Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:42 am

MANCHESTER CITY are preparing to break the British transfer record with a sensational bid for Cesc Fabregas.
City's move for the Arsenal midfielder was authorised by owner Sheikh Mansour during a meeting with key personnel this week.
Although their swoop for Fabregas is dependent on a top-four finish, they plan to start the bidding at £50m in an attempt to see off Barcelona.
City now have a "1-2-3 wishlist" of world class targets that is topped by Fabregas, followed by Ferdnando Torres and Barca striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Although Fabregas has made it clear he wants to return to Barca if he quits Arsenal, City have been undeterred after taking initial soundings.
The Arsenal skipper has made it clear his next move is not about money and that he wants to win league titles and compete for the Champions League.
City intend to make "three or four impact signings" in the summer as they aim for a crack at the title next season.
They are convinced that if they can finish fourth they will be able to attract the calibre of player that can win the Premier League title.
Fabregas is the personal choice of Mansour, who wants to add creativity to City's midfield, but other signings are on the way.
City are close to agreeing a deal with Hamburg for right back Jerome Boateng and he will sign in the summer.
They are also chasing Inter striker Mario Balotelli as they prepare to strengthen their squad for a crack at the title.
City's move for Fabregas is the most audacious of the lot, but the top brass are well aware just how difficult it will be to prise him away from Arsenal.
Although City did business with the Gunners last season for Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure, their move for Fabregas is on a different level.
Barcelona have made it clear they intend to pursue Fabregas this summer and he was spotted mixing with dignitaries at the Nou Camp on Tuesday night in VIP lounges.
City are convinced that they will compete for the Premier League title next season, but their recruitment policy and the move for Fabregas depends on finishing fourth this term.
Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak reiterated the target during a meeting with City chief Roberto Mancini this week.
They have discussed a number of other transfer targets, but face big competition from Real Madrid for Benfica duo Angel di Maria and Brazilian defender David Luiz.
City's long-term strategy is to follow Barcelona's model and sign young players capable of forcing their way into the first team.
Luiz, who has made his name at centre half this season, is among the options being considered as City gear up for their summer spending.NOTW. MCF THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31634

Manchester City winger Adam Johnson poised to grab late spot in Fabio Capello's England squad
Adam Johnson is looking likely to gatecrash England's World Cup party, as the 'Theo Walcott' surprise choice by Fabio Capello.
Sources close to Manchester City believe Capello may follow the example of countryman Roberto Mancini and choose Johnson in front of the 30-time capped Shaun Wright-Phillips.
At Middlesbrough, Johnson was often in the shadow of Stewart Downing, but he has blossomed since his switch to City during the January transfer window.
Capello is expected to have a representative at Eastlands this afternoon for the visit of Birmingham City to run a further check on the versatile 22-year-old.
Johnson could be used in a number of roles with England. A left-footer who figures primarily on the left side, he can also operate on the right and through the centre of midfield.

Lescott insists he will be fit for the World Cup
Joleon Lescott has ­rubbished reports that he will miss the rest of the season and England’s World Cup campaign.
Manchester City’s ­£24million defender has been sidelined for three games by a hamstring ­injury he suffered in the warm-up before the Blues’ win at Fulham.
There have been suggestions that the problem will rule him out of City’s last six games of the campaign as they battle for a top-four spot .
That would then keep him out of Fabio Capello’s plans for South Africa.
But former Everton centre-back Lescott said: “If I’m going to miss the rest of the season that is news to me.
“I think my rehabilitation is going well.
“I am spending two hours a day in an oxygen chamber and I have an altitude tent over my bed at home to help with my fitness.
“As far as I’m concerned I’ll be back and playing again in about three weeks.”
That would mean Lescott being available for City’s final three games of the season as they fight with Spurs and Liverpool for the much-coveted Champions League spot. MAIL - MCF THREAD http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31619

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United have cooled their interest in David Villa as Valencia are looking for £40m for the striker, who wants £200,000 a week in wages. Daily Mail

Birmingham have an option to sign Christian Benitez on a permanent basis when the Santos Llaguna striker's loan deal expires in May. Daily Mirror

Arsenal are battling it out with Manchester United over Fiorentina keeper Sebastien Frey. News of the World

Chelsea are tracking Benfica winger Angel di Maria, who is also wanted by Manchester City. (News of the World)

Everton manager David Moyes is weighing up a summer move for Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford. News of the World

Newcastle are hoping to sign Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara, who is on loan at Portsmouth, for £5m. (Sunday Express)

Russian side CSKA Moscow are set to bid £9m for Liverpool's Israeli midfielder Yossi Benayoun. News of the World

Shakhtar Donetsk winger Doug Costa, the Brazilian winger described as the new Ronaldinho, has said that he has not given up hope of a move to Manchester United. News of the World

Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley will seal a move to Stoke in the summer if the Welsh side miss out on promotion to the Premier League. News of the World

OTHER BOLLOX
Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have indicated they will sell the club for the right price, and have hired investment bank Barclays Capital to find potential investors. Mail on Sunday

And the American pair have put a £600m price tag on the Anfield club. Sunday Mirror

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is demanding up to £80m for a transfer kitty to revive the club's Premier League fortunes next season. (Sunday Express)

Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan and Valencia midfielder David Silva are thought to be among Benitez's top summer targets. Mail on Sunday

And Benitez has admitted he may have to sell some of the club's big players in order to fund moves for the pair. Sunday People

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres as well as Reds manager Rafael Benitez and midfielder Javier Mascherano are targets for Italian side Juventus. Sunday Times

England manager Fabio Capello is considering taking injury-prone Spurs defender Ledley King to the World Cup. Daily Mirror

Arsenal centre-back Sol Campbell has told manager Arsene Wenger he is ready to face a hostile reception at his former club Tottenham in Wednesday's north London derby. Sunday Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Patrick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:00 am

Tissues please
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site