Yesterdays Game - My 1st visit to Eastlands :-D

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Yesterdays Game - My 1st visit to Eastlands :-D

Postby TrueBlue82 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:47 am

Well went to easlands for the 1st time yesterday along with my dad, gf and a few other city mates and had a fantastic day! ground was amazing and pitch looked top-notch

my only gripe- the atmosphere: i was sat in east stand, block 101 and for the first 30 mins or so it was like a morgue around me. i was the only one cheering the lads on, my cheers of "Come on city" on my own made me feel like i was in the wrong ground!?!?!?

was much better 2nd half with alot more joining in and up on there feet but dont understand why we wait until we are 2/3-1 up before we get involved? baffled me. i was up on my feet singing blue moon when the majority of the ground was belting it out yet i was one of a few doing so in our block and surrounding area! ".. you saw me standing alone..." was very apt in this case lol!

overall though loved the day and the result made it a memorable day for all of us

met a great fellow leicester blue on the train back too, colin, top fella, a right laugh.
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: Yesterdays Game - My 1st visit to Eastlands :-D

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Nice to hear that another one has managed to pop his City cherry...well in lad...Now you have no excuse...See you next week.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby 13021J » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I took my girlfriend to the gfame yesterday for the first time since the Pearce years and she was in awe of the way we played. Such gems as: "Last time if they put three passes together everyone got excited, now you keep the ball for ages" and "Adebayor is better than Sibierski was" just reminded me how far we've come in such a short space of time.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby King Kev » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:20 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:Well went to easlands for the 1st time yesterday along with my dad, gf and a few other city mates and had a fantastic day! ground was amazing and pitch looked top-notch

my only gripe- the atmosphere: i was sat in east stand, block 101 and for the first 30 mins or so it was like a morgue around me. i was the only one cheering the lads on, my cheers of "Come on city" on my own made me feel like i was in the wrong ground!?!?!?

was much better 2nd half with alot more joining in and up on there feet but dont understand why we wait until we are 2/3-1 up before we get involved? baffled me. i was up on my feet singing blue moon when the majority of the ground was belting it out yet i was one of a few doing so in our block and surrounding area! ".. you saw me standing alone..." was very apt in this case lol!

overall though loved the day and the result made it a memorable day for all of us

met a great fellow leicester blue on the train back too, colin, top fella, a right laugh.
Glad you enjoyed it mate, hopefully you will be back again before too long?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Glad you loved it mate I went for the first time a couple of years back and its amazing when you go the first time you don't know what to expect.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:Well went to easlands for the 1st time yesterday along with my dad, gf and a few other city mates and had a fantastic day! ground was amazing and pitch looked top-notch

Truth.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Ive been going to games alot and been saying the same thing about the atmosphere, but i dont think anyone can beat us when all the fans are in good voice. But oh well what can you do..... Apart from make sure you sing your own bollocks off and if people dont like it fuck em.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby baldyblue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:27 pm

You forgot to mention how you tried to break the cleethorpes train all on your own ;-)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
baldyblue
Superman's Underpants

Postby TrueBlue82 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:53 am

baldyblue wrote:

You forgot to mention how you tried to break the cleethorpes train all on your own ;-)

haha i did indeed, leave no man or woman behind, even if i did almost get crushed by the train doors!! lol
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Return to The Maine Football forum