Mirko Vucinic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mirko Vucinic

Postby Paul68 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 am

Rumour control starting early...

According to the sun - so it MUST be true - City are ready to bid for $24million rated Vucinic.
apparently u****d and the arse are interested too

He's hit 14 goals in serie a this season for Roma

Anyone seen him/know if he's any good
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Re: Mirko Vucinic

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:17 am

whenever i have seen him play (which isnt very often) he has been absolute dog shit.

but like i say not very often and 14 goals in serie a aint bad.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:56 am

Mike J wrote:whenever i have seen him play (which isnt very often) he has been absolute dog shit.

but like i say not very often and 14 goals in serie a aint bad.

Gotta say i'm not a massive fan. But if i could take one Roma player though it would be De Rossi.

De Rossi was born to play in this league, he has every attribute to be a huge success here, although he is being lined up as Totti's successor at Roma so convincing him to leave would be tough! Worth a try though :D
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:54 am

Gonna be linked to a lot of Italians this window.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm

I rate Vucinic a lot. He's a bit inconsistent, can be a genius one game and a ghost the next, but he's become much better in that season by season, as he got himself an always more important role at Roma, and now he's one of the best players at the club. I'm sure if you ask any Roma fan who his three fav players are, he'd say Totti, De Rossi and Vucinic, it's like that for me for sure anyway.

He's fast, has lots of technique so he can dribble and can shoot from long range, curl shots home and find a killer pass. He's improved in his striker instinct in front of goal, he used to miss easy chances but now he does that much less (but he still does it). His only flaw is that he's not super strong physically wise so you can't use him as a target man with great results, but when he can run at defenders from the wing he's absolutely deadly, expecially from the left. I think he'd be a great replacement for Bellamy if his knees are starting to limit him (or will be soon), although he doesn't have the same workrate as Bellers, but he can still provide enough cover on the flank when it's needed imho.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:31 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:I rate Vucinic a lot. He's a bit inconsistent, can be a genius one game and a ghost the next, but he's become much better in that season by season, as he got himself an always more important role at Roma, and now he's one of the best players at the club. I'm sure if you ask any Roma fan who his three fav players are, he'd say Totti, De Rossi and Vucinic, it's like that for me for sure anyway.

He's fast, has lots of technique so he can dribble and can shoot from long range, curl shots home and find a killer pass. He's improved in his striker instinct in front of goal, he used to miss easy chances but now he does that much less (but he still does it). His only flaw is that he's not super strong physically wise so you can't use him as a target man with great results, but when he can run at defenders from the wing he's absolutely deadly, expecially from the left. I think he'd be a great replacement for Bellamy if his knees are starting to limit him (or will be soon), although he doesn't have the same workrate as Bellers, but he can still provide enough cover on the flank when it's needed imho.

My brother is a big AS Roma fan and he says the same three are best!

Totti is lightyears ahead at number one in his eyes though! He worships the guy! :D
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
My brother is a big AS Roma fan and he says the same three are best!

Totti is lightyears ahead at number one in his eyes though! He worships the guy! :D

That goes for any Roma fan, he's a legend at the club, come through the youth team, played for his whole career at the club even when he was sought after by Chelsea and Real Madrid, not to mention AC Milan, and currently holds the record for goals scored at the club, and is in the Serie A top ten scorers of all times.

Even if his contribution has decreased in the last two seasons due to injuries that take a long time to heal, mostly for fear of damaging again the knee he got an operation to, Totti is still the number one for every Roma fan. But, Vucinic has had to carry the team front line on his shoulders whenever Totti was injured in the last few seasons and he's done very well at it, now there is Toni too so even without Totti he can play on his preferred position on the left flank, and as I said, he's deadly there with his pace and technique.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Return to The Maine Football forum