Arsenal vs Spuds on Wednesday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Arsenal vs Spuds on Wednesday

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:38 am

If we beat the rags, and chelsea beat spuds this weekend, it effectively ends the rags title run, right?
if so, is there any chance that united "roll over" for spuds at the swamp, to give them a better crack at 4th at our expense.
if i'm baconface, i definitely want spuds in the CL rather than city. cause once we get in, it's all over.
i could always be paranoid.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:41 am

Dingus McDouchey wrote:If we beat the rags, and chelsea beat spuds this weekend, it effectively ends the rags title run, right?
if so, is there any chance that U***d "roll over" for spuds at the swamp, to give them a better crack at 4th at our expense.
if i'm baconface, i definitely want spuds in the CL rather than city. cause once we get in, it's all over.

I had this paranoid thought that being the Yids take on all three of the top 4 that they have all had a clandestine meeting to agree to lose all three games in order to prevent City from making the top4.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:30 am

Slim wrote:I think we can safely say that Arsenal are out of the title race now. Even the rags look a little too far behind but you can never write off those jammy gits. Should we beat them this weekend City v Tottenham could remain the last big battle left in the league with Villa dropping points I think they are done and Scousers have been gone for weeks but too stupid to realise it.

I reckon you are right. I was fucking gutted last night but at least Villa dropped points which imo was essential for us considering the easy run in they have. I said about three weeks ago that Scousepool are out of it. They simply don't have character to form any sort of challenge.

So it's between us and Spurs now. We fucking need to get the fourth spot now. I can't stand the idea of the most delusional supporters in football banging on how they are big time AGAIN.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:33 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Slim wrote:I think we can safely say that Arsenal are out of the title race now. Even the rags look a little too far behind but you can never write off those jammy gits. Should we beat them this weekend City v Tottenham could remain the last big battle left in the league with Villa dropping points I think they are done and Scousers have been gone for weeks but too stupid to realise it.

I reckon you are right. I was fucking gutted last night but at least Villa dropped points which imo was essential for us considering the easy run in they have. I said about three weeks ago that Scousepool are out of it. They simply don't have character to form any sort of challenge.

So it's between us and Spurs now. We fucking need to get the fourth spot now. I can't stand the idea of the most delusional supporters in football banging on how they are big time AGAIN.

I will give you that, except Newcastle supporters have them by a country mile for delusional. You watch next season as they spout on about qualifying for Europe first year to set the base for a title challenge the following.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby guv111 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:37 am

Arsenal must be in a state to lose to Spurs - the most spineless club in the history of football. That City lost there so pathetically this season is one of the club's biggest embarrassments. Harry "Twat" Redknapp is more suited to selling stolen property from the back of a van than managing a football club.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Esky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:10 am

guv111 wrote:Arsenal must be in a state to lose to Spurs - the most spineless club in the history of football. That City lost there so pathetically this season is one of the club's biggest embarrassments. Harry "Twat" Redknapp is more suited to selling stolen property from the back of a van than managing a football club.

He's shifty but he's fucking good at what he does.

Does anyone have a link to the Rose goal? Quite a game to make your debut in; read a few times over that it'll be up for goal of the season.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:12 am

they have a flamboyant style arseholenal but if you cant score goals or get stuck in you wont win, arsehole whinger needs to get a battler in midfield and get rid of that shite bendtner, lets hope they rollover when we play em
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 am

Good win for Spurs. Incredible debut for the lad Rose and everyone else worked really hard to earn the result. I think Spurs' work on the field is what impressed me the most.

Strength in depth, too. They were able to bring Gudjohsen (sp) and Crouch off the Bench. Imagine that if they need a Goal at City.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Fish111 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:07 am

People were writing Spurs off on this site way too soon because of the teams they have to play. As i have said, Spurs have a decent record against the top three, apart from Arsenal in the league which they have now addressed, and if they beat Chelsea (At home) and we only manage a draw against the scum then we lose 4th spot and they are back in the driving seat.
I have also maintained all along that our game against Spurs will be THE decider for fourth and i didn't see anything last night that changed my mind.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby bobadji » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:10 am

Even if that happens Fish, as long as we remain within 2 of Spurs, it's in our hands.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:13 am

Fish111 wrote:People were writing Spurs off on this site way too soon because of the teams they have to play. As i have said, Spurs have a decent record against the top three, apart from Arsenal in the league which they have now addressed, and if they beat Chelsea (At home) and we only manage a draw against the scum then we lose 4th spot and they are back in the driving seat.
I have also maintained all along that our game against Spurs will be THE decider for fourth and i didn't see anything last night that changed my mind.

But everything is so tight that could all change Saturday mate, either way, both for 4th and title.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:05 am

brite blu sky wrote:i didnt think Spurs were very good tbh.. Arsenal were and are crap.. but still had most of the ball.

Nah, that result flattered Spurs imo, they wont get away so lightly against Chelsea

I also saw it that way. If it weren't for Gomez turning all of a sudden into into the best GK in the world, Arsenal would have won it easily after VP came on.
Still I think we can beat Arsenal at the Emirates by simply scoring more goals than them. Their defence without Vermaelen is there for the taking.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 am

Slim wrote:
Dingus McDouchey wrote:If we beat the rags, and chelsea beat spuds this weekend, it effectively ends the rags title run, right?
if so, is there any chance that U***d "roll over" for spuds at the swamp, to give them a better crack at 4th at our expense.

I had this paranoid thought that being the Yids take on all three of the top 4 that they have all had a clandestine meeting to agree to lose all three games in order to prevent City from making the top4.

I reckon that baconface will still want to secure 2nd place as Arsenal can still sneak in and take it. So no worries here.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby simon12 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:06 am

Good news on the OS

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... or-weekend

Roberto Mancini has revealed the Blues are likely to receive a huge boost ahead of this Saturday’s Manchester derby with the likely return of four key squad members
With City entering one of the most important periods in the club’s history, the manager admits it’s vital he has as many experienced players as possible at his disposal as the race for fourth spot hots up.

“We will have Pablo Zabaleta available again following his two-match ban and possibly Stephen Ireland, Patrick Vieira and Wayne Bridge, too which is very good news for us,” he revealed.

“I am very pleased they are back in training and we will see how things go this week, but we won’t be naming our team until Saturday morning, of course.

The team has been playing very well, but as I’ve said before, we can get better and we know that we have to be at our best to beat Manchester United and again in our remaining games after that

Tottenham’s win over Arsenal last night means Harry Redknapp’s men are now just one point behind the Blues with what is shaping up to be an epic encounter between the two Champions League hopefuls still to come.

With effectively five cup finals left to play, Mancini knows he will need as many options as possible available to him in the coming weeks.

“It is good that we are getting everybody fit at such a crucial time of the season with so many important matches to come,” he said.

“We know that it is vital that we have a good goal difference, too, because that could possibly decide who finishes in fourth place.

“We have been scoring a few goals in recent weeks, which is good and there is no reason we cannot continue to keep scoring if we continue to play in the manner we have been of late, not matter who we are playing.”
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 pm

simon12 wrote:“We will have Pablo Zabaleta available again following his two-match ban and possibly Stephen Ireland, Patrick Vieira and Wayne Bridge, too which is very good news for us,” he revealed.

Zabaleta always gives 110% so his return is good news. I'm mostly concerned about Bridge over the other two injured types.

Tottenham have got Chelsea Home and Man Ure Away to come. If we can at least equal their results whilst we're entertaining Man Ure and playing at Arsenal then it should come down to us v them. Literally. They'll come to The COMS needing 3 points.

I haven't read all 4 pages - but is it common knowledge that our Manager was at the Match last night? Polkadot scarf. I wonder if that one will catch on amongst our Support?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum