vermin/uefa cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

vermin/uefa cup

Postby paulh » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 am

lads may have already been done but its doing my head in. if we finish fourth and they win uefa do we both go in champions league?

cheers
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Re: vermin/uefa cup

Postby Vhero » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am

No I'm pretty sure they just get in the Euorpa for definite next season. I don't think it nets you a champions league spot.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am

paulh wrote:lads may have already been done but its doing my head in. if we finish fourth and they win uefa do we both go in champions league?

cheers

NO.

We go into the champs,they play Europa.

Hope this helps.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby john@staustell » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:10 pm

paulh wrote:lads may have already been done but its doing my head in. if we finish fourth and they win uefa do we both go in champions league?

cheers

Rest your head in peace. As LAHAD says WAFFA rules say the winners go into next year´s WAFFA league.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Vhero wrote:No I'm pretty sure they just get in the Euorpa for definite next season. I don't think it nets you a champions league spot.

Watch them try and sneak in to the Champions League by the back door. There was no obligation to let them defend their trophy when they won it yet finished 5th in the Premiership - but they got back in.

I imagine they'll be less succesful next season but watch their lot whinge and whine to play Champions League again.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 pm

btajim wrote:
Vhero wrote:No I'm pretty sure they just get in the Euorpa for definite next season. I don't think it nets you a champions league spot.

Watch them try and sneak in to the Champions League by the back door. There was no obligation to let them defend their trophy when they won it yet finished 5th in the Premiership - but they got back in.

I imagine they'll be less succesful next season but watch their lot whinge and whine to play Champions League again.

Jim they can whinge as much as they want mate if they dont finnish 4th they wont be in Champs League and you can tell them its a Fact.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 pm

gillie wrote:Jim they can whinge as much as they want mate if they dont finnish 4th they wont be in Champs League and you can tell them its a Fact.

But they didn't finish 4th when they entered the season after they won it. They finished 5th. Scousers blag, Mate. You know what they're like.

I imagine you're right - but watch them try and do whatever it takes to give Torres Champions League Football next season.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:05 pm

FFS im sick of seeing this question on the forum. Stop worrying about Liverpool the only way thay will get Champions League is if they finnish 4th.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:08 pm

btajim wrote:
gillie wrote:Jim they can whinge as much as they want mate if they dont finnish 4th they wont be in Champs League and you can tell them its a Fact.

But they didn't finish 4th when they entered the season after they won it. They finished 5th. Scousers blag, Mate. You know what they're like.

I imagine you're right - but watch them try and do whatever it takes to give Torres Champions League Football next season.

Jim the precedent that was set then was"if a team won the CL but finnished outside the qualifying places for the next seasons comp then the lowest qualifying team would revert to the UEFA CUP as it was then".This meant holders got automatic qualification but 4th place in the league missed out.Hope that makes it clearer mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby chef » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:27 pm

gillie wrote:
btajim wrote:

Jim they can whinge as much as they want mate if they dont finnish 4th they wont be in Champs League and you can tell them its a Fact.

correct - fulham cannot jeopordise the new hierocroscy ..(apologies for spelling) is it thullam ?
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum