Atmosphere sounded great today, was it ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Atmosphere sounded great today, was it ?

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Sitting with Andie in the northern stand, I was watching the banter at the southern stand. It was a wee bit disappointing in that the noise wasn't constant. Having said that, I've been invited to join the singers next week so we'll see.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:29 pm

dazby wrote:Sitting with Andie in the northern stand, I was watching the banter at the southern stand. It was a wee bit disappointing in that the noise wasn't constant. Having said that, I've been invited to join the singers next week so we'll see.

You come down South next week?
Slumming it.

You dirt bag.
Its brilliant.

Oh and PS that was your first live home game and we won 5 fucking 1,what more do you want.
;-)

PPS ill be in touch about the weekend of mega fun after i do five days hard graft,
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby bluechester » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Dazzacity wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:
Nick wrote:mate it was fucking top notch today, and thats me saying that! I was block 110/109 and the whole ground was on their feet buzzing in the second half.

next week im in the fuckin bell stand with all the muppets though, bad times !

Maybe you should give your ticket to someone who will be a little more grateful to be able to attend than you evidently are?

From
"A Muppet"

Whats there to be grateful for exactly?? The chance we have to pay for a ticket?? Not to piss on your parade mate and your argument here but its not like tickets are free and if you pay for a ticket you don't wanna be sat next to a tosser all the way through the match. I'm not saying they are all in the Colin Bell area but there are a few of them over there who want to do nothing but cause trouble. I'm not even saying you cause trouble or calling you a name or anybody on this board but it happens so give the guy a break.

dont think anyone in the colin bell stand wants to cause trouble because that would mean thay would have to het off yjere arse and amje a noise, which im sure & expereinced they never do, boring twats

People in the Colin Bell stand want to cause trouble?? I wouldnt have thought so.
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:It was not good. Top display and that but crowd was at the opera. Took a Bin Dipper mate to fill a spare and he remarked that it was "a different kind of experience being able to have an uninterrupted chat at the football" - Colin Bell though.

Strange mate I normally wouldn't doubt your word, but from my plastic fan chair here in Dublin it sounded like a European night that the dippers shite on about.

It felt like the hamburg match I was at and me and the mrs kept saying it was a shame we weren't there.

Well done to all of you, you did us proud.

x
Original Dub

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:It was not good. Top display and that but crowd was at the opera. Took a Bin Dipper mate to fill a spare and he remarked that it was "a different kind of experience being able to have an uninterrupted chat at the football" - Colin Bell though.

Strange mate I normally wouldn't doubt your word, but from my plastic fan chair here in Dublin it sounded like a European night that the dippers shite on about.

It felt like the hamburg match I was at and me and the mrs kept saying it was a shame we weren't there.

x

I was way back on the North end of the 3rd tier of the Bell - and I did not think it was good. Atmosphere is a highly subjective thing though, only takes the closest 50 guys to you to be loud and you'll think it was jumping. Hamburg it was not.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

x

I was way back on the North end of the 3rd tier of the Bell - and I did not think it was good. Atmosphere is a highly subjective thing though, only takes the closest 50 guys to you to be loud and you'll think it was jumping. Hamburg it was not.

Fair enough mate.

You'll hear me next week, rest assured ...
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:10 am

I thought the atmosphere was great today. Best for a long time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dikdik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:31 am

I'm afraid I have to agree with Mr Half Pint. I'm in the Colin Bell and it was not jumping. Admittedly I borrowed my son's posh seat down the front today... but even so some of the stares I got from the ladies in posh hats just because I called someone a cunt beggars belief.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby spiv » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:46 am

It depends what part of the ground you're sat in. I was in block 102 and it was fairly relaxed for atmosphere but if you were in the south stand or south east corner it would sound like the whole ground was jumping.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 am

....once the goals went in...Therein lies the problem.

As a crowd, City fans away from the singing areas tend to respond and react to the game. Sing when we're doing well and remain quiet when we a struggling.
IMHO...We need a crowd that takes responsibility and drives the team forward under all circumstances.

Today, I was in the Colin Bell Stand and I got to have a sing...Didn't notice any posh women staring at me though...maybe I'm too old...:-) Or maybe they were all having a quiet glance at DHTP.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby simon12 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:12 am

Most of us(people around me) were singing in 125
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Fish111 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:48 am

lets all have a disco wrote:It was top notch today. The South Stand came back into it's rightful place as number one. WERE STARTING TO BELIEVE.

Welcome to the party, 111 has been backing the team all season and have been carrying the South Stand ;-)
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 am

Fish111 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:It was top notch today. The South Stand came back into it's rightful place as number one. WERE STARTING TO BELIEVE.

Welcome to the party, 111 has been backing the team all season and have been carrying the South Stand ;-)

In 111 you have to stop goading the kids in the away end,acting bertie big bollocks and watch the team.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby stinky pete » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:33 am

all the people who sit there quiet will be singing on sat against the skiprats why carn,t they be herd against other teams???? were 4th and have never had as good get behind the lads who ever we play.
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 am

Once the 4th went in the ground was rocking. everywhere. I was even buzzing seeing area's of the north stand stood up with their arms spread singing blue moon. I always thought it was a load of cardboard cut outs in the north stand to fill it up.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:48 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:Once the 4th went in the ground was rocking. everywhere. I was even buzzing seeing area's of the north stand stood up with their arms spread singing blue moon. I always thought it was a load of cardboard cut outs in the north stand to fill it up.

Thats the thing about Eastlands when the songs go round it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up,IMHO it pisses all over Maine Road when it gets like that.

Ps Bings where were you yesterday? oh and you better be up early for the Derby were out at 8am sharp.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:50 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:Once the 4th went in the ground was rocking. everywhere. I was even buzzing seeing area's of the north stand stood up with their arms spread singing blue moon. I always thought it was a load of cardboard cut outs in the north stand to fill it up.

Thats the thing about Eastlands when the songs go round it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end,IMHO it pisses all over Maine Road when it gets like that.

Ps Bings where were you yesterday? oh and you better be up early for the Derby were out at 8am sharp.

Brought the missus so didn't bother with the beer.
I was sat in 215, which was directly above the brummies. Funny place actually as we were just giving them shit all game from left, right, and above. they didn't know who to respond to.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby King Kev » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:40 am

Atmosphere was pretty good yesterday, not brilliant but pretty good.

We need to learn to lift the team rather than waiting form them to lift us. We are in danger of becoming like Arsenal fans in that respect.

It should be rocking from the start on Saturday though.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby TrueBlue82 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:55 am

i was sat in east stand, block 101 and for the first 30 mins or so it was like a morgue around me. i was the only one cheering the lads on, my cheers of "Come on city" on my own made me feel like i was in the wrong ground!?!?!?

was much better 2nd half with alot more joining in, and as the 4th went in the place was great!!
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:45 pm

dazby wrote:Sitting with Andie in the northern stand, I was watching the banter at the southern stand. It was a wee bit disappointing in that the noise wasn't constant. Having said that, I've been invited to join the singers next week so we'll see.

northern, southern, lol, why did he come for , the prawn sarnies. joking
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum