Olic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Olic

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Should have got him last summer. The guy's crazy and perfect for the premier league. Hard as nails this one.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Good, but not really an improvement on what we have.

I'd much rather we get a striker who's proven Prem. Our best few forwards in the past few season have all had Prem experience.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Don't see Olic as improving our 1st team to be honest.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:21 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Good, but not really an improvement on what we have.

I'd much rather we get a striker who's proven Prem. Our best few forwards in the past few season have all had Prem experience.

who's proven in Prem and available though? Torres maybe, but I think he'll leave England next. Spaniards are always close to going back and I'm sure Barcelona would be interested. Drogba? He is in twilight of his career and would be answer for maybe one or two seasons. Rooney? Wash your mouth. Defoe? Speed merchant who I feel lacks the talent in front of goal to be main striker in really top team.

Who else? Other than that all the strikers in Premier League either simply don't have the talent or have glaring flaws in their game.

Whoever we go for needs to be improvement on Ade, which means they'd have to be close to world class.

Mind you, Olic is not the answer.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Grob » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:42 am

Olic is good, workmanlike. Similar to Craig and Carlos in workrate and stature.

After 3 or 4 viewings of him, I think that Carlos is much better than he will ever be and Craig is a better option also.

So no thanks.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 am

He's 30 years old. We'd only sign him as a squad player on a free.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:26 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

who's proven in Prem and available though? Torres maybe, but I think he'll leave England next. Spaniards are always close to going back and I'm sure Barcelona would be interested. Drogba? He is in twilight of his career and would be answer for maybe one or two seasons. Rooney? Wash your mouth. Defoe? Speed merchant who I feel lacks the talent in front of goal to be main striker in really top team.

Who else? Other than that all the strikers in Premier League either simply don't have the talent or have glaring flaws in their game.

Whoever we go for needs to be improvement on Ade, which means they'd have to be close to world class.

If you look at strikers we've bought/ loaned since Sven:

Prem Proven:
Tevez
Bellamy
Ade
Santa Cruz
Benji

Non Prem Proven:
Boj
Bianchi
Robinho
Jo
Caciedo
Castillo (remember him?)

I think it's pretty obvious that we need strikers who are proven here, not because all the ones we've bought with experience have been great, but because ALL the ones we've brought in without it have been gash.

I'm surprised with the pace this need for a new striker has picked up. We've yet to see the best out of Ade and a big name coming in might see the back of him.

I just think it's important to get the right man, and to do that only the top players will do. Torres should be number one out and out target imo. Players like Balotelli & Olic just won't cut it.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dikdik » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:04 am

Olic no thanks
Torres + First Aid kit for me thankyou.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:31 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

If you look at strikers we've bought/ loaned since Sven:

Prem Proven:
Tevez
Bellamy
Ade
Santa Cruz
Benji

Non Prem Proven:
Boj
Bianchi
Robinho
Jo
Caciedo
Castillo (remember him?)

I think it's pretty obvious that we need strikers who are proven here, not because all the ones we've bought with experience have been great, but because ALL the ones we've brought in without it have been gash.

I'm surprised with the pace this need for a new striker has picked up. We've yet to see the best out of Ade and a big name coming in might see the back of him.

I just think it's important to get the right man, and to do that only the top players will do. Torres should be number one out and out target imo. Players like Balotelli & Olic just won't cut it.

So based on that we only go for premiership forwards???

What a crock.....IMO we should be looking at the spanish league for the villas or agueros of the world. We will not get anywhere near Torres imo (The dippers will get investors from somewhere this summer...something will happen there Im sure, so I cannot for the life of me see Torres going anywhere)and who else is worth going for here in the prem???? Noone that,s worth it and the ones that are worth it the clubs in the top 4 wont release them to us.

Just because we have signed shit in the past from oversees doesnt mean we should only look in our own league...and you reckon Balotelli wont cut it here???!!!! on what basis makes you think that ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Wasn't Robinho a big name from the Spanish league? What makes YOU think that other big names from that league would cut it when he was clearly shit?

Try adding your own opinion for once instead of following me around and criticising mine every minute. Your obsession is becoming embarrassing.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:06 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Wasn't Robinho a big name from the Spanish league? What makes YOU think that other big names from that league would cut it when he was clearly shit?

Try adding your own opinion for once instead of following me around and criticising mine every minute. Your obsession is becoming embarrassing.

So you mention one fucking player flop that we got from the spanish league and that justifies your stance on only getting proven players from the prem??

Here are a few that havent done badly in our league.

Spaniards in the Premiership

Xabi Alonso (22), midfielder
Team: Liverpool
Origin: Real Sociedad (2004)
League record 2004/05: 12 - 2
Oscillates in form but Gerrard's injury gave him more playing time. Scored in the famous win over Arsenal on November 28th.

Iván Campo (30), stopper
Team: Bolton
Origin: Real Madrid (2002)
League record 2004/05: 12 - 0
A regular at Bolton. One of the more prominent Spaniards in England. Had his career revived in England after two low-key seasons at Real.

Fabrigas.
Team: Arsenal
Origin: Barcelona (2003)
League record 2004/05: 13 - 1
An amazing talent. Having debuted last season in the FA Cup at 16, has slipped into the first Gunners' team with incredible ease. A player of the future if there was ever any.

Luis García (26), midfielder
Origin: Barcelona (2004)
League record 2004/05: 11 - 3
A surprise for the Premiership onlookers, but not for fellow countryman Rafael Benitez, who convinced Liverpool to pay Barca 9 million euros for his services.

Josemi (24), defender
Adapted quickly and had a tremendous start at Anfield.

Antonio Nunez (25), midfielder
Former Real Madrid reserve, a proof of the Spanish League's amazing depth.

Gerard Pique (17), midfielder
Team: Manchester Utd.
Another youth player seized from Barcelona, like Cesc. Already made his debut in the Carling Cup.

Jose Reyes (21), forward
A match winner with traits of a genius.

These are just the SPANISH players from that league..

Your embarrasing...clueless to boot...and how many of your shite posts have I commented on or replied to??? I can probably count them on one hand you delusional cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Wasn't Robinho a big name from the Spanish league? What makes YOU think that other big names from that league would cut it when he was clearly shit?

So you mention one fucking player flop that we got from the spanish league and that justifies your stance on only getting proven players from the prem??

Oscillates in form but Gerrard's injury gave him more playing time. Scored in the famous win over Arsenal on November 28th.

Iván Campo (30), stopper
A regular at Bolton. One of the more prominent Spaniards in England. Had his career revived in England after two low-key seasons at Real.

Fabrigas.
An amazing talent. Having debuted last season in the FA Cup at 16, has slipped into the first Gunners' team with incredible ease. A player of the future if there was ever any.

A surprise for the Premiership onlookers, but not for fellow countryman Rafael Benitez, who convinced Liverpool to pay Barca 9 million euros for his services.

Josemi (24), defender

Another youth player seized from Barcelona, like Cesc. Already made his debut in the Carling Cup.

Jose Reyes (21), forward

Your embarrasing...clueless to boot...and how many of your shite posts have I commented on or replied to??? I can probably count them on one hand you delusional cunt.

Names that would cut it are.

Aguero

Villa

Dani Guiza

Bojan Krcik
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Martin Petrov came to us from the Spanish league, think he has done pretty well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Slim wrote:Martin Petrov came to us from the Spanish league, think he has done pretty well.

Ive only mentioned SPANISH players that have come over and fitted in quite well....I would imagine my list of non Spanish players that have succeeded over here would be even more impressive.

Lookmum didnt really think it through before he came out with a crock of shite that was unfounded and totaly incorrect.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:27 pm

I think Villa would score in a nunnery, but isn't Aguero like 3 feet tall? I can't imagine Haangeland or Terry having a tough afternoon at the office chucking him to the floor over and over. Bojan is one of those ones you know is just primed to explode as soon as Barca give him a regular run out. Isn't Guiza a bit past it now? Seems like he has been around forever and Mallorca fucked him off to Galatassaray a couple of years back I think.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluej » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Iván Campo (30), stopper

Fabrigas.

Josemi (24), defender

Jose Reyes (21), forward

Apart from Reyes (who is back in Spain...) none of those are stikers though. And Josemi was an absolute bag of shit. Garcia is also back in Spain (I think) and I genuinely don't know who Nunez is.

I would like to see us go for Aguero etc but only if we couldn't sign Torres.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Slim wrote:I think Villa would score in a nunnery, but isn't Aguero like 3 feet tall? I can't imagine Haangeland or Terry having a tough afternoon at the office chucking him to the floor over and over. Bojan is one of those ones you know is just primed to explode as soon as Barca give him a regular run out. Isn't Guiza a bit past it now? Seems like he has been around forever and Mallorca fucked him off to Galatassaray a couple of years back I think.

Messi is a midget as well mate.

Bojan I would have tomorrow and the same applies to Aguero and villa....all 3 would take the prem by storm IMO.

Right Im off to the GYM to get rid of some fucking frustration.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Olic did well for Hamburg against City but at 30 he's too old, one bad injury and he'd be done.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Olic is an average talent with the workrate of Tevez & Bellamy combined. Good squad player, but I can't see this happening at all.

Guiza is an average player from the Turkish League. I'd have the other three mentioned above.

Robinho had a pretty good first season if I remember correctly. Saying he was 'clearly shit' is way ott.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:Olic is an average talent with the workrate of Tevez & Bellamy combined. Good squad player, but I can't see this happening at all.

Guiza is an average player from the Turkish League. I'd have the other three mentioned above.

Robinho had a pretty good first season if I remember correctly. Saying he was 'clearly shit' is way ott.

I dont think he,s shit at all , I actually think he,s very very talented..his attitude is shit mate..thats what irks me about him.
He goes on and on and on about how much he wants to stay at Santos and slags off the european way of managing??????

Is that what we want back at COMS?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum