Olic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Olic

Postby HeyMark » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Wasn't Robinho a big name from the Spanish league? What makes YOU think that other big names from that league would cut it when he was clearly shit?

Try adding your own opinion for once instead of following me around and criticising mine every minute. Your obsession is becoming embarrassing.

So you mention one fucking player flop that we got from the spanish league and that justifies your stance on only getting proven players from the prem??

Here are a few that havent done badly in our league.

Spaniards in the Premiership

Xabi Alonso (22), midfielder
Team: Liverpool
Origin: Real Sociedad (2004)
League record 2004/05: 12 - 2
Oscillates in form but Gerrard's injury gave him more playing time. Scored in the famous win over Arsenal on November 28th.

Iván Campo (30), stopper
Team: Bolton
Origin: Real Madrid (2002)
League record 2004/05: 12 - 0
A regular at Bolton. One of the more prominent Spaniards in England. Had his career revived in England after two low-key seasons at Real.

Fabrigas.
Team: Arsenal
Origin: Barcelona (2003)
League record 2004/05: 13 - 1
An amazing talent. Having debuted last season in the FA Cup at 16, has slipped into the first Gunners' team with incredible ease. A player of the future if there was ever any.

Luis García (26), midfielder
Origin: Barcelona (2004)
League record 2004/05: 11 - 3
A surprise for the Premiership onlookers, but not for fellow countryman Rafael Benitez, who convinced Liverpool to pay Barca 9 million euros for his services.

Josemi (24), defender
Adapted quickly and had a tremendous start at Anfield.

Antonio Nunez (25), midfielder
Former Real Madrid reserve, a proof of the Spanish League's amazing depth.

Gerard Pique (17), midfielder
Team: Manchester Utd.
Another youth player seized from Barcelona, like Cesc. Already made his debut in the Carling Cup.

Jose Reyes (21), forward
Team: Arsenal
A match winner with traits of a genius.

These are just the SPANISH players from that league..

Your embarrasing...clueless to boot...and how many of your shite posts have I commented on or replied to??? I can probably count them on one hand you delusional cunt.

Names that would cut it are.

Aguero

Villa

Dani Guiza

Bojan Krcik

I'll give you Fabregas and Alonso, Pique is good now but couldnt get ahead of johnny fuckin evans in the rags pecking order and the rest were fucking gash, reyes and garcia had one good game in ten at best! Danny guiza was a one season wonder, nothing more! The other 3 would do well though
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:26 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Good, but not really an improvement on what we have.

I'd much rather we get a striker who's proven Prem. Our best few forwards in the past few season have all had Prem experience.

who's proven in Prem and available though? Torres maybe, but I think he'll leave England next. Spaniards are always close to going back and I'm sure Barcelona would be interested. Drogba? He is in twilight of his career and would be answer for maybe one or two seasons. Rooney? Wash your mouth. Defoe? Speed merchant who I feel lacks the talent in front of goal to be main striker in really top team.

Who else? Other than that all the strikers in Premier League either simply don't have the talent or have glaring flaws in their game.

Whoever we go for needs to be improvement on Ade, which means they'd have to be close to world class.

Mind you, Olic is not the answer.

If you look at strikers we've bought/ loaned since Sven:

Prem Proven:
Tevez
Bellamy
Ade
Santa Cruz
Benji

Non Prem Proven:
Boj
Bianchi
Robinho
Jo
Caciedo
Castillo (remember him?)

I think it's pretty obvious that we need strikers who are proven here, not because all the ones we've bought with experience have been great, but because ALL the ones we've brought in without it have been gash.

I'm surprised with the pace this need for a new striker has picked up. We've yet to see the best out of Ade and a big name coming in might see the back of him.

I just think it's important to get the right man, and to do that only the top players will do. Torres should be number one out and out target imo. Players like Balotelli & Olic just won't cut it.

Caicedo did well for 19/20 year old last season. The team looked much better towards the end of the season when he was a regular.

Spanish football is not for him, he should have gone on loan to a premier league club and im up for sending him to one for next season.

The notion that only premier league experianced strikers will succeed is crap though, Torres had never played premiership football before he joined liverpool and he did quite well from the off but often its a case of letting them adapt if they dont start banging them in for fun from the get go.

We just need to spend money abroad a little wiser and on players with a bit of pace and determination, key traits in the modern english game.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Grob wrote:Caicedo did well for 19/20 year old last season. The team looked much better towards the end of the season when he was a regular.

Spanish football is not for him, he should have gone on loan to a premier league club and im up for sending him to one for next season.

The notion that only premier league experianced strikers will succeed is crap though, Torres had never played premiership football before he joined liverpool and he did quite well from the off but often its a case of letting them adapt if they dont start banging them in for fun from the get go.

We just need to spend money abroad a little wiser and on players with a bit of pace and determination, key traits in the modern english game.

To be fair to Caicedo, he scored yesterday. I was flicking between games and happened to catch him bag a goal. Proper Caicedo goal as well with him kicking everything that moves and ball kind of bouncing in the net.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Grob wrote:Caicedo did well for 19/20 year old last season. The team looked much better towards the end of the season when he was a regular.

To be fair to Caicedo, he scored yesterday. I was flicking between games and happened to catch him bag a goal. Proper Caicedo goal as well with him kicking everything that moves and ball kind of bouncing in the net.

I like that approach Niall because it is effective in the English style of football and its a little different to what we have currently. Plus he's got a hammer of a left foot. Having different styles of attacker always appeals to me.

I'd like to see Caicedo back here next season anyway, maybe at the expense of selling Santa.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum