MOTD2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MOTD2

Postby bluej » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Rags on first. Unbelieveable.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: MOTD2

Postby ashton287 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 pm

obviously it was the best 0-0 draw EVER, there are like 478 dives from scum players that need analysing.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Ferdinand's finger, fuck me.

EDIT: I just realised that if you read the above without paying full attention it could look like I want him to finger me. For the avoidance of doubt, I don't.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby giokingkladze » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:06 pm

They're on to highlight their failure and probable elimination from the title race rather than anything else, to be fair, which doesn't really bother me
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Chinners » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:06 pm

A case of the best til last tonight I reckon
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby ashton287 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:09 pm

i find it best to sky+ it, skip to the city match then pretend we were on first
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Well sod you lot, I'll repost my post from the existing thread into this new one.

We win 5-1 so we have blackburn-scums scintillating 0-0 draw on as the main match. Twats.

BTW, how shit is berbatov.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby bluej » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Blue Toy wrote:Ferdinand's finger, fuck me.

EDIT: I just realised that if you read the above without paying full attention it could look like I want him to finger me. For the avoidance of doubt, I don't.

Haha, but yeah it was grim.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 pm

FFS, why has Chiles got his gardening shirt on? Scruffy get.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Socrates » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Blue Toy wrote:Ferdinand's finger, fuck me.

not again anyway...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:26 pm

patrickblue wrote:Well sod you lot, I'll repost my post from the existing thread into this new one.

We win 5-1 so we have blackburn-scums scintillating 0-0 draw on as the main match. Twats.

BTW, how shit is berbatov.

Slur Alex was busy picking this useless cunt up at the airport while Mr Tevez was waiting for him to give a thumbs up.

er... D'oh.
Original Dub

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:06 pm

ashton287 wrote:obviously it was the best 0-0 draw EVER, there are like 478 dives from scum players that need analysing.

haha. truth.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

MOTD2

Postby sandman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:15 am

I thought that we got reasonable coverage last night, more than MOTD usually give us.

At least this time they didnt just show the goals?
Last edited by sandman on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:16 am

Yet again it felt to me like they talked more about how shit Berbatov is then they talked about how good we were.
Starting to really fucking hate that program.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Fish111 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:44 am

I didn't mind the scum being on first as it made me appreciate fergiescum's determination to collect Berbashit up from the airport. Fuckin hell, we could have had Robinho AND Berbashit, we would have been the laughing stock of football then wouldn't we?
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:48 am

BBC still cover football?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby patrickblue » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 pm

I got somewhat pissed off with them and complained. only just got a reply.

Dear Mr Cole

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the BBC Two programme 'Match of the Day 2'.

I understand you're unhappy because you believe the Blackburn United vs. Manchester United game shouldn't have qualified for being among the first games to be shown and that matches from teams who in some cases score more goals, such as that in the Manchester City match, offer a better game of highlights and should be shown instead.

The running order for each programme is determined by the big stories, talking points and the most entertaining games of that day the race to win the Premier League title is very tight not to mention those trying to avoid the relegation zone.

If you feel we've been biased against teams by placing them lower in the running order of the programme, I can assure you that this isn't the case. We help select the order by sending a commentator to the premise of each match, to build a comprehensive review of Premiership action and broadcast longer match reviews.

Over time supporters from a number of different clubs contact us about the placement of their team in the programme, many various supporters claiming their team is always the last to be shown, which makes us aware that we can't please all the fans all the time.

Given how close the battle of winning the Premiership has been this year, it has become an exciting race and one which has drew a lot of attention on the programme with many fans unaware of the score until they view the highlights.

I appreciate that you may continue to hold a different view and I'd like to assure you that I've registered your concerns on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content and all feedback we receive, whether positive or negative, is always appreciated.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Regards

Philip Young
BBC Complaints

----Original message----

> Can you tell me why you felt that Manchester United drawing 0-0
> with Blackburn was worthy of being given top billing on MOTD2 on 11th
>April, when the Manchester City match had six goals. I accept that
>Manchester United are in competition for the title, but it was a poor
>advertisement for the Premier League, and football in general.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

No answer at all really!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ashton287 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:56 pm

patrickblue wrote:I got somewhat pissed off with them and complained. only just got a reply.

Dear Mr Cole

I understand you're unhappy because you believe the Blackburn U***d vs. Manchester U***d game shouldn't have qualified for being among the first games to be shown and that matches from teams who in some cases score more goals, such as that in the Manchester City match, offer a better game of highlights and should be shown instead.

The running order for each programme is determined by the big stories, talking points and the most entertaining games of that day the race to win the Premier League title is very tight not to mention those trying to avoid the relegation zone.

If you feel we've been biased against teams by placing them lower in the running order of the programme, I can assure you that this isn't the case. We help select the order by sending a commentator to the premise of each match, to build a comprehensive review of Premiership action and broadcast longer match reviews.

Over time supporters from a number of different clubs contact us about the placement of their team in the programme, many various supporters claiming their team is always the last to be shown, which makes us aware that we can't please all the fans all the time.

Given how close the battle of winning the Premiership has been this year, it has become an exciting race and one which has drew a lot of attention on the programme with many fans unaware of the score until they view the highlights.

I appreciate that you may continue to hold a different view and I'd like to assure you that I've registered your concerns on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content and all feedback we receive, whether positive or negative, is always appreciated.

Regards

Philip Young
BBC Complaints

----Original message----

> Can you tell me why you felt that Manchester U***d drawing 0-0
> with Blackburn was worthy of being given top billing on MOTD2 on 11th
>April, when the Manchester City match had six goals. I accept that
>Manchester U***d are in competition for the title, but it was a poor
>advertisement for the Premier League, and football in general.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

No answer at all really!

Typical rags then, this programme is for plastic fans who check the score and say "hmmm" before pressing tv guide>>green button>>scroll down to LOST>>select>>select "been waiting to watch this all week"
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:45 pm

patrickblue wrote:I got somewhat pissed off with them and complained. only just got a reply.

Dear Mr Cole

I understand you're unhappy because you believe the Blackburn U***d vs. Manchester U***d game shouldn't have qualified for being among the first games to be shown and that matches from teams who in some cases score more goals, such as that in the Manchester City match, offer a better game of highlights and should be shown instead.

Regards

Philip Young
BBC Complaints

Who are they????.....BBC are wankers.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:01 pm

patrickblue wrote:I understand you're unhappy because you believe the Blackburn U***d vs. Manchester U***d game shouldn't have qualified for being among the first games to be shown and that matches from teams who in some cases score more goals, such as that in the Manchester City match, offer a better game of highlights and should be shown instead.

Wondered why this thread had been resurrected and that line tells you all you need to know.

I had a chance to talk to Mottie earlier in the season and asked if we would be up first, due to him being there. He said that it will depend on the outcome of the game but the more goals, the better the chance of coming first, ie. entertainment. He did also say that it will always be heavily biased towards the top teams, regardless of who they are.

We were first after that game by the way.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum