semi & final of the CL..prize money

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

semi & final of the CL..prize money

Postby blue wine » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 am

i'm sorry for making another thread about the rags, but I was just wondering how much money the rags are losing out to because of raffael?

does anyone know how much you get wen you get to the semis and to the final?
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: semi & final of the CL..prize money

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 am

Lazy git!

Prize money

UEFA awards €3 million to each team that qualifies for the UEFA Champions League, plus €2.4 million for participating in the Group stage. A win in the campaign is worth €600,000 and a draw is worth €300,000.

In addition, UEFA pays each quarter finalist €2.5 million, €3 million for each semi-finalist, €4 million for the runners-up and €7 million for the winners.[4]

A large part of the distributed revenue from the UEFA Champions League is linked to the "market pool", the distribution of which is determined by the value of the television market in each country. For the 2008-09 season, both Manchester United and Bayern Munich, who reached the final and quarter-final respectively, earned more than Barcelona, who won the tournament.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blue wine » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:26 am

just found that aswell.. :-)

but it must be more!?

I think the rags will lose about 15mil.£ all in all (tickets, tv, food, etc..)

tick tock
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:26 am

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/dow ... wnload.pdf

Page 6 of this document. Prize money is quite small in relative terms. It's the TV revenue that gives teams alot more money.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/download/publications/uefa/uefamedia/83/97/47/839747_download.pdf

Page 6 of this document. Prize money is quite small in relative terms. It's the TV revenue that gives teams alot more money.

Every little helps to down the Evil Empire. Carry on ´the agents Glazer´.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am

You have to add in the publicity they get from the semi and final appearances that enhance their brand image. That has to be worth several million globally. The loss of new global supporters that jump on the bandwagon will be a substantial revenue loss to them also.
All good news for us.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:52 am

john68 wrote:You have to add in the publicity they get from the semi and final appearances that enhance their brand image. That has to be worth several million globally. The loss of new global supporters that jump on the bandwagon will be a substantial revenue loss to them also.
All good news for us.

Although that's a good assessment, you have to remember a lot of countries outside Europe only screen English, Italian and Spanish football, alongside the Champions' League and leagues with players from their nation. The band-wagonners will only go to these leagues, so I don't think the loss is particularly massive.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm

A few years ago, the rags used to claim that they were 10,000 oversubscribed for each home game. This season they have had difficulty filling the ground for many games. Though that won't directly affect them greatly, as the oversubscribers weren't paying for tickets, it shows (for whatever reason) that they are not regenerating new fans at the rate they seem to be losing them.
Globally, their marketting rakes in millions for their coffer through their shops and the internet. If they are seen to fail and foreign fans begin to adopt other clubs, it will massively affect their earnings in the future...not just this season or next.
If the conveyor belt that has delivered new fans to them globally breaks down, they are in trouble.

That is why I am so pleased about all the future marketting talk coming out of CoMS. The expansion of the ground, ticketting strategies and our future success on the field will help us catch the rags up. I think they could fade quickly as I believe that the bandwaggoners they have relied on will prove to very fickle indeed.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:49 pm

I WOULD THINK THAT IF THEY GOT AND WON THE CHAMPS LEAGUE, IT WOULD BE ABOUT 10 MIL, THEN THE SEMI FINAL AT THE SWAMP WOULD BE ABOUT 2-3 MILL GATE MONEY AND THEN 1 MILL FOR THE TOURIST TO GET THERE BAG OF GOODIES, SO NOT A BAD NIGHT AS THEY WILL LOSE ABOUT 14-15 MILL HA HA HA HA
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Return to The Maine Football forum