Gago

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Gago

Postby Wooders » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Having not been sure about him at the time, I've watched some of his performances since Jan and I reckon we really missed out there, all the weeknesses in his game he seems to be addressing amd he would have slotted right in here, hope we do go for him again in the Summer but we may have pissed on our chips
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Gago

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Wooders wrote:Having not been sure about him at the time, I've watched some of his performances since Jan and I reckon we really missed out there, all the weeknesses in his game he seems to be addressing amd he would have slotted right in here, hope we do go for him again in the Summer but we may have pissed on our chips

Have you more info Wooders please....I don't know a great deal about him...ta.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Wooders » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:15 pm

are you being sarky John?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Wooders wrote:are you being sarky John?

No mate...When I was a kid, I followed everything football and knew everyone and how they played. Now I mainly concentrate on City, so my in depth knowledge of some continental big names can be minimal.
I use this forum to update my knowledge.
Quite genuine mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:25 pm

I still think he is extremely average
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Wooders » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:20 pm

john68 wrote:

No mate...When I was a kid, I followed everything football and knew everyone and how they played. Now I mainly concentrate on City, so my in depth knowledge of some continental big names can be minimal.
Quite genuine mate.

Sorry boss ! I thought you may have been taking the mick - but I'm not that sensitive really.. honest

Well, we were linked with him in the january window, he is a argentinian central/defensive minded midfielder who plays for real madrid.
A lot of people bemoaned that he appears lazy and doesn't track back enough for a central defensive midfielder, which was fair enough to be honest, but I have watched a few Real Madrid games lately and he has been getting starts, I've quite enjoyed what I have seen to be honest, and he would slot right into mancini's system - I dare say we missed out by not signing him in time
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lee_Kinda » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:I still think he is extremely average

Agreed.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:13 pm

john68 wrote:

Quite genuine mate.

Have you seen that kid at Barca, Messi, he not to bad John, a bit week on his right but could make our bench??!! :-)
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:39 am

Cheers Wooders, Appreciate that Mate. As I have got older, my focus on City has increased and my interest in the wider game has diminished....Until someone flags a player up like you did. Cheers.
...and me? sarky? perish the very thought...:-)

Don't like the sound of him Sis. Sounds dodgy with a name like that..."MESSY"...Next you'll be telling me he nailed the rags in the last CL Final.
john68

Postby Martinez » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:I still think he is extremely average

Agreed.

I haven't watched Real very recently but I haven't really been impressed either, would prefer one of the Diarra's if you'd asked me in january. Still young though, so there is room for improvement, I guess he will get a baptism of fire on saturday evening, let's see after that
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:08 am

on recent performances he has been gettin in ahead of, and out performing, lassana "lass" diarra

I think we missed the boat and will regret it
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Martinez » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 am

Wooders wrote:on recent performances he has been gettin in ahead of, and out performing, lassana "lass" diarra

I think we missed the boat and will regret it

Ok, I thought Lass was injured, I know Mahammadou Diarra is back after a long lay off and rarely gets a sniff. They certainly have enough DMs, don't they? I will study Gago extra closely on saturday. I think this ship has sailed as you say, they demanded about 20m for him in Jan, so I guess we would have to make quite an offer in the summer for Real to part with him now if he's their first choice in that position
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Return to The Maine Football forum