Birmingham stand in our way..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Birmingham stand in our way..

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Ok the fun is over, it has been a really terrific week for City and City fans, but now attention must be turned to Birmingham.
This is a must win game. Arsenal may be out of sorts and Spurs may have a chance to take advantage of that. We simply have to stay ahead. Home turf, home crowd but very difficult and organised opposition in Birmingham. Their biggest defeat this season was away to Chelsea 3-0.
We know we have the talent to take them apart and at this stage there are no excuses for City not to come out fast and take the game. There are many many City fans that are very used to getting burnt, but that is something of the past and in our minds needs consigning to the past. We want to believe that City are going to go at this in the way that they did last time out, personally i am sure they will. Birmingham are no Burnley, but equally they are no Chelsea or Arsenal. On paper we would be expected to take this tie, perhaps after a bit of a battle with our quality of strike force showing through in the end.. but i get the sense that this game is all about performance for the fans, we want to see the team take advantage of the tonic they got last week and show a convincing quality that can give us confidence to take into the next 4 games.
There is good reason that City will be full of confidence and every reason they will not be complacent.

Can we get the momentum going ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Birmingham stand in our way..

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Brum are a very organised side, however I don't think they are looking forward to coming to our place. They seem to be going backwards a little lately and the last time they won was at Pompey early last month. Combined with the fact that they haven't won at ours for a very long time, I can't see them holding out to our attack especially whilst missing their lynch-pin Joe Hart.

I'm feeling confident going into this one, especially when you look at both of our forms. Due to the slip-up against Everton, I can't see anyone of those players wanting another and will pull out all the stops to make sure it doesn't happen again. Well, they better anyway!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:23 pm

I sincerely hope the players attention has been on Brum since Monday morning.

Another huge game, and a win in this one would put us 4 clear of Spurs and for the first time in a long time, heap some pressure on them as we have seemingly been play catch-up for the past 6 weeks. Time to serve the ball back to them and see how they deal with it. Come on City.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazlebluefrog » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:15 pm

before the start of the season i predicted our biggest home win would be against the brummies ,why change my mind another 6 goal feast at coms come sunday we are no longer gonna be "typical city"that is the attitude we need to take ,no more "typical city "
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby CityGer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:54 pm

I think we'll tear them apart. Yes they are orgaised and discplined but, when on song, ours is the Best attack in the league.

COMS will Be buzzing, the players know that we are at the business end of the season and we have an attack that is on fire. We will deal with them clinically and in a fairly straight forward manner, I reckon.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:50 pm

We should come out with all guns blazing straight from the kick-off. They can't deal with our attack for 90mins.

And if we fail to break them we just need to be patient and play our own game. Jsut like arse did last weekend.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm

We're scoring an average of 2 per game whilst Brum have an average of just over 1. The thing is now though, that they haven't come up against a team who are scoring for fun; 9 in 2.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby colonel_muck » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 pm

its hard to point out where its all gone so right for brum this season, but no joe hart will be a big loss not saying he's the life and soul of the team but he is a big player for them. one thing i will guarantee though is that we need to be 2-0 by the time kevin philips comes on. the ball seems to fall to that lad whenever there is tension at the moment.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby 9secondlegend » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:53 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Ok the fun is over, it has been a really terrific week for City and City fans, but now attention must be turned to Birmingham.
This is a must win game. Arsenal may be out of sorts and Spurs may have a chance to take advantage of that. We simply have to stay ahead. Home turf, home crowd but very difficult and organised opposition in Birmingham. Their biggest defeat this season was away to Chelsea 3-0.
We know we have the talent to take them apart and at this stage there are no excuses for City not to come out fast and take the game. There are many many City fans that are very used to getting burnt, but that is something of the past and in our minds needs consigning to the past. We want to believe that City are going to go at this in the way that they did last time out, personally i am sure they will. Birmingham are no Burnley, but equally they are no Chelsea or Arsenal. On paper we would be expected to take this tie, perhaps after a bit of a battle with our quality of strike force showing through in the end.. but i get the sense that this game is all about performance for the fans, we want to see the team take advantage of the tonic they got last week and show a convincing quality that can give us confidence to take into the next 4 games.
There is good reason that City will be full of confidence and every reason they will not be complacent.

so i cant have fun anymore?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:23 am

9secondlegend wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:Ok the fun is over, it has been a really terrific week for City and City fans, but now attention must be turned to Birmingham.

so i cant have fun anymore?

not even 9 secs worth..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby cdncityfan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Without Joe Hart and with little to play for away at COMS, I don't see Birmingham City getting anything out of this game. Ever since they hit the magic 40 points mark, Birmingham have not counter attacked with the same intensity and you get the feeling they have taken their foot off the gas, so to speak. I believe we will win, but not by a large margin. 2-0 probably, Tevez both.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:29 pm

it seems to me that non of us watching City can yet say with certainty how this team will start. But given that we dont have other distractions that might allow an excuse for a slow start.. im thinking that we will start with the same amount of venom as we did at Turf Moor, however it is very unlikely to have the same effect against a well drilled Birmingham.
That said im thinking that with an Ade looking like he is getting up to speed and Tevez being a Tevez, it wont be long before we get a breakthrough, and after that it is going only one way.

i rekon we will tonk them by the end of it. 3 or 4 flying in.

The rain last week probably did us a favour in the end, cos if we had won 10-1 we might be a bit too high off it. as it is there is probably a bit of frustration in the minds of the strikers etc.. AJ for instance
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Grob » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Send the team out with the intention of winning and we will win. So no De Jong from the off please.

Same team as Burnley but with a switch at left back to bring back Garrido or dare I say it, Bridge?
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Vhero » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Not dissing Taylor here but our Joe has been one of the reasons they have been doing so well this season and they are gonna miss him tomorrow like in the previous match.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum