Two more wins

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Two more wins

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 am

I know loads of staring at fixtures and conjecture about results is taking place at the mo. Had a quick look myself last night again and I reckon now that:-
Villa will finish on 63 ish
Scouse can possibly get 10 more points for 66
Spuds might get 9 to end on 67. (I think I'm being a bit kind to them there too)
So we need two wins for 68. Villa will be dead and buried by the time they come and we'll beat them. So where is the other one most likely to come and will we get it? I fancy us to smash the Rags myself.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: Two more wins

Postby 13021J » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:49 am

Derbies are hard to predict so I won't say a win against them is going to happen (but we are the form team!)
Arse away is a very hard fixture so cant guarantee that either
But Spuds, Villa at home and Hammers away (even though they might be in desperate relegation mode) should provide us with at least 5 points.

That should be enough with a draw in one of the others.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Martinez » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I know loads of staring at fixtures and conjecture about results is taking place at the mo. Had a quick look myself last night again and I reckon now that:-
Spuds might get 9 to end on 67. (I think I'm being a bit kind to them there too)
So we need two wins for 68. Villa will be dead and buried by the time they come and we'll beat them. So where is the other one most likely to come and will we get it? I fancy us to smash the Rags myself.

That gives the derby even more signifcance, they need to win to have any chance in the title run-in, we need to win to cement fourth spot, AND it's a derby. I'm drewling as i write this, bring on saturday!

I wonder what team is considered favourites for this one? We are certainly ahead on form, just hope we can stay injury free this week, and that Bridge can play. Not comfortable with Valencia running at Garrido....
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 am

Martinez wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I know loads of staring at fixtures and conjecture about results is taking place at the mo. Had a quick look myself last night again and I reckon now that:-

That gives the derby even more signifcance, they need to win to have any chance in the title run-in, we need to win to cement fourth spot, AND it's a derby. I'm drewling as i write this, bring on saturday!

I wonder what team is considered favourites for this one? We are certainly ahead on form, just hope we can stay injury free this week, and that Bridge can play. Not comfortable with Valencia running at Garrido....

I make us favourites for the derby - I would just like us to put 4 or 5 past the bastards - I will be having a lump on us (mind you I have done my bollocks backing CITY sooo many times)
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:13 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
Martinez wrote:

I make us favourites for the derby - I would just like us to put 4 or 5 past the bastards - I will be having a lump on us (mind you I have done my bollocks backing CITY sooo many times)

Form out the window for the derby=, it means nothing.

As long as we dont lose its an excellent result. I also fancy us to get a point at arsenal if not more....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:15 am

I think we are slight favourites for the Derby now after yesterday's result at Blackburn. It's win or bust or them now and that's when we play our best counter attacking football against teams who have to commit players forward.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:17 am

Two more home wins and two points away will seal it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:01 am

we are so close now, its so exciting, hopefully spurs will get twatted by the arse, we'll do united and by the time tottenham come to town it will all be over
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Socrates » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:02 am

Psychologically it would be brilliant to get to 70 points but realistically 69 would almost certainly be enough - Liverpool can only get 68, Villa would need 16 points from 6 games to finish ahead of us and Tottenham would need 11 from 6 difficult games (and to beat our GD)

So 7 from 5 to be 99% sure, 8 from 5 to put down a real marker for next year's title race. That said I'm hoping for 71 as it will mean the Italian Sky Fairy maintains a 2 points per game average ;o)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:03 am

colonel_muck wrote:we are so close now, its so exciting, hopefully spurs will get twatted by the arse, we'll do U***d and by the time tottenham come to town it will all be over

That would be the perfect scenario. Spurs getting destroyed by Arsenal, making it 3 losses in a row, us beating United next weekend, Spurs losing their games against United and Chelsea as well... I reckon we can have 4th sealed up before we even play Spurs.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:15 am

Five more wins should do the trick. We might even get third.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sweenyuk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 am

68 points would see Bobby Manc get the sack, Mr Cook's target for season is 70 points :-)

I now really want Bobby Manc as next seasons Manager, he has got the current squad working together and knows where we need strengthening for next season. I am getting more excited about next season than the Derby right now....
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:23 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Five more wins should do the trick. We might even get third.

That´s more like it.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Return to The Maine Football forum