a ticker tape welcome against u@t [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: a ticker tape welcome against u@t

Postby s1ty m » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Dazzacity wrote:
CITYSTEVEDON wrote:Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: If not under cover, I will be following the Blues. Wrighty Wrexham wrote:
Dont know whether this has been asked but how is the ticker tape show going to start? ;)

When the players come out the tunnel?

When they break after shaking hands?

Is someone going to shout NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

THE TIME IS WHEN THE PLAYERS APPEAR OUT OF THE TUNNEL.
It should carry on for a good min or so if not longer, the cameras hopefully will then move around as they normally do and have the ES in full view.

-- Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:02 am --

Can I just ask what some one has PM'd me , if you have any younger fans with you, can you make sure in the excitment they don't start throwing the stuff early, like when they first get in. This is a real opportunty for our younger fans to have a great time and be really involved in something hopefully special.

Nick

-- Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm --

JULES wrote:
co op bog roll for me, think I will get blue as there will be a lot of white around, does anyone believe I will get in carrying a gross?

I will be around 308 and stairwell giving out some A4 size bags of Ticker Tape/Paper for throwing on Sat, there should be enough for 3 or 4 hand fulls in each bag so if you take one off me hand it around in your area, I am hoping to put at least 50 bags together so 200 fans should have stuff to throw, I will have about 40 blue streamers, these are 81 foot long and I will hand these out in ES L3 307 /308 area.

Nick

-- Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:18 pm --

As above

-- Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:19 pm --

Any news from the other sites anyone know?

-- Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:56 pm --

Jordie wrote:
I always remember Argentina doing this at the 78 world cup final and it looked absolutely fantastic in blue and white, there must have been thousands of them all got thrown in sequence as the players came out. It would be an unforgetable sight if we could get this right.

We just might !!!!

i think,if it goes to plan, its going to look fantastic

What site are these messages from? Was only the other day on here that we were on about ways of gettin the atmos up to its best at eastlands..Id like to see more organising like this for every game...You should set something up so more and more will join in for up comin games.

Oh!! and Iv just noticed Iv passed the 2000 mark on my posts

congratulations!
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby mancity_trigger » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Spread the word lads, if pleanty join in this could be spectacular, if they don't we are going to look silly ;(
mancity_trigger
Superman's Underpants

Postby bluechester » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 pm

mancity_trigger wrote:Spread the word lads, if pleanty join in this could be spectacular, if they don't we are going to look silly ;(

true this could look awsome, or some shit andrex advert, come on lets get behind this one, or we will look right tits
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby ruralblue » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 am

Hate to be the miserable cunt who pisses on a bonfire but I want to watch the game. If we did it to the extent of Racing I could just well imagine the FA abandoning the game and awarding the scum bastards 3 points.

After we have taken them to the cleaners and won the match fair play, but how or who cleans that shit up??
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 am

typical, when im sat in the colin bell for this one as the day seats went on sale i was told EVERY SINGLE seat in the east stand was sold out, even single seats... I smelt bullshit!

Have the colin bell stand got too many books to read and prawn sandwiches to unrap to join in ;-)..... They remind me of when i watched england v hungary at the swamp and the whole main stand wouldnt join in the mexican waves and kept getting booed lol.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby simon12 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am

Nick wrote:typical, when im sat in the colin bell for this one as the day seats went on sale i was told EVERY SINGLE seat in the east stand was sold out, even single seats... I smelt bullshit!

Have the colin bell stand got too many books to read and prawn sandwiches to unrap to join in ;-)..... They remind me of when i watched england v hungary at the swamp and the whole main stand wouldnt join in the mexican waves and kept getting booed lol.

I`ll have you know we`re nails in CB stand mate.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Nick wrote:typical, when im sat in the colin bell for this one as the day seats went on sale i was told EVERY SINGLE seat in the east stand was sold out, even single seats... I smelt bullshit!

Iv heard rumours that the bingo boys are goin to storm the Colin Bell if they dont join in..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Ticker tape and streamer welcome on Saturday

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Apparently there is going to be a huge ticker tape and streamer welcome on saturday as the players come out of the tunnel, like the 1978 world cup final in Argentina.

Just been out and bought a few packs of paper from PC World, this is going to be immense!!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Ticker tape and streamer welcome on Saturday

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:09 pm

no shit mate?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Fuck me, I thought I was slow ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Nothing on first 3 pages.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:29 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Nothing on first 3 pages.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31690

3rd topic on second page.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bluechester » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 pm

is anyone else looking forward to this, reckon it could be a first in england, the new bova junoirs, tevez will feel at home, if done properly will look top
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Nige » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Dazzacity wrote:

Iv heard rumours that the bingo boys are goin to storm the Colin Bell if they dont join in..

Nick your a lunatic who still thinks it's 1980. If you want to stand up all game and have a shit view by a ST in the South Stand. Don't go accusing me of being a book reading prawn eating geek. Lets hope you are as keen as we all are when the scattering of Munes show themselves at half time on the concourse etc. I'll be at the bar in 324 if you want to come and sample my lack of joining in. Purple Fred Perry tracksuit top.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Dazzacity wrote:

The Bingo Boys may just run into trouble ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Nige wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

Nick your a lunatic who still thinks it's 1980. If you want to stand up all game and have a shit view by a ST in the South Stand. Don't go accusing me of being a book reading prawn eating geek. Lets hope you are as keen as we all are when the scattering of Munes show themselves at half time on the concourse etc. I'll be at the bar in 324 if you want to come and sample my lack of joining in. Purple Fred Perry tracksuit top.

Why don't you just wear a pink rose ;-/

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: a ticker tape welcome against u@t [merged]

Postby mancity_trigger » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:32 am

I know this is from the Bluemoon forum, but we are all Blues, hopefully as many blues as possible will get behind the idea and it makes for a truly great atmosphere and start to a great day and hopefully a City victory.

Come on guys just take a couple of bog rolls and some ripped up paper! as stated before this could look spectaculur or make us look very silly (although with the plans and numbers now involved i think the latter is unlikely) so keep spreading the word and dont just leave it to others.
mancity_trigger
Superman's Underpants

Re: a ticker tape welcome against u@t [merged]

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:19 am

I see this stuff is really cheap. Those that are goin, need to get hold of bag loads of this stuff to hand out to those that may not be in the know. Im really lookin forward to this and I hope it takes off and turns into something we do for every game. It must be a buzz being a City player and running out that every game.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:26 am

Nige wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

Far from it mate, im a 21 year old student who just actually has passion for my team. Im not into the brawling. Each to there own, but if you want to come to city and not support your team, I say you might aswell watch it on tv. The south stand sounds like it has gone shit to me by the way, bar sunday.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Nick wrote:
Nige wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

Far from it mate, im a 21 year old student who just actually has passion for my team. Im not into the brawling. Each to there own, but if you want to come to city and not support your team, I say you might aswell watch it on tv. The south stand sounds like it has gone shit to me by the way, bar sunday.

everyone shows their support in different ways - we are all blues together - think you should bear that in mind before slagging people off
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum