Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:09 am

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to spark a cross-city battle for £24million-rated Mirko Vucinic.
City boss Roberto Mancini has targeted the Roma striker as he prepares for next season.
And that may force United manager Alex Ferguson's hand, as he has also been tracking the Montenegro international.
Vucinic, 26, has long been coveted by Europe's biggest sides.
He has hit 14 goals so far this season and played a key part in Roma's Serie A title charge.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is also a fan but, if City firm up their interest, their spending power would put them ahead of the chasing Premier League pack.

Chelsea & Manchester City scout Bari defender Leonardo Bonucci
Premier League sides Chelsea and Manchester City are tracking Bari defender Leonardo Bonucci , according to reports in the Italian press.The Rome-based newspaper Il Messaggero claims that both Manchester City and Chelsea have sent scouts to watch the highly-rated central defender.Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti and Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini are believed to have been impressed with Bonucci this season.The 6.2ft defender, who is also attracting the interest of Inter Milan and Juventus, has been part of one of the meanest defences in Serie A in 2009/2010.
Leonardo Bonucci, 22, is also co-owned by Genoa and is expected to leave Bari in the summer after impressing alongside another highly-rated young Italian defender, Andrea Ranocchia .

Patrick Vieira expects to stay at Manchester City next season
After scoring his first goal for Manchester City on Saturday in their 6-1 rout of Burnley, Patrick Vieira has confirmed on French TV that he expects to be at Eastlands next season.
Rumours yesterday suggested the MLS was hoping to bring Vieira to America but the former Arsenal and Inter Milan midfielder hopes to continue at Manchester City .
Vieira told Canal +he expects to sign on for 2010/2011: "There are great opportunities for me to stay another year at Manchester City ."
The 33-year-old midfielder was Roberto Mancini’s first signing for Manchester City and agreed a six-month deal with an option of a further twelve months.
In the French television interview Vieira also reacted to the rumoured interest from the MLS and said he "did not" intend to play in the USA.
Last August however, the French international midfielder had said he would be happy to "experiment at the end of my career, so why not the United States?"

Mancini: The Importance of the Academy
Roberto Mancini has spoken to the Official Website about the importance of the academy and how the door will always been open for promising young talent to come through:

Youth will always be given its fling at Manchester City. That is the message assailing Academy prospects’ ears in stereo from current boss Roberto Mancini and ex-Platt Lane supremo Jim Cassell. The former had this to say recently about the promotion of teenagers Abdi Ibrahim, Greg Cunningham, Alex Nimely, and Dedryck Boyata under his stewardship
Mancini: "I am a manager who puts a lot of faith in bringing players through the Academy system and who has been pleased to give several City players their chance to play in the first team. They train often with us at Carrington so they are used to being around the senior players and it is not so much of a shock if I call them into the team. We have several talented young players trying to break through."
There is also some news on how Jim Cassell is doing in the United Arab Emirates:

The latter, meanwhile (Cassell), is currently in Abu Dhabi spreading the Blues’ method and word amongst some of the most promising young footballers in the United Arab Emirates. And enshrined in the message that he is determined to pass on is that youth development – in spite of all the money pumped into playing staff at senior level in the past 18 months - remains as strong a priority as it ever has been.
"You would expect me to be biased towards young people but I genuinely believe the younger generation hold the key to the future of our football club," declared the man whose team produced thirty first team graduates in ten years. "I think if you can create belief you can make anything happen."
This is really good to hear. But like Jack on TLDORC; I can see our academy policy changing from graduating local lads to handpicking the world's most exciting talents (like we did with Jeremy Helan). However, Mancini isn't lying, the only academy player Hughes gave a debut to in 18 months was Vladimir Weiss. Already, in just 4 months Mancini has handed debuts to 4 youngsters; Dedryck Boyata, Abdi Ibrahim, Greg Cunningham and Alex Nimely.

Sylvinho: Would love to stay at City
Veteran Manchester City defender Sylvinho has admitted he is unsure where his future lies, but that he hopes to stay at Eastlands.
The 35-year-old joined City on a free transfer from Barcelona last year and is out of contract in the summer.
With Wayne Bridge seen as first-choice left-back and Javier Garrido also in contention, the former Brazil international has been restricted to 14 appearances for City this season.
But the former Arsenal and Celta Vigo man is happy to concentrate on City's bid to secure fourth place and Champions League qualification before hoping to agree a new deal with the Blues.
Asked if he will be staying at City, he said: "I have no idea. It's difficult to talk about the future, but my wish is to be here.
"I'm proud to be part of this project but at the moment it's important to keep the focus on the last six games."

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is making move for £6m-rated Estudiantes striker Mauro Boselli as he plans for a new-look attack. Birmingham were chasing the Argentina international in January's transfer window. Daily Mirror

Sheffield United are lining up a summer move for Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley. The former Manchester United right-back, 24, is out of favour at the Stadium of Light. Daily Mail

Tottenham are ready to splash out £2m on Notts County goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel and then loan him back to the League Two outfit. Daily Mirror

Spurs are also keen on £5m-rated Atletico Madrid keeper Sergio Asenjo to come in as back up Heurelho Gomes. The Sun

QPR manager Neil Warnock wants to sign nine players for a total of £10m during the summer. He is targeting Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper plus Julian Speroni, Nathaniel Clyne, Darren Ambrose and Neil Danns of his former club Crystal Palace. Daily Mirror

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is keen to snap up Bolton's South Korean winger Lee Chung-Yong for £8m to help provide extra creativity and more firepower for his strikers. Caughtoffside.com

Bolton boss Owen Coyle wants to sign Burnley's 30-year-old defender Clarke Carlisle who is out of contract at the end of the season. The Sun

Birmingham and Sunderland face competition from Italian side Juventus in the race to sign German striker Kevin Kuranyi from Schalke. IM Scouting

WAG OF THE DAY
http://italy.theoffside.com/wags/wag-of ... nalis.html

OTHER BOLLOX
Newcastle United's billionaire owner Mike Ashley will allow a summer spending spree at St James's Park to try to ensure Premier League survival next season, despite being reluctant to return to the days of the club's high-spending past. The Guardian

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has played in a secret 11-a-side friendly and could be on the bench for Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final second leg against Bayern Munich. Daily Mirror

And Rooney has been driving United manager Sir Alex Ferguson crazy with his pleas to make him a substitute for the Old Trafford clash. Daily Mail

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has blamed the club's failure to challenge for the Premier League title squarely at the feet of the Anfield outfit's owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks. Daily Mirror

Referee Mike Dean has been demoted from officiating in the Premier League this weekend. Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson called his performance "poor" in their 2-1 defeat by Chelsea on Saturday, while Dean also awarded Blackburn a questionable penalty in their 1-0 win over Burnley the week before.

Simon Beck, who failed to flag Didier Drogba offside for Chelsea's second goal, has also been demoted and both will officiate at Bristol City this weekend. (Daily Mail)

Burnley midfielder Kevin McDonald has apologised after wandering to a pub with his family after leaving Turf Moor following his half-time substitution on Saturday. The 21-year-old was fined for his walkout during the fixture against Manchester City, which the Clarets lost 6-1.The Times
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:13 am

I laugh every time I see: Vieira 33. I have no doubt that he's older than me. No doubt.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:36 am

I see the transfer made-up-bollox season is starting.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:41 am

God I do hope Vieira does move on next season especially if we make champions league.. Also OMG the press link us to every single Italian player now we have an Italian manager don't they?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Chinners » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:38 pm

IBRAHIM PENS NEW CITY DEAL
Young Manchester City midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim has signed a new four-year contract at the club.
The 18-year-old academy graduate has broken into the first team under Roberto Mancini this season, making his debut in the FA Cup match at Scunthorpe in January and more recently appearing in the Barclays Premier League against Burnley on Saturday.
"I am really happy; I am going to enjoy the moment. It is really exciting for me," said the Norwegian.
"The contract gives me time to learn my trade and push my claims. I couldn't be at better club."
Although City have millions of pounds at their disposal and have shown plenty of willingness to use them in the transfer market, Ibrahim believes youngsters will still be given their chance under Mancini.
"The boss has been great with me and the other lads," he said.
"He's a really good coach and he believes that if you are good enough, you are old enough and that sends a very positive message to all the young players at the club, particularly the next group of academy players coming through."
Ibrahim also wants to learn all he can from Patrick Vieira, a player who he tried to model his game on even before the Frenchman signed for City in January.
"Patrick is a great guy - he's done so much in his career and won so many things and to have him advising me out on the training pitch every day is fantastic," Ibrahim said.
"He has my game a lot already, giving me tips on where to play and how and when to move around the pitch - he's not a bad teacher to have, is he?
"Having said that, all the players want to help, too, including the more senior squad members. There is a great team spirit throughout the squad and I couldn't be at a better club."
mcf.net thread: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31558

SIR BERT
A fortnight of great Easter fun at the City of Manchester Stadium comes to an end on Friday when legendary goalkeeper Bert Trautmann will be signing copies of his biography ‘Trautmann’s Journey’ in the CityCentre Store at the ground from 4.30pm until 5.30pm.
Bert famously emerged from a Prison of War camp to become one of the great keepers of the 20th century and wrote his name in the history books by playing for the Blues with a broken neck in the 1956 FA Cup final win over Birmingham City.
The 2009/10 campaign marks the 60th anniversary of the former Paratrooper’s transfer from St Helens Town to City and he will be a guest of honour at the Birmingham game on Sunday afternoon.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has denied speculation linking him with a move to Juventus in the summer and says he is already putting plans together for next season at Eastlands. (Press Association)
mcf thread: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31552

Nemanja Vidic has once again rejected talk of a possible move away from Manchester United this summer. The Serbian defender has been the subject of intense transfer speculation for most of the season, with claims his wife Ana is not happy in England. AC Milan and Real Madrid have reportedly been interested in the centre-back. (United Review)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez remains Juventus' number one target and they want to conclude contract negotiations with him by the end of April. IM Scouting

Coach calls for Dzeko decision
Striker keen to join a club who are regularly in Champions League
Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko has been urged to make a statement regarding his future by his coach Lorenz Gunther Kostner.
Dzeko has established himself as one of the most potent goalscorers in Europe and was close to joining AC Milan last summer.
He eventually decided to stay at Wolfsburg, but has a clause in his contract which would allow him to leave in the summer if a club offered in the region of £36million before 31st May.
Premier League rivals Chelsea and Manchester City have recently been linked with bids for the Bosnia international and Kostner feels it would be beneficial for Dzeko to declare his intentions.
"Edin Dzeko will finish the season a Wolfsburg player, that's for definite, whatever happens after that is down to rumours," said Kostner ahead of the second leg of the Europa League quarter-final tie against Fulham on Thursday night.
"Edin Dzeko saying he will stay would be an absolutely huge sign for us. I can't tell you how important that would be for us, but that's neither here nor there. Right now we have to wait to see what happens in May.
"As his manager I can't have much influence on whether he stays or not. All I can say at the moment is that he is on absolute top form. He's really firing on all cylinders. He's doing fantastic."
Dzeko discussed his future last week and admitted that he has no preference about which country he wants to play his football in, only that he is playing regularly in the UEFA Champions League.
He told Sport-Bild: "I have never said I desperately want to join a club in Serie A, there are plenty of options.
"Spain is one, England is one and even Germany remains one. Still I am not going to comment on the name of any club.
"I have the intention to join a club that is playing in the UEFA Champions League every season."
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby halnone » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:11 pm

hope we do get vucinic. from what ive seen he is top class
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Sylvinho only 35 yer havin a laff he has more grey hair than John68 and John is an octagenarian dont yer know.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum