Taggart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Taggart

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
john68 wrote:Sorry Jimbo but i disagree. Taggart doesn't frightern others like he used to and the rags are an impatient lot. It is inevitable that they will start to fade at some point. Their reliance on Rooney is all too clear to see and the shortage of funds to regenerate his squad will add to the pressure.
If he starts to be percieved as failing, the rags will soon get on his back. There have been several times over the years when we have heard the beginnings of anti taggart rebellion and mutterings.
Let him fail, slowly, as we overtake them...far more fun....for us.

You're right John, they are already getting on his back. On top of that, the media started on him earlier this season for his outbursts and they seem to be starting up again.

Write that man off at your peril. There's been several occasions when everyone thought he lost it by selling some player or signing another - but he's continued to prove people wrong. I don't think I'll ever believe there's an end until he leaves The Swamp in a Box. They've already won a trophy this season and are still challenging for the Premiership. And all 4 English Clubs didn't make the Champions League Semis so that's more of a general problem than down to one specific Club.

The Press have been on him for years. He refuses to deal with most of them so they throw whatever they can in the hope that something sticks.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Image

Classic. My new desktop!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Reminds me of one I found hilarious a few years back

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:22 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:bit off-topic, but just got an email that cracked me up. you may have seen that shitty flag the rags have "not arrogant, just better"?

how about "not better, just arrogant".

Post it up mate, should do nicely for a bit of facebook rag baiting
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:17 am

john68 wrote:Sorry Jimbo but i disagree. Taggart doesn't frightern others like he used to and the rags are an impatient lot. It is inevitable that they will start to fade at some point. Their reliance on Rooney is all too clear to see and the shortage of funds to regenerate his squad will add to the pressure.
If he starts to be percieved as failing, the rags will soon get on his back. There have been several times over the years when we have heard the beginnings of anti taggart rebellion and mutterings.
Let him fail, slowly, as we overtake them...far more fun....for us.

Absolutely.
I read few general football forums and you can already sense the same atmosphere among rags that went on circa Arsenal invisibles era ie. fairly large percentage of rags starting to question Taggart. Couple of years without league and/or Champion's League and most of them will be screaming for his head. I think that's the way rags are.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:47 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Absolutely.
I read few general football forums and you can already sense the same atmosphere among rags that went on circa Arsenal invisibles era ie. fairly large percentage of rags starting to question Taggart. Couple of years without league and/or Champion's League and most of them will be screaming for his head. I think that's the way rags are.

No. That's more about their Fans than the state the Club is in. Man Ure have already won a Trophy this season and may win one more. Arsenal haven't won anything significant for a bit yet I'm not hearing "Wenger Out!!!" from the numerous Arsenal I know. Yes, Taggart's reign will come to and end sooner rather than later - but he'll almost definitely leave of his own accord and have influence in the naming of his successor.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum