Robinho - what next?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho - what next?

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:16 am

john68 wrote:Been working all night and been tuned into 5live and their World Football Phone-in. Tim Vickery, the South American football expert (who I have great respect for) repoted an answer Robbie gave to a comment about City being a funny club.
With a chance to be respectful, Robbie simply answered that "City were just a small club in a fortunate financial position"

Vickery commented that even though not a City fan, it annoyed him. He stated Robbie had the chance to state what City represented the 1st industrial City and had a great tradition. Vickery felt that Robbie was being very disrespectful.

I've heard him tell the same story but elsewhere and he claimed he had to switch the channel it made him so angry. There is very little interest in English football in Brazil apart from the obvious and it his chance to sell the club who pay his vast amount of wages.

Getting rid of him depends of what sort of World Cup he has. I suspect him and Brazil will disapoint.

I suspect he will end up in Turkey or Greece or one of the richer Eastern Europeans teams playing in a league where he will never be challenged with his mate Elano.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby JonnyAsh » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:16 am

Unless he comes back after the summer with hunger and desire for us, which I can't see for one second, we should sell, for the most amount of money we can get. Why should another team benefit without paying, we are quids down on the deal, and whilst cash is not so important as it once was, there is a big principal here.

my other point is that whilst the other guys rolled their sleeves up in places like Burnley and Sunderland to get 4th, why should this guy who bottled it, walk back into the team. Get paid, get rid!
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:34 am

walmai wrote:Stop deluding yourselves. He's precisely the kind of player your first season in CL requires.

And only the utterly foolish would let him deteriorate on the sidelines whilst getting someone else of the same abilities in at the same time.

He's one of the most skillful players your club has had in the last 25 years.

The difference between having a chance of progressing past Europa and getting to the knock out rounds.

Which is surely yr aspiration?

with all due respect mate, there's the difference of watching City week in week out. I agree that he is a highlight reel waiting to happen but when he isn't bothered, which happens very often, he does nothing. And I mean NOTHING. That's simply not good enough for team that has aspirations to move to really top.

Besides no matter what they bang on telly about games between top four being deciders, the truth is league titles are won and lost against 'lesser' teams in this league. Be prolific on those games and you have a chance, drop points on those and you are out. These are the kind of games where Robinho is usually absolutely useless. It's especially frustrating as you know he has the ability to destroy them on his own but simply isn't bothered. Unlike Carlos for example.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:25 am

walmai wrote:Stop deluding yourselves. He's precisely the kind of player your first season in CL requires.

And only the utterly foolish would let him deteriorate on the sidelines whilst getting someone else of the same abilities in at the same time.

The difference between having a chance of progressing past Europa and getting to the knock out rounds.

You're looking but not seeing. Robinho may have all the ability in the world - but he doesn't do anything with it. Mancini had the chance to work with Robinho but ended up letting him leave on loan.

We've got the money to sign another Robinho. We just need to find him.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:35 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

with all due respect mate, there's the difference of watching City week in week out. I agree that he is a highlight reel waiting to happen but when he isn't bothered, which happens very often, he does nothing. And I mean NOTHING. That's simply not good enough for team that has aspirations to move to really top.

Besides no matter what they bang on telly about games between top four being deciders, the truth is league titles are won and lost against 'lesser' teams in this league. Be prolific on those games and you have a chance, drop points on those and you are out. These are the kind of games where Robinho is usually absolutely useless. It's especially frustrating as you know he has the ability to destroy them on his own but simply isn't bothered. Unlike Carlos for example.

If you got the feeling that when he struggles in a game & acheives nothing, he's learning what he did wrong in order to adapt & put it right, then it wouldn't be so bad. What he's actually doing most of the time though is thinking that it's everyone else's fault that he's been shit & wondering what THEY'RE going to do about it. I still wish I could see Robinho actually bothering to try hard & win games for City but his recent disrespectful comments suggest that he's got no intention of doing that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:59 am

He is a supremely talented footballer but sometimes that's not enough. We saw at the Nou Camp the other night what a very talented footballer can do when they put the effort in.

It's disappointing when you see somebody with so much talent and such little work-rate. All the true greats in football have worked hard at their game, why do some players think that they don't need to??

I reckon we cut our losses, get rid, and move on to bigger and better things.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:10 am

King Kev wrote:He is a supremely talented footballer but sometimes that's not enough. We saw at the Nou Camp the other night what a very talented footballer can do when they put the effort in.

It's disappointing when you see somebody with so much talent and such little work-rate. All the true greats in football have worked hard at their game, why do some players think that they don't need to??

have to agree with this. When he went of to Santos i was thinking that it was possible we might take him back and try him again after being 'refreshed' in Brazil. I based that thinking on the idea that City would improve to the point where we could have one lazy player.. but then watching the amount of effort that Messi put in off the ball, chasing and running back.. finally made me realise i was dreaming. If Barca are the benchmark that modern football is pursuing then there simply is no room for passengers.. however tricksy they are.
Swap deal with Benfica me thinks
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 am

King Kev wrote:He is a supremely talented footballer but sometimes that's not enough. We saw at the Nou Camp the other night what a very talented footballer can do when they put the effort in.

That's what I can't get my head round. If you've got that much talent & are in the position to show everyone just how good you are, then you see the workrate Messi puts in, why wouldn't you be trying to do the same? Why would a player who can hit a ball as sweetly as Robinho not be working on thh training ground to perfect it from set pieces so he can do what Ronaldinho does?

Robinho just tells lies about wanting to be the best. In reality he's not that arsed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Robinho just tells lies about wanting to be the best. In reality he's not that arsed.
An interesting point of view - and a difficult one to argue against!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby TheGOAT » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 am

I love the guy
Was the first to take the chance with us, made the footballing world take notice of Manchester City!!

But i dont think he is what he need. And i dont think he would get a game for us next season.
Would like to see us go all out for Ribery, so would Bayern want him????
"Watch a DVD, eat some pizza
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
**** a chicken if that's what it takes...
Watch a chicken ******* a horse...
What? You think the guys at google sat around watching Trumpton?"
TheGOAT
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:52 am

King Kev wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Robinho just tells lies about wanting to be the best. In reality he's not that arsed.

I'd agree with it too, in retrospect he was lobbying for a move away after being here 4 months and when the window shut and it was obvious City weren't just gonna allow him to stepstone his way to Chelsea he faded and hasn't come back since. Swap move for Di Marie would be awesome as there is someone who will put in the work and can fill our central midfield spot behind the strikers very nicely. (Or to Juve for that other Brazilian central midfielder, can't rememeber the name.)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:55 am

Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I'd agree with it too, in retrospect he was lobbying for a move away after being here 4 months and when the window shut and it was obvious City weren't just gonna allow him to stepstone his way to Chelsea he faded and hasn't come back since. Swap move for Di Marie would be awesome as there is someone who will put in the work and can fill our central midfield spot behind the strikers very nicely. (Or to Juve for that other Brazilian central midfielder, can't rememeber the name.)

Diego.

Still haven't made up my mind about him but I have become Brazilianophobic after our recent experiences & would rather buy an Argentinian.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:56 am

a swap move with players from AC Milan beckons I reckon, they'd snap him up and he would do very well in serie a
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Diego.

Still haven't made up my mind about him but I have become Brazilianophobic after our recent experiences & would rather buy an Argentinian.

Yeah, sometimes we walk into a set up that isn't even remotely clever....and here we go again.

[youtube]agTH4yC2zYA[/youtube]
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:I hope he comes back and shows the form he did first season. If he does that I'm sure everyone sayin he is shit will change that view.

He did well in his first few months, but was pretty abysmal in every away game barring perhaps Everton. He made a contribution to perhaps 30% of our games last year, and there is no reason to think that statistic will ever be any different given time.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Wooders wrote:a swap move with players from AC Milan beckons I reckon, they'd snap him up and he would do very well in serie a

Which 30yo+ are we gonna swap for?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 pm

I think if he really doesn't want to stay then we could do a deal with Robson going the other way for another high profile player.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:14 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:I hope he comes back and shows the form he did first season. If he does that I'm sure everyone sayin he is shit will change that view.

He did well in his first few months, but was pretty abysmal in every away game barring perhaps Everton. He made a contribution to perhaps 30% of our games last year, and there is no reason to think that statistic will ever be any different given time.

Wait wait wait, I don't think anyone is saying he is shit, he is an obviously very talented footballer. Problem is he can't be arsed for two thirds of his time here. Even if he comes back and does well for us, it doesn't make the fact that he has done fuckall for us in the last 12 months.

(lazy quoting, obviously reply to FtG, not you john)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Slim wrote:
Wooders wrote:a swap move with players from AC Milan beckons I reckon, they'd snap him up and he would do very well in serie a

Which 30yo+ are we gonna swap for?

How about Pato? He's only 20... I think he has fantastic talent...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I think he has let us down big time...Im gutted he is no longer with us and probably wont be again. I had my 2 new shirts with his name on and I regret it badly as he embarrasses me with his constant lies.

He has treated us city fans as thick cunts .

I dont want to see him again as I dont believe a word that comes out of his mouth.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum