a ticker tape welcome against u@t [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: a ticker tape welcome against u@t [merged]

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:22 pm

I was only messin about with the initial piss take. I know were all blues together, but its the fact that other blues match day experience is harmed by others. I can drag up countless 'atmosphere' threads on here with people saying that they actually feel ashamed to sing at a match because of the looks of disgust / comments they get. I wouldn't go that far, but I know exactly where there coming from.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ashton287 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm

my fucking streamers havent turned up yet, if they dont turn up today then its a few bags of andrex for me, were sat in 101 so we'll be taking a walk upto 111 for pre match singing and the throwing of shit
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm

comon people, this going to look fantastic if we can get it right, plus it will show whos fans know how to put a show on for the sky camaras
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby simon12 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:comon people, this going to look fantastic if we can get it right, plus it will show whos fans know how to put a show on for the sky camaras

Got mine this afternoon pal. Most party shops do them. 99p a go. CB stand wont know whats hit it.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:10 pm

You guys do what you have to to make it fucking special. I have not been this excited over a derby....well that's a lie, every single one of them this season but this one could be fucking epic.

My mates are coming around for dinner with the kids and I wouldn't want them to be beaten on the ride home afterwards, would you?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:09 pm

We all getting on this? Im in CB, might have to cut up a shit load of paper. Not got time to go to the shops and the white toilet paper i have is shit?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Nick wrote:We all getting on this? Im in CB, might have to cut up a shit load of paper. Not got time to go to the shops and the white toilet paper i have is shit?

Is that what you call being ironic?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mancity_trigger » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:32 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:comon people, this going to look fantastic if we can get it right, plus it will show whos fans know how to put a show on for the sky camaras

well said, don't forget to tell other blues who are going to the match, spread the word in the boozers tonight.

Not all blues are members of the City forums ;)
mancity_trigger
Superman's Underpants

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:33 am

The club have arranged for streamers to be available (free) in the ground, including at some entrances.

If this works, it's going to look brilliant!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ashton287 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:47 am

King Kev wrote:The club have arranged for streamers to be available (free) in the ground, including at some entrances.

brilliant iv only spent like £15 on streamers but yeah, any idea which entrances
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:49 am

ashton287 wrote:
King Kev wrote:The club have arranged for streamers to be available (free) in the ground, including at some entrances.

brilliant iv only spent like £15 on streamers but yeah, any idea which entrances
Well at least you will have more streamers than other people ;o)

Entances to East Stand will have bins of streamers from what I understand although I expect there will be stuff all over the ground.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:07 pm

It was a bit shit really wasn't it.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:38 pm

King Kev wrote:It was a bit shit really wasn't it.

It was pretty good in the family stand as the majority seemed to start off from there. As first attempts go it wasn't bad
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 pm

So, how did this turn out??

Was it a one off, or will it be something that we're goin to try and keep goin so it gets fans pumped up for the games ahead??
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Dazzacity wrote:So, how did this turn out??

Was it a one off, or will it be something that we're goin to try and keep goin so it gets fans pumped up for the games ahead??

As KK said, it was a bit shit, given the hype some on the thread had given it.

As for all the efforts of the people who started this thread, what happened? Where were the streamers, where was thew bog roll. I hardly saw anything coming out of the Colin Bell stand. All it ended up with was a pretty pointless load of tickertape all over the floor for people to clear up, and it added fuck all to the atmosphere - it was still shit.

I'm afraid the only way to do something like this is to make it official and get it in the program a week or two before, like the flag days.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

As for all the efforts of the people who started this thread, what happened? Where were the streamers, where was thew bog roll. I hardly saw anything coming out of the Colin Bell stand. All it ended up with was a pretty pointless load of tickertape all over the floor for people to clear up, and it added fuck all to the atmosphere - it was still shit.

I'm afraid the only way to do something like this is to make it official and get it in the program a week or two before, like the flag days.

I think if its done properly, it would look great. I just think that we prob have too many boring fookers in the ground that would prob moan about it rather than join in.

The players have said time and time again that they want the fans to make some noise and try and be that 12th man. I travel along way and spend a hel of alot of money attending games. I just think most of the fans in the stadium are local people that buy their season tickets and just attend games for something to do on a Sat afternoon ,ather than actually being hardcore fans.

Like you say, I think those that want to get a good atmos goin at our games need to keep at it. It will soon catch on.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Twobob » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Looked OK from underneath it .... but aint seen it on the telly or any pics (couldnt face MOTD etc)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Dazzacity wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I think if its done properly, it would look great. I just think that we prob have too many boring fookers in the ground that would prob moan about it rather than join in.

The players have said time and time again that they want the fans to make some noise and try and be that 12th man. I travel along way and spend a hel of alot of money attending games. I just think most of the fans in the stadium are local people that buy their season tickets and just attend games for something to do on a Sat afternoon ,ather than actually being hardcore fans.

Like you say, I think those that want to get a good atmos goin at our games need to keep at it. It will soon catch on.

I'm sure there are a lot who are as you say, just going for something to do on a Saturday. Surprised me though, I got there and the lad who comes with us with his son, 1st year as an ST holder and I would have had him in that category. He doesnt go on forums, and tbh doesn't even really support city, and he usually turns up 10 minutes after kick off - but he was there an hour before the game with bags full of stuff handing it out all around us which really surprised me. He is not a singer or a shouter, but perhaps that was a way he felt him and his son could get involved?

As craig has said, the family stand did make an effort, but in terms of a spectacle, it was only what you could see in the immediate 10m in front of you. Had we got involved with the bog roll etc, would have been great, but - it is a safety hazard, particularly from our seat on the back row of the 2nd tier.

As much as I hate flag days, as kids usually try and poke my eyes out with them and you cant see the bloody match, it is a much better spectacle, gets people on their feet - particularly the kids who may usually stay quiet, and the club should perhaps encourage this as a permanent way to get things going and make it look a bit more than 45,000 boring cunts sat with their arms folded expecting a 5.0 win.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ashton287 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:28 pm

like someone has already said it looked ok from underneath it all, deleted it off my sky + without even thinking to watch it when i got home so not sure what it looked like to everyone else
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum