Training Thursday 8/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Training Thursday 8/4

Postby play like we dream » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Any word on Lescott? That central pairing with VK was looking so promising. Do you think Toure is secure enough? Bham are fast down the flanks and could turn heavy right or left backs. Still, our lightning return play through AJ and CB should be enough to keep them worried.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby sweenyuk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Eh Doug, do you know if the lads still get together the night before the game like they did when Mancio came in?

I think they do but I am not 100% sure

At the fans forum Tevez complained that he drives his car down the tunnel so does not see fans, this would make me think they come in seperatley, when Sven was there they were bussed to a hotel in Manchester the night before and came in together on the team coach.
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:25 pm

A few pic's from today i found

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:26 pm

I remember Bingo's thread where we hoped that Mancini was just sorting the defence first, then would move onto attack. This latest report seems to point to that too, encouraging stuff. Cheers Doug.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gaudy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:31 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Lets see what we can do against Birmingham before we carried away.

But basically i would agree that attacking the rags will pay off. In fact i have noticed that they really panic when someone runs straight at the heart of the defence, as opposed to going wide for a ball into the box, which they seem much more comfortable dealing with. Perhaps unfortunately i have suffered watching more of their games than i usually would, but im serious they have a big weakness and it is players running straight out of midfield straight at them.

agree with you there bbs on the straight run at the defence,and we have the quality to do that with ade and carlos.
the thing with the rags i find is that so so many teams give them too much respect and and they seem to have this fear mentality over other players/teams,when put up to them they do buckle and i think thats what we,ll do(hopefully)and come out all guns blazing coz we have the players to do that.
i dont think these players will forget the league cup against them or the derby in which we were robbed!
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Lee_R » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Mancini and Sven... dream team!
Lee_R

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Lee_R wrote:Mancini and Sven... dream team!

Ladies better watch out when these guys go out to hunt some ladies. ;o)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:40 pm

I bet they do High-Fives!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Lee_R » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I bet they do High-Fives!

lol

RM: Did you see that?..
Sven: Yes!.. you're so good.
RM: ..no you're so good..
Sven: ..I know.. you too.
RM: *High 5*
Sven: Lets go out on the pull young Roberto.. you're so good looking.
Lee_R

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Thai » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:22 am

You're a top guy Doug and as always a great report.
A friend of mine, who is wheelchair bound, would like to go to some of the training sessions - do you forsee a problem?
Also how does he find out the days and times of training?
Thanks again Doug.
A Blue Forever
Thai
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby dazby » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:58 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:excellent and interesting report again Doug..

seems a shift to training for attack is well and truly in place nowadays.

Would be great to read your thoughts on the evolution of the training sessions under Mancini.. towards or at the end of the season.

There is definitely more emphasis on attacking play now in the sessions they have which, as you suggest and many have said, sounds about right after the initial focus on the defence which was clearly the priority.It isn't all attacking play though as virtually every day they still spend a little time on the formation/shape aspects of the play which is really about about when we haven't got the ball.But less and less on pure defensive issues like the zonal defensive positions from corners.Today in fact they spent a little time specifically on positions for our corners which they havent done much on before.

Two other things which have evolved a bit are the timing of the sessions and the preparation/organisation for them. The sessions are not always at the same time but it seems to be they are a little more settled and the timings not left until the last minute as on occasion I think they had been. The preparation also seems better,more organised with more attention to detail. Maybe only little things but often those little details matter.

Maybe we were all to quick to judge Mancini with his defensive set ups for the last few months..me included.

It seems he has sorted out the defense and has now let them off the leash to attack..just as long as when it comes to defending every player plays his part??? Its either that or he has realized that we were getting nowhere with the defensive line ups he kept on putting out?

Who knows......good to hear that we are now concentrating on our main strengh now..which is attack from the off.

It'll happen again and again and again and again. Good of you to be man enough to admit it though.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:08 am

I'd love Sven back at City in some sort of capacity. Director of football or in an ambassador role.
ross.mcfc

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:25 am

ross.mcfc wrote:I'd love Sven back at City in some sort of capacity. Director of football or in an ambassador role.

yeah perhaps looking afer the secretaries or tea lady
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:11 am

ross.mcfc wrote:I'd love Sven back at City in some sort of capacity. Director of football or in an ambassador role.

Agreed, never should have gotten rid in the first place and we could have skipped the clueless era.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sandman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:51 am

This is really weird, the father in law is a munich and last weekend he said "Mark my words, Eriksson will be your assistant Manager next season and Kiddo will be in charge of the reserves"

I didnt even ask where he'd heard it because I was to busy laughing him out of the room.. Probably coincidence, but weird?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:15 am

Couple of points.

Firstly it would make sense to make sure Bridge is fully recovered ready for the Scum and Arse games coming up. Hopefully we can cope with Brum´s attack using Garrido.

Secondly I wonder if the ´discussion(s)` with Bellers had any effect on our tactics? Surely there was some discussion as there´s no smoke without fire here. Obviously the press went completely OTT because Bellers has an unusually forceful and tactless way of getting his points across. But if Mancini has taken on board the thoughts of an experienced Premier pro then fair play to him, and he was exactly right to say it was just a discussion.

It´s no shame or lack of discipline to listen to advice, if it seems sensible.

Then again it could just be wholly that he started on defence, then went to ´offence`, as said by posters above.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:34 am

Thai wrote:You're a top guy Doug and as always a great report.
A friend of mine, who is wheelchair bound, would like to go to some of the training sessions - do you forsee a problem?
Thanks again Doug.

Finding out the days and times of training in advance ( certainly more than a day) is almost impossible as they are set till very late.
Wheelchair access to where I go to view the training would also be virtually impossible. It is very uneven ground and at times probably not even enough room to get a wheelchair through. But I think I have seen a wheelchair there at least once before having been given formal access through the main gate and onto the field. The problem then woule be the weather as it wouldn't be feasible if the ground conditons were soft.Worth a try contacting the club.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:41 am

Thai wrote:You're a top guy Doug and as always a great report.
Thanks again Doug.

Finding out the days and times of training in advance ( certainly more than a day) is almost impossible as they are set till very late.
Wheelchair access to where I go to view the training would also be virtually impossible. It is very uneven ground and at times probably not even enough room to get a wheelchair through. But I think I have seen a wheelchair there at least once before having been given formal access through the main gate and onto the field. The problem then woule be the weather as it wouldn't be feasible if the ground conditons were soft.Worth a try contacting the club.

I´m sure in the litigious climate of Britain 2010 the club will be loathe to give any negative response.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum