Martinez Charged

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Martinez Charged

Postby sandman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 am

sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Re: Martinez Charged

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 am

A bit harsh IMO. Would have never happened to baconface.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby sandman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:33 am

Totally agree, Managers cant complain about poor officials because they will be charged yet the state of refereeing is deteriorating to a disgusting level.

In this case I thought it should have been a red, the studs were showing and it could have been nasty.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:39 am

To be honest when it happened in real time I wasn't sure if it was Tevez or the defender that was getting the punishment... Tevez was certainly reaching cracking point and he jumped into that tackle.

In slow mo, I think it was a yellow.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:To be honest when it happened in real time I wasn't sure if it was Tevez or the defender that was getting the punishment... Tevez was certainly reaching cracking point and he jumped into that tackle.

In slow mo, I think it was a yellow.

You get some and you don't get some. If the Lad went in both footed or with his studs up then it should be a Red. I saw the replay and felt it was just down to the tolerance of the Referee. Some give some don't.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Maybe before they think about laying charges, they should look at the incident and see if the ref was, in fact, wrong. If they were I can't see the problem with a manager saying they were.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Slim wrote:Maybe before they think about laying charges, they should look at the incident and see if the ref was, in fact, wrong. If they were I can't see the problem with a manager saying they were.

In principle I think everyone would agree with that, but there is a fine line in saying straight out that the referee got it wrong, which most losing managers do week in week out, and Martinez saying that the referee is "a liar", and casting doubt onto his integrity.

On the flip side of that though, look at Fergie in midweek suggesting that the referee was unduly influenced by the Bayern players reaction, which I feel is just as much casting doubt on the ability of the referee to make his own decisions, yet nothing will be done about it.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Return to The Maine Football forum