Who is missing Petrov?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who is missing Petrov?

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:49 am

I think it's safe to return to one of my old hobby horses at the mo.
So now we have seen what a proper winger looks like for a while, yer know, running at full backs, taking them on and going past them etc, when was the last time anybody thought, "Blimey we miss Petrov"?
He'd be third choice as our lefty now surely.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: Who is missing Petrov?

Postby Grob » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 am

While we are winning I dont miss him.

There are better players in the squad than Petrov now in his position, plus hes getting older. Time to move on.

He did well for us though in my opinion. Just a shame he was a liability defensivly.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:12 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I think it's safe to return to one of my old hobby horses at the mo.
So now we have seen what a proper winger looks like for a while, yer know, running at full backs, taking them on and going past them etc, when was the last time anybody thought, "Blimey we miss Petrov"?

You.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:18 am

wouldnt of minded having him on the bench yesterday, would of been perfect replacing bellers insteadof swp(how terrible was he?)
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I think it's safe to return to one of my old hobby horses at the mo.

You.

ha ha. Good point Ted. Nobody to tut and shake my head at.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 am

I think Petrov is a perfect squad player but doubt whether he would be happy staying if he isn't likely to play much. The downside is that he isn't the perfect replacement for Bellamy as he can't do the working back bit but in the attacking sense he fits ther bill.

SWP seems to be going through a confidence crisis at the moment.He is seeing AJ establish himself and must be seeing his chances of playing diminish. As a comparison to AJ he doesn't seem to have as much variation going forward.AJ can go both sdies of the full back whereas SWP is really limited to going outside which is defensively manageable and of course SWP cannot play the left wing role.

Tricky situation and I wonder what Mancini thinks of Weiss.Hard to know how good he is as he hasn't figured for City and the Bolton loan hasnt really worked but maybe he will end up the the number two to AJ. Will he hang around though if he doesnt get some real game time?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 am

Have a go at somebody who isn't playing.Suppose thats pretty much par for the course.When he was playing earlier on in the season he was played on the side he is not used to, a regular starter for Bobby and we were doing quite well and he was doing what a winger does in chipping in with a few goals and assists.Same as Craig.I'm missing him.Think he would be fantastic on the bench
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Scatman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 am

Should that not be "Who is Petrov?"
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby 13021J » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:43 am

When Petrov came he was a breath of fresh air, we hadn't seen such a talented guy like that at City for a while and he quite rightly became a fans favourite. He's past his peak now and we have moved on, Johnson is a better version, and his contract is up so I think he'll be moved on. Bit of a shame but I dont think he wants to be a bit part player!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Mike J » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 am

no he is shite. and a complete wimp.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sandman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:50 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think Petrov is a perfect squad player but doubt whether he would be happy staying if he isn't likely to play much. The downside is that he isn't the perfect replacement for Bellamy as he can't do the working back bit but in the attacking sense he fits ther bill.

I totally agree with this, he is a great squad player but we'd need a stronger left back than we have for him to work at the level we are now at, he was perfect for the side 12 months ago and I stuck up for him when others gave him unfair criticism, but now I believe he should be used in the FA and Carling Cups to give Bellamy the rest he needs for the Champions League and Premiership.

I still believe he is a good player who could hold his own, but we need to look at players good enough for where we want to be, not just where we are now.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think Petrov is a perfect squad player but doubt whether he would be happy staying if he isn't likely to play much. The downside is that he isn't the perfect replacement for Bellamy as he can't do the working back bit but in the attacking sense he fits ther bill.

SWP seems to be going through a confidence crisis at the moment.He is seeing AJ establish himself and must be seeing his chances of playing diminish. As a comparison to AJ he doesn't seem to have as much variation going forward.AJ can go both sdies of the full back whereas SWP is really limited to going outside which is defensively manageable and of course SWP cannot play the left wing role.

Tricky situation and I wonder what Mancini thinks of Weiss.Hard to know how good he is as he hasn't figured for City and the Bolton loan hasnt really worked but maybe he will end up the the number two to AJ. Will he hang around though if he doesnt get some real game time?

Petrov doesn't fit the team idea which I think (hope) Mancini has in mind; to put plenty attacking players in the team but get them to graft & work back to make up for the lack of defensive ones (which incidentally I believe was exactly the plan Les also had). Petrov & Robinho have been given plenty of chances to show whether they could do it don't fit the bill for that team. Unfortunately Ireland has also struggled with it & like those two, can't find a position.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 am

I think Stephen Ireland has been missing Petrov. The two of them have quite a good understanding on the field.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 am

Rag_hater wrote:Have a go at somebody who isn't playing.Suppose thats pretty much par for the course.When he was playing earlier on in the season he was played on the side he is not used to, a regular starter for Bobby and we were doing quite well and he was doing what a winger does in chipping in with a few goals and assists.Same as Craig.I'm missing him.Think he would be fantastic on the bench

You say you see things differently to others, but mate you go against the norm on absolutely every single issue and that to me says you just like an argument.

For the record, I think Petrov is a useful option on the bench but to say he is the same as Bellamy is absolute total HORSESHIT and well you know it.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Have a go at somebody who isn't playing.Suppose thats pretty much par for the course.When he was playing earlier on in the season he was played on the side he is not used to, a regular starter for Bobby and we were doing quite well and he was doing what a winger does in chipping in with a few goals and assists.Same as Craig.I'm missing him.Think he would be fantastic on the bench

You say you see things differently to others, but mate you go against the norm on absolutely every single issue and that to me says you just like an argument.

For the record, I think Petrov is a useful option on the bench but to say he is the same as Bellamy is absolute total HORSESHIT and well you know it.

Maybe saying Martin and Craig are the same is Horseshit because one doesn't walk around the pitch swearing at all that moves(its probably what endears him to the real men).Personally I prefer watching people playing the game.
However I think Martins corner taking,free kick taking and crossing is better than Craig's hence making him more effective when he is fit.
Craig has the place now whilst Martin is unfit but Bobby seems to like what Martin brings to the game by looking at the number of games he started ahead of Craig when he was fit and I think he will be back in the team when he gets back to full fitness.I will be glad to see him cos as daft as it may seem to you I think he is better than Craig.I think Craig is very good but not as good as Martin.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 pm

I completely forgot about guy until yesterday when for some reason I actually thought about him myself which was weird that this topic was actually brought up. Must be a City thing.. Would be good to have on the bench I guess but we do have better and younger players ahead of him and it shows how far we have come. Will fit nicely into a mid table side though next year if we don't fancy holding onto him..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Not me, like others have said i wouldn't mind having him on the bench but that's about it.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:12 pm

He would be great for a team coming up like WBA, if they could get him on a pay as you play deal.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

The thought of Petrov bombing down the left and Wright-Phillips bombing down the right to whip in crosses for the head of Santa Cruz or Adebayor was exciting. Two great Wingers would be awesome. It's never really happened though!

Right now, I'm not missing Petrov because A. Johnson has been a more than able replacement. He seems to have a little more to his game than simply running at Players and whipping in a cross. I also noticed him regularly using his left foot whilst being on the right side of the pitch yesterday. Something to force opposition Defenders in to making a choice over. i.e. Will he cross it in or run in to the Box. Options.

Instinct says Petrov will want regular Football. All it takes is an injury to Bellamy and he's in contention - but I get the impression he'll move on in the Summer.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:41 pm

I am.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net