Ade retires...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ade retires...

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:42 pm

from internationals.

saw this coming tbh

Emmanual Adebayor has today announced that he is to retire from international football.

In a statement released to www.mcfc.co.uk the 26-year-old declared:

“Following the tragic events during January’s African Cup of Nations, in which two of my fellow countrymen were killed by terrorists in Angola, I have made the very difficult decision to retire from international football.

I have weighed up my feelings in the weeks and months since the attack, and I am still haunted by the events which I witnessed on that horrible afternoon on the Togo team bus. We were just footballers going to play a football match and represent our country, yet we were attacked by people who wanted to kill us all. It is a moment I will never forget and one I never want to experience again.

For nine years I have played for the Togo team and, despite the events in Angola, I have some very good memories of my international career. I feel very proud to have been trusted with the position of captain of the Togolese football team. Leading your country in international competition is the ultimate honour for any player.

Togo have some very talented players, and I dearly hope the players who remain will be able to put their memories of Angola behind them and go onto be a success for the nation. I have enormous belief in each and every one of them, players, coaches, staff and their families.

The people who were on that coach together will forever be joined by a special bond - we are all brothers. I will always have the team and the people of Togo close to my heart and wish them every success in the challenges that they will face in the future.”

soz Mark Blue Army!
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Ade retires...

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Fair play to him.
If I got shot at walking down the street, odds are I wouldn't walk down that street again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Can completely understand this and from a City perspective I am glad as well because now we won't lose him for a month again.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Supervhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:48 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Fair play to him.
If I got shot at walking down the street, odds are I wouldn't walk down that street again.

mate, i hate correcting people when they are wrong but he was on a bus so maybe get your facts straight next time
Changed my AVATAR for Vhero! I'm sorry mate i didn't realize it was you in that pic! haha. But i am STILL Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Look, up in the sky...it's just me here to save the day! hahaha. JK.
Supervhero
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Supervhero wrote:

mate, i hate correcting people when they are wrong but he was on a bus so maybe get your facts straight next time

PMSL. Nice username!!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Supervhero wrote:

He wasn't trying to say Ade got shot at walking down the street, He was saying if someone had shot at HIM he wouldnt walk down the street any more.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Supervhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Supervhero wrote:

He wasn't trying to say Ade got shot at walking down the street, He was saying if someone had shot at HIM he wouldnt walk down the street any more.

my bad it just sounded like he had this idea it was like a gunfight or something in the street and somehow it was the way he worded it by saying like "down the street" i took it literally to mean he got shot at in the street which we all know didnt even happen even pirates arent that stupid they try and use the element of surprise and ninja skills or whatever to get the upper hand. Has anyone ever read the Art of War by Son Chzu? i'm reading it now after i finsished 48 Laws of Power and its pretty bang on stuff when it comes to fighting and revenge and i think would help any football recover if they got shot at in the street, which i know didnt happen like i said but i'm just using the example that the poster gave as an example
Changed my AVATAR for Vhero! I'm sorry mate i didn't realize it was you in that pic! haha. But i am STILL Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Look, up in the sky...it's just me here to save the day! hahaha. JK.
Supervhero
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Supervhero wrote:Has anyone ever read the Art of War by Son Chzu?

mate, i hate correcting people when they are wrong but it's Sun Tzu so maybe you should get your facts straight next time.
The Man In Blue

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:08 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Supervhero wrote:

PMSL. Nice username!!!

Not really can't believe he's back (been gone for many many good months) :( I know it's another user on here still cannot figure out who it is yet. Maybe an admin can shine a light on that though.. Probably RIG though considering some of his posts...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Fair play to him. Tbh i would've done the same, no point putting yourself in harms way when realistically Togo play for nothing other than pride.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Vhero wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
Supervhero wrote:

PMSL. Nice username!!!

Not really can't believe he's back (been gone for many many good months) :( I know it's another user on here still cannot figure out who it is yet. Maybe an admin can shine a light on that though.. Probably RIG though considering some of his posts...

I think it's David Cross mate.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Supervhero wrote:

I'm pretty sure I read that it was Rooney that shot at him while he was walking down the street because he heard about him and Coleeeeeeen having a baby together. Can anyone confirm this? Daily Mail/Mirror?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Lee_R » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:20 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
Supervhero wrote:

I'm pretty sure I read that it was Rooney that shot at him while he was walking down the street because he heard about him and Coleeeeeeen having a baby together. Can anyone confirm this? Daily Mail/Mirror?

Ouch! Thats is fucking naughty mate!!... Ade would never shag that battered tart.
Lee_R

My favourite player is: David White

Postby King Kev » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:22 pm

I was just watching yesterday's game again and remarked to the missus how great it was to see Ade enjoying his football again, then I turned on to SkySports News to find out this!

I crying shame but totally understandable.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Lee_R » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:25 pm

King Kev wrote:I was just watching yesterday's game again and remarked to the missus how great it was to see Ade enjoying his football again, then I turned on to SkySports News to find out this!

Spot on.. big smile on his face too! I hope he can get on with his football now and in turn that City benefit from his commitment.
Lee_R

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:42 pm

King Kev wrote:I was just watching yesterday's game again and remarked to the missus how great it was to see Ade enjoying his football again, then I turned on to SkySports News to find out this!

I sad too
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:03 pm

The way the African football authorities treated them probably has a lot to do with it, I would tell them to shove their tournament. He's obviously enjoying playing for us so lets hope he continues to feel the same & has a great career.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The way the African football authorities treated them probably has a lot to do with it, I would tell them to shove their tournament. He's obviously enjoying playing for us so lets hope he continues to feel the same & has a great career.

what with all the excitment recently this has gone below the radar to some extent. As mentioned it was perhaps forseeable especially given the response of the authorities to Togo.

The main point for City is that we no longer lose him for a month.. and that is one hell of a plus, not only from him physically missing but also the mental aspect. He can now concentrate on City and his carreer with us 100% and i think that is something really important for us. He is one ace player and the more he gets into life winning with City the more we are all going to love him. all good
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum