Big Nige knows whats needed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Big Nige knows whats needed

Postby psut1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:14 pm

A little piece from his interview on the os
"It would be nice to damage their prospects, but at the same time we have to focus on what we do. Our goal is to secure fourth place, [highlight]anything extra to damage United is nice[/highlight] but we have to focus on ourselves, but we are going to go right to the very end of the season, I can promise that."
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Re: Big Nige knows whats needed

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Revenge would be fucking sweet mate they destroyed our cup dreams this season and the chance to destroy there hopes at the prem title? That would be bitter fucking sweet! I hope we either destroy them or do em in the last minute.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 13021J » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Big Nige knows whats needed...a couple of world class midfielders to ensure he is only a bit part player next season? Harsh?
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:11 pm

13021J wrote:Big Nige knows whats needed...a couple of world class midfielders to ensure he is only a bit part player next season? Harsh?

Im not his biggest fan mate but I actually liked the way he played yesterday.....I counted numerous balls from him that went FORWARD.

The penny has dropped it seems.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
13021J wrote:Big Nige knows whats needed...a couple of world class midfielders to ensure he is only a bit part player next season? Harsh?

Im not his biggest fan mate but I actually liked the way he played yesterday.....I counted numerous balls from him that went FORWARD.

He seemed a lot more assured, but that's probably because he knew he couldn't do his usual terrier-like tackling and he had to be more intelligent, using the space and passing to not have to commit in his usual manner.
Original Dub

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

This. Coupled with the training reports from Dough which seem to suggest that Mancini is working with De Jong on his passing make me believe that want to add another dimension to his game.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby 13021J » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Lets be realistic playing against Bowyer and Ferguson isn't exactly Iniesta and Xavi, and Barry and everyone else was on fire so it was a pretty easy afternoon for him. Hopefully Vieira is an option for sat because I feel he offers more going forward because his rangeof passing is greater. It is a position we are sadly lacking talent/depth ath the moment though.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Slim » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Next weekend was the game I believe Nige was being saved for. He was wasted against Birmingham as they were not pushing through the centre at all, even with a fit Vieira I would be playing de Jong against the filth.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Sounds like the extra working in Training has paid off. Remember, Vieira was going to play instead of him to prevent De Jong from picking up a 2 Match suspension courtesy of a yellow card. He'll thrive in our next two Matches.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:47 am

Slim wrote:Next weekend was the game I believe Nige was being saved for. He was wasted against Birmingham as they were not pushing through the centre at all, even with a fit Vieira I would be playing de Jong against the filth.

I agree. I think he will be in the team for Arsenal too.

It would appeal to my sense of the absurd if NdJ scored v the filth.

@ the OP. Big Nige? He is five foot eight.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 am

Does this feller have his own media agency or something? Not a week goes by without De Jong's 'twitter update'.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:53 am

I know you're a bit sick of it Antii, but I don't really give a rat's fuck what they say as long as they do the business on the pitch. Only time it bugs me is when they harp on about being fired up for a game and then perform like they did against Everton.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum