Magic Johnson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Magic Johnson

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Johnno saying on the OS he is aiming to be fit and back in the running for pre-season.

i still feel that he can make a big contribution to this team and squad if he can just stay fit. He is the right type of player and one that we have identified that we need. So even if we buy in the summer for someone in his role, he will still make good competition for the CM role. He played ok against scunny and took a peach of a goal so im not really too worried that he wont be able to get his form, i just hope for he lad that he has no more serious injuries. He could be just the player we are looking for in a longer term sense. i miss him tbh.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Magic Johnson

Postby colonel_muck » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:36 pm

he is going to have to work tremendously hard to make his way back in, but if all goes well i for one would love to see him back in the side. he's made to be an all round midfielder, and as many have mentioned on here recently that's one thing we are really missing.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby kinkylola » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:37 pm

I hope he is able to come back and use the natural talents that he so obviously possesses. I also hope that he isn't crushed under the weight of expectation that will 100% be thrown on him from his very first minute on the field.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:29 pm

Apparently he and Silvinho were in Abu Dhabi this week running some kind of training session for kids. There was a photo of them in the local paper and if anything, Johnno looked very slim, so he must be working hard.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Holy crap totally forgot about the guy (2nd time this season). Honestly don't know if he can make it anymore being so injury prone now though would love him to make it with us.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby steve isle of man » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:34 pm

He doesn't look that slim on the photo on the official site
Abu Flabby more like
steve isle of man
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 pm

well Doug has seen him at Carrington recently and noted that he looked ok and that he hadn't beefed up like last time he was out... so i will take Doug's account over anything else tbh
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Grob » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 pm

A fully fit Jonno would complement Barry in the middle of our midfield
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:14 am

Maybe I shouldn't say this but I honestly can't see him coming back anymore. Not in top of the Premier League form anyway. Maybe career in Championship can be still resurrected. He was on-off on the pitch even before his injuries and "injuries" and he has lost years of developement now. I mean he has played 6 games in about two and half years. Granted he is still 22 but he looks so far away from any sort of shape that I just can't believe it.

I pray the Bacchus that I'm wrong about this one and he rams my words down my mouth.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:07 am

Not a chance. I dont think he will ever regain full fitness.

Even if he does I dont think he was ever going to be good enough to be a top six player and it would take him a long time to get up to that level. If he is fit next season he should be loaned out to a club that can guarentee him a game every week.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Maybe I shouldn't say this but I honestly can't see him coming back anymore. Not in top of the Premier League form anyway. Maybe career in Championship can be still resurrected. He was on-off on the pitch even before his injuries and "injuries" and he has lost years of developement now. I mean he has played 6 games in about two and half years. Granted he is still 22 but he looks so far away from any sort of shape that I just can't believe it.

I pray the Bacchus that I'm wrong about this one and he rams my words down my mouth.

well it has to be said as it is definitely part of what we are all thinking anyway, we had the same debate last year before he made it back into training/squad. tbh he was better than we had thought he might be. He is obviously well liked by the other players judging by the reaction of them to his goal against Scunny. I tend to think positively until proven otherwise, and as i am pretty sure he will get back to fitness and training, his basic talent deserves a chance, so i also hope he proves you wrong.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Return to The Maine Football forum