The top 5 strikers/mids in world football right now

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Top 5 strikers/midfielders in world football right now?

Messi
20%
Ibrahimovich
1%
Rooney
16%
Tevez
12%
Lampard
1%
Gerrard
0%
Iniesta
4%
Xavi
11%
Drogba
5%
Anelka
No votes
Fabregas
4%
Torres
11%
Villa
5%
Eto'o
0%
Ronaldo
6%
Higuain
1%
Benzema
No votes
Ribery
2%
Kaka
1%
Alonso
1%
Arshavin
1%
Adebayor
0%
Totti
0%

Total votes : 380

Re: The top 5 strikers/mids in world football right now

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:That list, whilst having some clear favourites, also has a few votes for other players.

The fact that you've made several posts in this thread without listing your top five is a strange one.

Perhaps you should confine yourself to only posting in a thread when you know what your posting is actually a contribution, rather than a pile of shite whose only purpose is to pick holes in a harmless list.

If you thought for one second I was going to list 100 players around the world, then you must think I have absolutely no "actual stuff" to do.

I listed who I felt to be amongst the favourites. Like I said to you when you first started crying, please feel free to tell the rest of the class the players that would make your top five that aren't in my list?

you lost me at crying.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Original Dub wrote:That list, whilst having some clear favourites, also has a few votes for other players.

The fact that you've made several posts in this thread without listing your top five is a strange one.

Perhaps you should confine yourself to only posting in a thread when you know what your posting is actually a contribution, rather than a pile of shite whose only purpose is to pick holes in a harmless list.

If you thought for one second I was going to list 100 players around the world, then you must think I have absolutely no "actual stuff" to do.

I listed who I felt to be amongst the favourites. Like I said to you when you first started crying, please feel free to tell the rest of the class the players that would make your top five that aren't in my list?

you lost me at crying.

Ah shit.

I meant whimpering. Definitely whimpering.
Original Dub

Postby Supervhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:55 pm

what about Stephen Hunt or Jimmy Bullard? They are having great seasons i think just my opinion and that guy with the throw ins from Stoke must have 20 assists should be a record right by now id think maybe not but you get my point theres even players we wouldnt think of who are having amazing seasons not just the big names
Changed my AVATAR for Vhero! I'm sorry mate i didn't realize it was you in that pic! haha. But i am STILL Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Look, up in the sky...it's just me here to save the day! hahaha. JK.
Supervhero
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Supervhero wrote:what about [size=200]Stephen Hunt or Jimmy Bullard[/size]? They are having great seasons i think just my opinion and that guy with the throw ins from Stoke must have 20 assists should be a record right by now id think maybe not but you get my point theres even players we wouldnt think of who are having amazing seasons not just the big names

Are they any good on FIFA 2010?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 pm

Messi, Rooney, Tevez, Xavi, Torres for me.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Supervhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Supervhero wrote:what about [size=200]Stephen Hunt or Jimmy Bullard[/size]? They are having great seasons i think just my opinion and that guy with the throw ins from Stoke must have 20 assists should be a record right by now id think maybe not but you get my point theres even players we wouldnt think of who are having amazing seasons not just the big names

Are they any good on FIFA 2010?

jesus, size much? haha get it
Changed my AVATAR for Vhero! I'm sorry mate i didn't realize it was you in that pic! haha. But i am STILL Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Look, up in the sky...it's just me here to save the day! hahaha. JK.
Supervhero
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Supervhero wrote:what about Stephen Hunt or Jimmy Bullard? They are having great seasons i think just my opinion and that guy with the throw ins from Stoke must have 20 assists should be a record right by now id think maybe not but you get my point theres even players we wouldnt think of who are having amazing seasons not just the big names

Are you serious? Im not biting anyway.....

Messi Rooney Xavi Torres and drogba, had forgotten about fake ronaldo who if im thinking rationally should be on the list prob ahead of sicknote torres!:)
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:26 pm

I voted Messi, Villa, Torres, Rooney and Fabregas. A year or two ago I would have voted Totti too, but now having had to do without him for long parts of the last few seasons Roma have learned how to do well without him thanks to the rise of other players, Vucinic above everyone else, so Totti's importance, while still great, has decreased a bit.

Actually I didn't even spot Tevez otherwise I would have voted for him for sure, if we're still in the race for fourth it's thanks to him, he dragged us in many games.

Original Dub wrote:
He is indeed mate, and he's doing well this season, scoring his usual "better than one in two" ratio.

I think Roma are top of Serie A now too?

Yeah, top of the table, take that Jose!!! :D

Yesterday at the final whistle the Olimpico was pure madness, I tell you, ahah

As for Totti, yep, still playing although this season he's been injured a lot. He's 33 and wants to play for other five seasons, I doubt he will though.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Over the past 12 months; Messi, Rooney, Tevez, Xavi, Iniesta.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 pm

So as it stands after 300 odd votes its

1)Messi
2)Rooney
3)Tevez
4)Xavi
5)Ronaldo

I know I confused a few people with that list because I didn't include players from shitter leagues and I left out defenders and goalkeepers (none of whom I believe would make the top 5 in world football this season), but I think most grasped it.

Whatever your list was, I reckon Tevez would be on most neutrals' list... in fact he could well make the top 5 when the real awards come out and I can't remember the last time a City player was on that list?
Original Dub

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:I reckon Tevez would be on most neutrals' list

disagree.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby edge275 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Messi
Ronaldo
Torres
Xavi
Iniesta

Probably in that order too.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I reckon Tevez would be on most neutrals' list

disagree.

And your list was?

And around and around we go :)

I think he'll be ont he shortlist for most major awards this year. I don't know why you feel he won't.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum