Mancini wary of Anfield threat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini wary of Anfield threat

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Roberto Mancini is refusing to rule Liverpool out of the race for the final Champions League spot despite the Anfield outfit's deep involvement in the Europa League.

Blues boss Mancini was prominent among the crowd that watched Rafa Benitez's team sweep aside Portuguese title favourites Benfica 4-1 on Thursday night to reach the semi-finals.

But he insists that Liverpool remain capable contenders in the late sprint for the vital fourth Premier League place that City fill as they tackle visitors Birmingham tomorrow.

Roberto smiled at the idea Liverpool's Europa bid might be a distraction: "Helpful to us? I hope so! They played a fantastic game on Thursday and I hope that they win the Europa League!

"But they are a strong team. They will still try hard for fourth place, that is normal. There are four teams still for the one place - ourselves, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Liverpool.

"It's six games for us and Tottenham and only five for Liverpool. But all our games are difficult, starting with Birmingham - in their last two games they drew with Arsenal and Liverpool.

"So we know they are a good team. It's
important that our fans will be at the
stadium to give us their great support,
because it really makes a difference to
the players"

Mancini also marvelled at Lionel Messi's spellbinding four-goal performance for Barcelona in midweek but is not surprised that Carlos Tevez's popularity is greater in Argentina.

He said: "They are two fantastic players. It is Argentina's good fortune to have Tevez and Messi for the World Cup! Argentina have a good chance of winning it with them.

"I think there are a lot of good strikers playing in the Premier League, but along with Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba, carlo is one of the best."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Mancini wary of Anfield threat

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:47 pm

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:55 pm

hopefully the fans will answer the call

We need the atmosphere of a derby for all our remaining home games, to push us on to the champions league.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:46 pm

I'll be there, does that help?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'll be there, does that help?

That's all that matters mate ;)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:55 pm

They have an easy run, but against sides that are fighting to stay up. Playin sides like Burnley and Hull could prove a real battle. Lets hope so.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum