Dunphy on RTE

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dunphy on RTE

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 am

gillie wrote:Ronan if they finnish third do they have to play qualifying rounds like the 4th placed team?.

Nope. Only 1 non-Champion from each of 10 countries goes into the qualifying rounds.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 am

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Not quite trophyless mate. They'll just pretend the League Cup is the biggest prize in world football again like they did a few years ago when that's all they won.

When winning "only the league cup" is considered a bad year for us then we can talk.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:45 am

Slim wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:Not quite trophyless mate. They'll just pretend the League Cup is the biggest prize in world football again like they did a few years ago when that's all they won.

When winning "only the league cup" is considered a bad year for us then we can talk.

Unfortunately, you are right Slim. I would've given my left leg for us to win League Cup.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I like Dunphy he says it as he sees it and like many other pundits is not afraid to voice his opinions even if they can be quite controversial at times.Loved what he said tonight and i bet U***d fans will not have likedit one bit, fair play to him nobody on sky etc would have the balls to do it.

No sign of it uploaded online as of yet sadly but hears a few minutes of him ripping Ronaldo apart.Enjoy

[youtube]e7paagUjLh8&feature=related[/youtube]

I loved that particular show myself - they went to town on him. I refuse to watch champs league on any other channel now with the half time and post match talk on RTE2. They never let me down! If even ONE of those outbursts happened on BBC or Sky, the pundit would be fired, no doubt about it.

I just wish they always had Dunphy and Giles on the RTE premiership show, but then again they seem to be a bit more relaxed on that for some reason...

I'll keep looking for that clip in the mean time.

On a side note Slim - United winning the League cup on its own this year would be like us finishing 7th and barely sneaking into the Europa League, so damn right we can snigger if it does happen, because if that happened to us, they'd be sniggering.

In fact I'm gonna enjoy sniggering in the whole build up to us taking over the world and then piss myself laughing the whole time we're on top. We owe them for YEARS of shit and I'm not waiting until we win the league to take the piss about their inevitable downfall.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Still no sign of that rant from last night, but here's how dunphy feels about the BBC pundits - I believe he calls them "clowns":

[youtube]4umJSzq9OVs&feature=related[/youtube]
Original Dub

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:00 pm

For anyone interested the link below has his latest rant.
Its the full coverage of the game so to be precise its 2hrs 39mins and 25secs into the video when Dunphy speaks about it.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1070290
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Green & Blue wrote:For anyone interested the link below has his latest rant.
Its the full coverage of the game so to be precise its 2hrs 39mins and 25secs into the video when Dunphy speaks about it.

Won't play mate, get an error message saying the clip has either expired, been removed or restricted to another territory. Shame, I would've enjoyed listening to it
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:For anyone interested the link below has his latest rant.

Won't play mate, get an error message saying the clip has either expired, been removed or restricted to another territory. Shame, I would've enjoyed listening to it

I checked the link and its working for me.Sorry about that i presume its restricted to ireland only or certain areas.
Last edited by Green & Blue on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dikdik » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Wonderful! An Irish Brian Clough. Just tells it at he sees it.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:33 pm

dikdik wrote:Wonderful! An Irish Brian Clough. Just tells it at he sees it.

Everytime mate, I look forward to him at half time nealry as much as the match!

All part of the champs league experience.
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Just gave it a watch, brilliant 'its over for them the fat lady has sung' haha.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gaudy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:
dikdik wrote:Wonderful! An Irish Brian Clough. Just tells it at he sees it.

Everytime mate, I look forward to him at half time nealry as much as the match!

All part of the champs league experience.

love dunphy hes priceless,giles and himself say it how it is and then ya got bill o herlihy stirring the two boys up!

love this clip of them from italia 90.........alf has been deferred,home and away has been deferred were on for the night!and what a hat!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=izpAVt_qIUI
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 am

ah well guess nobody who can watch it here knows how to rip it and upload the clip to youtube?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:33 am

Vhero wrote:ah well guess nobody who can watch it here knows how to rip it and upload the clip to youtube?

Sorry mate, I don't have a clue how to do that shit...
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:43 am

Maybe Mr Dunphy should have told it "as it was" when he was a witness in court for Roy Kunt.
If he had told it "as it was" on that occasion then the thug who did Haarland would have got what he deserved and Haarland his just compensation.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:23 am

john68 wrote:Maybe Mr Dunphy should have told it "as it was" when he was a witness in court for Roy Kunt.
If he had told it "as it was" on that occasion then the thug who did Haarland would have got what he deserved and Haarland his just compensation.

I know he loves Keane mate, but I love his punditry, plain and simples!
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:29 am

Mr Dunphy went into court and stated that Roy Kunt's admission that he had waited for 2 years for the opportunity to get Haarland, was in fact not an admission by Roy Kunt but had been made up by Mr Dunphy, who ghost wrote the book.

It was a disgusting pervertion of justice in a court of law and effectively ensured that neither City nor Haarland could begin effective legal proceedings againt Roy Kunt.

It, and he disgusted me at the time and still does.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby gaudy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:32 am

Vhero wrote:ah well guess nobody who can watch it here knows how to rip it and upload the clip to youtube?

did mine not open?im sure its very easy to do but have never been bothered to check it out!
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:17 pm

john68 wrote:Mr Dunphy went into court and stated that Roy Kunt's admission that he had waited for 2 years for the opportunity to get Haarland, was in fact not an admission by Roy Kunt but had been made up by Mr Dunphy, who ghost wrote the book.

It was a disgusting pervertion of justice in a court of law and effectively ensured that neither City nor Haarland could begin effective legal proceedings againt Roy Kunt.

It, and he disgusted me at the time and still does.

This country hated Dunphy for bigger reasons than that chief and most still have a love hate feeling towards him, but the fact remains that RTE punditry shits all over every other punditry I've seen because the lads speak there mind, passionately and without sugarcoating anything.

Everyone can reserve the right to hate someone and therefore boycott their shows, but I'd be missing out big time if I switched over to Sky or UTV etc.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:50 pm

gaudy wrote:

did mine not open?im sure its very easy to do but have never been bothered to check it out!

Have to live in Ireland to watch it me thinks.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum