Robinho - what next?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho - what next?

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:03 pm

I'd be surprised if Robinho stays in Brazilian league football next season. If so where does that leave him and City?

Does he come back to City to stay and compete or move to another club in Europe? If Europe which clubs would be interested? The numbers are low surely not Real and would he fit in at Barca?

If rumours are to be believed and Mancini is interested in Di Maria at Benfica then a swop deal could be on the cards.

Any thoughts?
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: Robinho - what next?

Postby Kladze » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:
Any thoughts?

Does "I couldn't care less" count as a thought ?
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Kladze wrote:
Bojinov's left foot wrote:
Any thoughts?

Does "I couldn't care less" count as a thought ?

Same ^^

I really couldn't care less where that little prick goes, after the way he has acted over the past 3 months showing so much disrespect to us i know that i don't want him playing for our club (never thought i would be saying that a few years ago). He thinks he's the best player in the world and this is not the case by any means.

And as for a swap deal with him for Di Maria goes i would take it, i don't know how much Di Maria is worth but if its less that £25mill then Robinho and cash will do nicely.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:18 pm

It counts.

Massive shame if he does not play top class league football again though. The guy can be awesome.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:It counts.

Massive shame if he does not play top class league football again though. The guy can be awesome.

When he wants to be, and that's not good enough i don't want him playing when he decides to. He should go out and play his heart out and give 100% ie Tevez, Bellers not give up when things aren't going his way.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ryanmjo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 pm

Not going to worry about it until at least 6 weeks from now.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Kladze » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:It counts.

The guy can be awesome when the ball is played directly to his feet, he doesn't need to 'sprint' more than ten yards, and nobody has the audacity to try to tackle him before he's had the ball for a full three seconds.

Yeah, awesome .......
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby walmai » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Stop deluding yourselves. He's precisely the kind of player your first season in CL requires.

And only the utterly foolish would let him deteriorate on the sidelines whilst getting someone else of the same abilities in at the same time.

He's one of the most skillful players your club has had in the last 25 years.

The difference between having a chance of progressing past Europa and getting to the knock out rounds.

Which is surely yr aspiration?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Only City could break the British Transfer Record with barely anyone gutted when that Player leaves the Club around 18 months later. I wonder what would've happened had we managed to get Berbatov that day? And how would last season's Top Scorer for City got on at Chelsea?

He can put up or shut up.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:45 pm

I hope he comes back and shows the form he did first season. If he does that I'm sure everyone sayin he is shit will change that view.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Who really gives a fuck i for one dont.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:24 pm

walmai wrote:Stop deluding yourselves. He's precisely the kind of player your first season in CL requires.

And only the utterly foolish would let him deteriorate on the sidelines whilst getting someone else of the same abilities in at the same time.

The difference between having a chance of progressing past Europa and getting to the knock out rounds.

i agree with what you wrote Walmai. One of the best posters on here and yr not even a blue. hey ho.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:25 pm

walmai wrote:Stop deluding yourselves. He's precisely the kind of player your first season in CL requires.

Does not change the fact that Senior Robinho obviously does not give a fuck. Ever since he ran back to Brazil he has been slagging City off and saying he wants to stay at Santos forever.

He can fuck off for all I care. I'd rather play players who give a shit and put a shift in, even if they aren't anywhere near as skillful as Robinho, I am sure they benefit the team more.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby walmai » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

Does not change the fact that Senior Robinho obviously does not give a fuck. Ever since he ran back to Brazil he has been slagging City off and saying he wants to stay at Santos forever.

He can fuck off for all I care. I'd rather play players who give a shit and put a shift in, even if they aren't anywhere near as skillful as Robinho, I am sure they benefit the team more.

On him, you're probably right; he did after all get all histrionic on Real before his 'dream move' to Manchester.

Wonder who'll have the better World Cup? Tevez or Robinho?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Grob » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:45 pm

The mans mentally irregular with no backbone and sporadic bottle. Typical Brazilian?

Shame he's one of the most gifted footballers in the world.

Im all for cashing him in if we can find a buyer. Whose going to match his wages i wonder....
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby edge275 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Grob wrote:The mans mentally irregular with no backbone and sporadic bottle. Typical Brazilian?

Im all for cashing him in if we can find a buyer. Whose going to match his wages i wonder....

Real Ma...Oh shit!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby branny » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:07 pm

I agree with Walmai. With CL football on offer and no World cup to worry about missing his whole attitude could be different but he does need to sort it out. Can't see as he'll have many other options as attractive open to him.

Also if he does get Di Maria does this mean that Johnsons future is as a right winger?
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:37 am

edge275 wrote:
Grob wrote:The mans mentally irregular with no backbone and sporadic bottle. Typical Brazilian?

Real Ma...Oh shit!

Barca? Their players work so hard they can afford to carry one lazy bastard & the oppo has so much else to worry about there's no way they can afford to man mark him. No way would they pay a huge transfer fee but they could offer us players they don't use & perhaps end up getting him for just wages.

Failing that, a similar player exchange deal with a lesser Spanish team or Porto or Benfica if we give them cash.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:46 am

15 goals 1st season, stop start second.

Law of averages says he's amongst our elite 1 our of ever 2 seasons. Surely worth keeping no?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john68 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:22 am

Been working all night and been tuned into 5live and their World Football Phone-in. Tim Vickery, the South American football expert (who I have great respect for) repoted an answer Robbie gave to a comment about City being a funny club.
With a chance to be respectful, Robbie simply answered that "City were just a small club in a fortunate financial position"

Vickery commented that even though not a City fan, it annoyed him. He stated Robbie had the chance to state that City represented the 1st industrial City and had a great tradition. Vickery felt that Robbie was being very disrespectful.

Personally I don't go much for primas donna players, Kaziu Deyna was a huge Polish star and World class player...he did very little for us. George Weah was an ex World Footballer and chucked his dummy out of the pram and Robinho seems to be much the same.
Great skills, no bottle...I couldn't care less.

Walmai,
I respect your view from the outside and can't deny that Robbie has magical skills but for too long there were too many frills and little end product. I don't really care who has the better World Cup, Tevez or Robinho, as it neither adds nor subracts from what they do at Eastlands. Tevez is by far the superior player in a blue shirt...For City, it is a no brainer Mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum