that!! Plus,wasnt it his goal that kept them up and created aload of bother due to him not having the correct contract at the club?? or something like that..

Not in his eyes.

Few players get away from the silly 'reject' taunts - and we're known to arbitrarily hate players who left (hi Frank!) - but Tevez loves us.

Few players get a returning reception to make him openly weep. But Carlos got that (in a Man U shirt).

He's a professional who may top up scoring to send us down. And if he did, I wouldn't hate him for it anyway.

Justice and football don't mix, mate. How can they, when the rules are applied with vigour against some, but ignored for others?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:33 pm

walmai wrote:

Not in his eyes.

Few players get away from the silly 'reject' taunts - and we're known to arbitrarily hate players who left (hi Frank!) - but Tevez loves us.

Few players get a returning reception to make him openly weep. But Carlos got that (in a Man U shirt).

He's a professional who may top up scoring to send us down. And if he did, I wouldn't hate him for it anyway.

Justice and football don't mix, mate. How can they, when the rules are applied with vigour against some, but ignored for others?
Walmai mate i really hope the scenario dosent happen mate but if it does Tevez will score its his job.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby walmai » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeah, I knows it.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 pm

He stated over the summer that West Ham will always have a special place for him. I hope we don't go into that game needing a win with West Ham still needing a result, or we could see a poor performance from him, probably not on purpose, but because it would potentially affect him.

Think about it, if one of us were playing for West Ham, knowing that the goal would send City down, could we shoot? You either do a Law on instinct or think about it and probably aim for just past the post
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:He stated over the summer that West Ham will always have a special place for him. I hope we don't go into that game needing a win with West Ham still needing a result, or we could see a poor performance from him, probably not on purpose, but because it would potentially affect him.

Think about it, if one of us were playing for West Ham, knowing that the goal would send City down, could we shoot? You either do a Law on instinct or think about it and probably aim for just past the post

If you are professional you do your job end of.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 pm

gillie wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:He stated over the summer that West Ham will always have a special place for him. I hope we don't go into that game needing a win with West Ham still needing a result, or we could see a poor performance from him, probably not on purpose, but because it would potentially affect him.

On instinct, yes. Otherwise, I really don't know how they do it.

Players must have been fans as kids and there must be few players who get to play for the team they supported, but there would be a difference between scoring for a team you've played for for a number of years in mid-season and sending a club you love down. Not saying Tevez loves WHU, but just trying to get my head round it.

I might try and make it look convincing, after all, bills need paying, but I'd still skim the wrong side of the post.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
gillie wrote:

On instinct, yes. Otherwise, I really don't know how they do it.

Players must have been fans as kids and there must be few players who get to play for the team they supported, but there would be a difference between scoring for a team you've played for for a number of years in mid-season and sending a club you love down. Not saying Tevez loves WHU, but just trying to get my head round it.

I might try and make it look convincing, after all, bills need paying, but I'd still skim the wrong side of the post.

I would'nt.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Must be playing in the back of his mind that his goals kept them up and it could be a goal from him that sends them down. But to say he doesn't give a crap against West Ham is wrong, he doesn't celebrate when he scores against them...still does it, but you can see he has massive respect for the Hammers.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 pm

tbh i reckon WHU will be safe by then.

Burnley look fucked.

How many times has Dowie been involved with relegated sides?
The Man In Blue

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:07 pm

Slim wrote:Must be playing in the back of his mind that his goals kept them up and it could be a goal from him that sends them down. But to say he doesn't give a crap against West Ham is wrong, he doesn't celebrate when he scores against them...still does it, but you can see he has massive respect for the Hammers.

Respect is one thing Slim but the guy is an ultimate professional and he may well be in with a chance of being our top prem goalscorer so he would score imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:12 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Last game of the season at Upton Park. Imagine, City need to win to finish fourth and West Ham need a point to stay up. It's 1-1 with a minute to go and Tevez gets the ball in the box with only the goalkeeper to beat. He'd score, and he'd feel worse about sending his old team down than Denis Law did after his back-heel. But if City already had 4th place and WHU needed the draw, would he boot it wide?

What a stupid fucking question, Tevez is a City player end of. If he get's through on goal one on one with the keeper there's only one outcome a City goal
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 am

gillie wrote:
Slim wrote:Must be playing in the back of his mind that his goals kept them up and it could be a goal from him that sends them down. But to say he doesn't give a crap against West Ham is wrong, he doesn't celebrate when he scores against them...still does it, but you can see he has massive respect for the Hammers.

Respect is one thing Slim but the guy is an ultimate professional and he may well be in with a chance of being our top prem goalscorer so he would score imo.

No doubt while he is on the pitch he would do so without a second thought, but if we won a penalty late on, you think he'd be the one to step up?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby cdncityfan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:39 am

I think it is really a matter for the individual and managers worth rating already know that. If the scenario would be a possiblilty and a problem for Tevez, he should not be put on the pitch and Santa Cruz take his place alongside Adebayor. It is no coincidence that Thierry Henry only featured as a brief, ineffective substitute for Barcelona against Arsenal and did not feature in the second leg.

Professional or not, footballers still have the same emotions and allegiances as anyone else.

However, if Tevez did score, I'm sure he would make some kind of apologetic gesture to the West Ham fans.

Lets' hope that the final day is not a survival vs. Champions League place match because in that scenario I can't see either of us winning. Hopefully it will only be for the record books with enthusiastic exchanges of Blue Moon and I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles!
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum