How do we get a title challenging squad for next season?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How do we get a title challenging squad for next season?

Postby Socrates » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Grob wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:
cdncityfan wrote:Honestly, I believe that our existing squad is good enough to win the Barclays Premier League. Why we are 15 points behind the leaders have more to do with the number of games where the team has not played as a unit as opposed to the quality of the players as individuals. Team organization has improved under Mancini, albeit at the cost of scoring as many goals against anyone except Burnley and Championship sides.
Apart from adding more depth (although after injury returns, our bench is deeper than the rags, liverpool and arsenal and slightly behind Chelsea), keeping the team together to develop better chemistry and tactical fluidity would be the best thing which we can do. Or we can spend another 200 million quid and start the process all over again.

And Chelsea?

and Birmingham...

this 4-2-4 formation is starting to grow on me!

Its always easier to win football matches when you try to attack. I like this new approach Mancini is finally trying of putting 4 attackers on the pitch rather than 3. The 4 attackers we are currently using, unlike our long gone Brazilian contingient, work for they're team both with and without the ball.

Maybe getting rid of the brazilians was the key all along?

No, they'd flourish in this system now that we have the defence sorted out. We now have a manager who can get players to attack and defend in the same formation!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby simon12 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:50 pm

I think Booby will get a CB LB RB CM and a stricker this window only one I don`t favour him going for is a CB Joleen and Vinnie for me with Ned as cover. I think Toure will be going as will RSC. Spanish Gaz for me today wasn`t up to it and I wish he was. However I`m still buzzin` about today and the team as a whole were great.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Socrates wrote:
Grob wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:
cdncityfan wrote:Honestly, I believe that our existing squad is good enough to win the Barclays Premier League. Why we are 15 points behind the leaders have more to do with the number of games where the team has not played as a unit as opposed to the quality of the players as individuals. Team organization has improved under Mancini, albeit at the cost of scoring as many goals against anyone except Burnley and Championship sides.
Apart from adding more depth (although after injury returns, our bench is deeper than the rags, liverpool and arsenal and slightly behind Chelsea), keeping the team together to develop better chemistry and tactical fluidity would be the best thing which we can do. Or we can spend another 200 million quid and start the process all over again.

And Chelsea?

and Birmingham...

Its always easier to win football matches when you try to attack. I like this new approach Mancini is finally trying of putting 4 attackers on the pitch rather than 3. The 4 attackers we are currently using, unlike our long gone Brazilian contingient, work for they're team both with and without the ball.

No, they'd flourish in this system now that we have the defence sorted out. We now have a manager who can get players to attack and defend in the same formation!

No. The team looks much more compact without them and we are showing more consistancy and winning matches.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Socrates » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Grob wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Grob wrote:
Socrates wrote:

and Birmingham...

No. The team looks much more compact without them and we are showing more consistancy and winning matches.

you do know they either weren't here or weren't playing when we could barely win a gamein the autumn? just checking...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Socrates wrote:
Grob wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Grob wrote:
Socrates wrote:

and Birmingham...

you do know they either weren't here or weren't playing when we could barely win a gamein the autumn? just checking...

And you do no that now the last one has departed we finally look like a team and are winning matches.

Still its probably worth keeping Jo around just incase we ever play Inter.
Grob

Postby Socrates » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes of course Grob, it's down to a player, that wasn't playing anyway, leaving on loan rather than the change in manager. How are the other firemen in Camberwick Green?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Keep Mancini.

Simples.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Socrates » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:12 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Keep Mancini.

Simples.

good idea.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Socrates wrote:Yes of course Grob, it's down to a player, that wasn't playing anyway, leaving on loan rather than the change in manager. How are the other firemen in Camberwick Green?

16 appearances for Robinho this season

His departure has been a contributing factor to our improvements as were the departues of Jo and Elano before him, hence the upward curve in our performances and league position over time, under both managers.

Thumbs up to Mancini for giving him the boot.
Grob

Postby Socrates » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Grob wrote:
Socrates wrote:Yes of course Grob, it's down to a player, that wasn't playing anyway, leaving on loan rather than the change in manager. How are the other firemen in Camberwick Green?

16 appearances for Robinho this season

His departure has been a contributing factor to our improvements as were the departues of Jo and Elano before him, hence the upward curve in our performances and league position over time, under both managers.

Thumbs up to Mancini for giving him the boot.

P17 W7 D8 L2 F33 A27 Pts29 GD+6
vs
P16 W10 D3 L3 F36 A14 Pts33 GD+22

that's all down to one player? we conceded twice as many goals per game because of one attacking player? Don't think so cherub.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum