Atmosphere sounded great today, was it ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Atmosphere sounded great today, was it ?

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Did not go today had to work however did get home in time for KO the atmosphere sounded great today....was it ? it seemed that the crowd were warming up for next week ?
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Atmosphere sounded great today, was it ?

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:41 pm

It was not good. Top display and that but crowd was at the opera. Took a Bin Dipper mate to fill a spare and he remarked that it was "a different kind of experience being able to have an uninterrupted chat at the football" - Colin Bell though.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ruralblue » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Don't know about the ground, sounded fine from the Mad Hatters Bar in New York where Cook made his silly gaff. Fantastic atmosphere in there and brilliant to meet the loyal supporters from the supporters club over there / her.

Brilliant afternoon.

Rural x
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:48 pm

I am not sure what is wrong with the fans these days but the ground has been quiet for months now it wont be next week tho hopefully
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:49 pm

mate it was fucking top notch today, and thats me saying that! I was block 110/109 and the whole ground was on their feet buzzing in the second half.

next week im in the fuckin bell stand with all the muppets though, bad times !
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Nick wrote:mate it was fucking top notch today, and thats me saying that! I was block 110/109 and the whole ground was on their feet buzzing in the second half.

Maybe you should give your ticket to someone who will be a little more grateful to be able to attend than you evidently are?

From
"A Muppet"
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Nick wrote:mate it was fucking top notch today, and thats me saying that! I was block 110/109 and the whole ground was on their feet buzzing in the second half.

The whole ground was not on there feet they were stood up as per usual until the end of 118. anywhere past there and they were sat down
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm

The atmosphere was fantastic, it was buzzing today, On a par with Arsenal at home in the league this season. The two best of this season so far, lets hope we carry that on next week.

I suggest Dunne's Half Time Pint cuts out one of those free hearing aid test coupons in the sunday papers if you didn't think today was top notch.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:I am not sure what is wrong with the fans these days but the ground has been quiet for months now it wont be next week tho hopefully

It wasn't today.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Vhero » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Blue Toy wrote:

Maybe you should give your ticket to someone who will be a little more grateful to be able to attend than you evidently are?

From
"A Muppet"

Whats there to be grateful for exactly?? The chance we have to pay for a ticket?? Not to piss on your parade mate and your argument here but its not like tickets are free and if you pay for a ticket you don't wanna be sat next to a tosser all the way through the match. I'm not saying they are all in the Colin Bell area but there are a few of them over there who want to do nothing but cause trouble. I'm not even saying you cause trouble or calling you a name or anybody on this board but it happens so give the guy a break.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Vhero wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

From
"A Muppet"

Whats there to be grateful for exactly?? The chance we have to pay for a ticket?? Not to piss on your parade mate and your argument here but its not like tickets are free and if you pay for a ticket you don't wanna be sat next to a tosser all the way through the match. I'm not saying they are all in the Colin Bell area but there are a few of them over there who want to do nothing but cause trouble. I'm not even saying you cause trouble or calling you a name or anybody on this board but it happens so give the guy a break.

People in the Colin Bell stand want to cause trouble?? I wouldnt have thought so.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:22 pm

211 was pretty mcuh spot on, we are next to the away though.

TO THE PUB.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Vhero wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

From
"A Muppet"

Having a ticket for a Derby is something to be grateful for... Nobody is forcing him to go yet you'd think so by reading his heavily generalised post. He even calls it "bad times" !!

You can sit anywhere in the ground and be next to a tosser.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Well if you go to any football match, and dont join in the atmosphere your a tosser. lol
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:29 pm

My mate borrowed my card today and said 110 was top drawer as did his missus.

From the TV, the first 25/30 was quiet admittedly, however once the goals went in, and throughout the second half I was very impressed by the noise. It was indeed like we're warming up for next week.

Can't wait!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Blue Toy wrote:

From
"A Muppet"

Not at all, I just dont enjoy the game if blues are kicking off at each other for joining in/ not joining in.

And i say that because the last time I was in the block Im in on saturday it was actually like David Camerons family party. One lady got a book out mid -match.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Vhero wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

From
"A Muppet"

Exactly mate. For some week matches Ive actually not gone and watched it on TV because it pains me to pay the money to be forced to sit in silence or feel like a dick for backing my team.

Today was fine, we had some young kids behind me so we moved up and i had empty seats behind me about 5 rows up so i stood for most of the match, most people in 110 were stood up anyway.

It made me laugh at kick off when i was sat next to two young girls and they said please dont sit down, and they pissed off to 111 haha!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 pm

And we were fourth, 5-1 up on a hot sunday afternoon.

Coms has been rocking when were playing well and a few goals up, but it does annoy me that it takes that kind of scoreline to get the place rocking most times. Im more of the idea that you make the place a fortress early on >> the players feel confident >>> the goals go in.

Even players like zaba and tevez have to turn to the blocks and tell people to turn it up a notch.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:53 pm

It was top notch today.

The South Stand came back into it's rightful place as number one.

WERE STARTING TO BELIEVE.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Forgot to say.

The City is ourssssss,the city is ourrrrrssss,fuck off back to Norwich,the city is ours.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum