derby advertising campaign..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

derby advertising campaign..

Postby city9_4eva » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Just wondering what the marketing campaign is gona be for the derby nxt week, so far when we play the so called 'top 4' teams this yr, weve had special advertsing campaigns, for example we used bellamy for the liverpool game, swp for the chelsea game, and adebayor's face on the floor of the arndale for the arsenal game. My guess is we will use something on Tevez, being the obvious choice, its only a week away, i swear for the other games the campaign started about 3 weeks prior to the game. Im excited to see whats gona be done?! anyone got any thoughts?
city9_4eva
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: derby advertising campaign..

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:25 pm

city9_4eva wrote:Just wondering what the marketing campaign is gona be for the derby nxt week, so far when we play the so called 'top 4' teams this yr, weve had special advertsing campaigns, for example we used bellamy for the liverpool game, swp for the chelsea game, and adebayor's face on the floor of the arndale for the arsenal game. My guess is we will use something on Tevez, being the obvious choice, its only a week away, i swear for the other games the campaign started about 3 weeks prior to the game. Im excited to see whats gona be done?! anyone got any thoughts?

Dont think they will do one.

It's sold out and GMP will kick off.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby stinky pete » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:32 pm

if u hate salford skiprats clap your hands!
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
city9_4eva wrote:Just wondering what the marketing campaign is gona be for the derby nxt week, so far when we play the so called 'top 4' teams this yr, weve had special advertsing campaigns, for example we used bellamy for the liverpool game, swp for the chelsea game, and adebayor's face on the floor of the arndale for the arsenal game. My guess is we will use something on Tevez, being the obvious choice, its only a week away, i swear for the other games the campaign started about 3 weeks prior to the game. Im excited to see whats gona be done?! anyone got any thoughts?

Dont think they will do one.

It's sold out and GMP will kick off.

There deffo doing one.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 pm

They don't need to hype up derby games. And we already have all the tevez merchandise In the shop and the locals and tourists t shirts.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:22 pm

i'm sure i saw a "behind the scenes" vid on the o.s about the "i give my all" one, where one of the producers said they were doing one for the derby.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:42 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:i'm sure i saw a "behind the scenes" vid on the o.s about the "i give my all" one, where one of the producers said they were doing one for the derby.

They definitely did mate and they said it was a suprise one. Has to be something to do with Tevez... strange there's no sign of it yet?
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Fuck off back to London
The City is ours

I'd pay for that.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby sweenyuk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Like many have said, it is sold out, so no need to run campaign to sell tickets, but they promised at start of season campaign for all top 4 games, so I am sure there will be one, and following the tradition so far of using an ex player it has to be a Tevez campaign, will Printworks be brave enough to show a video? and how do we get it nominated for an Oscar..???
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 pm

stinky pete wrote:if u hate salford skiprats clap your hands!

when will people learn united are NOT from salford?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm

9secondlegend wrote:

when will people learn U***d are NOT from salford?

Alot of their support lives there. Alongside Surrey and Singapore, of course.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:08 pm

btajim wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

when will people learn U***d are NOT from salford?

Alot of their support lives there. Alongside Surrey and Singapore, of course.

as do a lot of city fans. not surrey and singapore of course!
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 pm

9secondlegend wrote:as do a lot of city fans. not surrey and singapore of course!

I've always seen Salford as a U****d stronghold. North Manchester and East Manchester seemed quite City back in my day.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby kjchronic » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:23 am

btajim wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:as do a lot of city fans. not surrey and singapore of course!

I've always seen Salford as a U****d stronghold. North Manchester and East Manchester seemed quite City back in my day.

I lived in Salford for 2 years and did feel very outnumbered by red shirts some days...still way more city fans there than dwn here in Plymouth though!
kjchronic
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 am

btajim wrote:

Still the case pal.

I live in Blackley and there is shitloads of Blues about,you tend to see more cars with City stickers in etc.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:26 am

Original Dub wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:i'm sure i saw a "behind the scenes" vid on the o.s about the "i give my all" one, where one of the producers said they were doing one for the derby.

They definitely did mate and they said it was a suprise one. Has to be something to do with Tevez... strange there's no sign of it yet?

also remember this being said.
There is an element of marketing.. ie selling tickets, but that imo is not the be and end all.. it is more like using the marketing as an extension of the mind games thing.. and a lot of what City seem to do is based in that imo. So this week the press get sold the Joe Hart return to City story.. er why now exactly? that story could have come out at any point in the season or any point until the end.. it was designed to flag up that he will be missing in the Brum game with all the extra pressure that puts on Taylor and Brum.

In respect to the derby campaign, simples. We dont want anything at all taking focus away from the Birmingham encounter, so if it ( derby ads ) are all ready to go we wont hear a squeek until after Sunday.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby city9_4eva » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:25 am

Yeah good point, i just read in the sun that Mancini has banned the use of the U word untill after the brum game, so looks like everything will start.....posters etc after sunday.
city9_4eva
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby btajim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Still the case pal.

I live in Blackley and there is shitloads of Blues about,you tend to see more cars with City stickers in etc.

I was in the minority of Blues when I lived in Middleton - but almost all of us were going to Matches and were more dedicated than your average RAG. It was the same when I worked at CIS. There were 4 times more RAGs in the Department but every single Blue had a Season Ticket with almost all the RAGs only ambling to the Pub to watch their Games. I think one or two went to Matches.

I haven't yet worked with another Blue in London but there's loads of us down here.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Guy Debord » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:21 pm

I know a fella from City's design agency and there will be a campaign in the lead up to the derby and it will feature Tevez.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 pm

The publicity will start in earnest on Monday I reckon. It's not about selling tickets, it's about local, national and worldwide publicity and the added bonus of United's loss in the CL, we will be wanting to take a few of their, let's say, fair-weather followers.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum