New strikers.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New strikers.

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 am

I think what we have atm was good enough for this season.

However with more games coming next year I think we need one more.

Fuck off Benj, Jo & Boj though.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 am

Great as he's playing now, can we rely on Ade not to go mental or hit a confidence drought? Will Tevez definitely score 30 goals next season or will he get 10- 15?

If we don't sign one top striker we're gambling with failure imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 am

maybe say goodbye to santa cruz and bring someone of higher quality in. surely he's going to be the one to go out of our top 3?
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 am

we need to offload the real dead weight i.e. Jo and Benjani
I don't think we should get rid of RSC, he is happy to warm the bench and I think having 5 top strikers (if you include bellars) is good if we're in the champs league - I would keep RSC, although I do think they will move him on
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 am

Blimey there´s some funny stuff being talked in this thread. Ade and Tevez have clicked so apparently we should;

1)Go for a prodigy?
2) Stick with 3 strikers (all of whom have been unavailable for long periods)?
3) Get some bloke at the end of his career?

Get with it chaps. We are talking about possibly competing for the title in the world´s toughest league, possibly competing for title of top team in Europe, and playing a lot more matches than this season.

So 3 strikers just wont do. And if you want to win anything you need to be strong when Tevez is on paternity leave, when Ade is an machine-gun leave, and when RSC is on sick leave. Prodigies and old fellas just wont cut it.

We need to build from the top, not ´squad´strikers. Tevez plays too many games anyway. We need to add at least 1, probably 2 top strikers and there will still be room for all.

Forget prodigies, old men and academies, unless someone is up to the required class.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Tony P » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:27 pm

john@staustell wrote:Tevez is on paternity leave, when Ade is an machine-gun leave, and when RSC is on sick leave.

PMSL
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:33 pm

john@staustell wrote:Blimey there´s some funny stuff being talked in this thread. Ade and Tevez have clicked so apparently we should;

1)Go for a prodigy?

Get with it chaps. We are talking about possibly competing for the title in the world´s toughest league, possibly competing for title of top team in Europe, and playing a lot more matches than this season.

So 3 strikers just wont do. And if you want to win anything you need to be strong when Tevez is on paternity leave, when Ade is an machine-gun leave, and when RSC is on sick leave. Prodigies and old fellas just wont cut it.

We need to build from the top, not ´squad´strikers. Tevez plays too many games anyway. We need to add at least 1, probably 2 top strikers and there will still be room for all.

Forget prodigies, old men and academies, unless someone is up to the required class.

Hold on hold on mate.

Before we go any further, tell us the striking options of the former big four, who have been both competing in and winning both domestically and in Europe?
Original Dub

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 pm

most of the "big four" teams had better striking options last season - they now have less options, end result, no english team in the final 4 of the champs league for the first time in ages
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Blimey there´s some funny stuff being talked in this thread. Ade and Tevez have clicked so apparently we should;

1)Go for a prodigy?

Hold on hold on mate.

Before we go any further, tell us the striking options of the former big four, who have been both competing in and winning both domestically and in Europe?

When the rags had a full compliment of striking options they won the Chumps lg. None of the others have had the same choices apart from Chelsea briefly under Mourinho & none have won it apart from jammy scousers. They also all have 20 goal per season midfielders.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I reckon RSC is ideal for the 'not rocking the boat' reasons. If he hadn't had his head turned wouldn't young Sturridge have been just the job for the 4th striking role? And with that in mind does there need to be room for Nimely and/or Mak?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:49 pm

As good as RSC is his injury record this season shows us we need a replacement just in case we do lose Ade or Tevez. We definetly need a new striker IMO and a world class one like Villa would just add to our goals.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Vhero wrote:As good as RSC is his injury record this season shows us we need a replacement just in case we do lose Ade or Tevez. We definetly need a new striker IMO and a world class one like Villa would just add to our goals.

Yeah you're right mate. Forget the rest of the thread, lets get Villa & Torres and that way if Ade and Tevez get injured, or we're playing in a cup, Villa and Torres can get a run out and they'd do a damn good job too I reckon.
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Benzema and one other.

Thanks.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Benzema and one other.

Thanks.

Again, not a bad shout. Someone who either hasn't yet done enough to expect to be playing every week, or someone who's done it all but knows he won't be playing every week.

And it was mentioned that although some of the teams I mentioned have similar striking options to what I'm suggesting we have, they have great goal scoring midfielders.

Well maybe that's what this thread should be asking for then - a truely great attacking midfielder. Gerrard?
Original Dub

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Tevez, Ade and Roque are all solid starters but as has been mentioned by many posters on here, if we have league, league cup, fa cup and europe to compete in, 3 strikers won't be enough, a long term injury to 1 or 2 of them and the whole season could go to pot!

We need to add one world/top class striker and either one older experienced forward or young up and coming talent to guarantee the ability to compete to win every competition we enter next season.

If i could pick, i'd break the bank for Torres and swap Robby for Neymar. Simples.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Benzema and one other.

Thanks.

Again, not a bad shout. Someone who either hasn't yet done enough to expect to be playing every week, or someone who's done it all but knows he won't be playing every week.

And it was mentioned that although some of the teams I mentioned have similar striking options to what I'm suggesting we have, they have great goal scoring midfielders.

Well maybe that's what this thread should be asking for then - a truely great attacking midfielder. Gerrard?

Please not Gerrard I been watching all year since the wifes a bin dipper fan and he looking a shade of the player he used to be and partly the reason they been doing so bad this season. Maybe it's because he needs quality like Alonso to work with or because he's getting older but I honestly think he's getting past it plus that lad is Mr Bin Dipper and won't ever leave there anyways.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum