Dunphy on RTE

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dunphy on RTE

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm sure most or all of you know this guy. He's both loved and hated over here (and a real rag sympathiser for the most part) but he wears his heart on his sleeve like no other pundit on TV.

Tonight he was asked what do you do if you're United?

His answer (from memory):

"I'd ask for a glass of whiskey and a gun. It's over. The game is over for them. They just don't have the readies. Manchester City will soon be the team in Manchester, that city is turning blue and there's nothing they can do. The fat lady is finished singing and its been coming for some time."

I never thought I'd hear those words out of his mouth and I had to rewind to hear them again.

Hopefully someone will find a clip on youtube soon but I doubt it. If anyone can, please please do!
Original Dub

Re: Dunphy on RTE

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Indeed and I would love to see it and post to my facebook profile etc.. etc.. lol
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:I'm sure most or all of you know this guy. He's both loved and hated over here (and a real rag sympathiser for the most part) but he wears his heart on his sleeve like no other pundit on TV.

Tonight he was asked what do you do if you're U***d?

"I'd ask for a glass of whiskey and a gun. It's over. The game is over for them. They just don't have the readies. Manchester City will soon be the team in Manchester, that city is turning blue and there's nothing they can do. The fat lady is finished singing and its been coming for some time."

I never thought I'd hear those words out of his mouth and I had to rewind to hear them again.

Hopefully someone will find a clip on youtube soon but I doubt it. If anyone can, please please do!

I think he is still in denial lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:01 pm

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm sure most or all of you know this guy. He's both loved and hated over here (and a real rag sympathiser for the most part) but he wears his heart on his sleeve like no other pundit on TV.

Awh mate if you'd have seen it - priceless! My city mate text immediately after thinking the exact same thing.

Dunphy doesn't fuck around like all the pundits on Sky ad BBC. He says it as he sees it, no sugar coating. I look forward to the half time talk on champs league nights because of Dunphy and Giles and they never let me down. When you compare them to Hansen and Shearer its unreal.

The funny thing is, when Souness is on Sjy, he's reasonably ok but when he turns up on RTE with Dunphy and Giles, its like the shackles come off and he joins in the honest banter. Freedom of speech on RTE? It certainly looks that way.

I'll try and hunt it out, but its mint I have to say. Put the icing on my cake of a night anyway...

Hey - it wouldn't suprise me one bit if united now go on to finish 3rd... and trophy-less of course.

:)
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:
gillie wrote:

Awh mate if you'd have seen it - priceless! My city mate text immediately after thinking the exact same thing.

Dunphy doesn't fuck around like all the pundits on Sky ad BBC. He says it as he sees it, no sugar coating. I look forward to the half time talk on champs league nights because of Dunphy and Giles and they never let me down. When you compare them to Hansen and Shearer its unreal.

The funny thing is, when Souness is on Sjy, he's reasonably ok but when he turns up on RTE with Dunphy and Giles, its like the shackles come off and he joins in the honest banter. Freedom of speech on RTE? It certainly looks that way.

I'll try and hunt it out, but its mint I have to say. Put the icing on my cake of a night anyway...

Hey - it wouldn't suprise me one bit if U***d now go on to finish 3rd... and trophy-less of course.

Ronan if they finnish third do they have to play qualifying rounds like the 4th placed team?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
gillie wrote:

Hey - it wouldn't suprise me one bit if U***d now go on to finish 3rd... and trophy-less of course.

Not quite trophyless mate. They'll just pretend the League Cup is the biggest prize in world football again like they did a few years ago when that's all they won.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:09 pm

I hate that man ever since i came over here. Watched the game on UTV because i can't stand the guys on RTE but i would of happily watched that come out of his mouth.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
gillie wrote:

Not quite trophyless mate. They'll just pretend the League Cup is the biggest prize in world football again like they did a few years ago when that's all they won.

D'oh
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:"I'd ask for a glass of whiskey and a gun. It's over. The game is over for them. They just don't have the readies. Manchester City will soon be the team in Manchester, that city is turning blue and there's nothing they can do. The fat lady is finished singing and its been coming for some time."

Mate, thank you very much. That quote is a real sign that we are arriving, it really does mean a lot.

PS. Is your name really Ronan? That sounds nails!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:"I'd ask for a glass of whiskey and a gun. It's over. The game is over for them. They just don't have the readies. Manchester City will soon be the team in Manchester, that city is turning blue and there's nothing they can do. The fat lady is finished singing and its been coming for some time."

Mate, thank you very much. That quote is a real sign that we are arriving, it really does mean a lot.

Yeah that bollox Gillie keeps blowing my cover. Its like hearing the Rock's real name is Dwaine :)
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Yeah that bollox Gillie keeps blowing my cover. Its like hearing the Rock's real name is Dwaine :)

Ronan i luvs yer really give us a kiss lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 pm

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The name's Dub and I don't give kisses, I give flat lines ;)
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

ha ha ha, wierdo's! And, Dwaine or Wayne is totally misunderstood!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:
gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The name's Dub and I don't give kisses, I give flat lines ;)

How many do i have to write out sir lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityDub » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Dunphy has been jumping on and then off the United bandwagon all season,the mans an idiot but even an idiot knows the scums Glory glory days are over. unfortunately though plenty of rags will be jumping ship and wearing blue in the coming seasons pretending thyve been city forever .they can fuck right off IMO.

CityDub
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: kicking looters

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Fuck me, what's that picture all about? Poor Taggart looks totally lost!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck me, what's that picture all about? Poor Taggart looks totally lost!

He's picking out where he want's to be buired.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck me, what's that picture all about? Poor Taggart looks totally lost!

He's picking out where he want's to be buired.

I think he did that tonight with his typical German's quote lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby chef » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
gillie wrote:

trophy-less ? ???? i thought they won a disney cup already ?
ps. sorry kid's competition don't count.
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 am

I like Dunphy he says it as he sees it and like many other pundits is not afraid to voice his opinions even if they can be quite controversial at times.Loved what he said tonight and i bet United fans will not have likedit one bit, fair play to him nobody on sky etc would have the balls to do it.

No sign of it uploaded online as of yet sadly but hears a few minutes of him ripping Ronaldo apart.Enjoy

[youtube]e7paagUjLh8&feature=related[/youtube]
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum