Ade hopes for positive end

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ade hopes for positive end

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor hopes he can celebrate a top-four finish at the end of 'the worst season of my life'.

The Manchester City striker stands on the verge of securing UEFA Champions League qualification, with the Blues currently leading the race.

With just five games of the season remaining Roberto Mancini's men have opened up a four-point cushion on closest challengers Tottenham, who have a match in hand, while Liverpool are a further two points back having played a game more.

Helping to fire City towards that target, Adebayor has been in electrifying form of late, taking his tally for the season to 13 with a brace in Sunday's 5-1 mauling of Birmingham.

He is delighted to be playing his part in the final push, having seen his season disrupted by injury and personal tragedy.

Adebayor was travelling on the Togo bus which came under attack at the Africa Cup of Nations, resulting in the deaths of three people, and he admits that experience has helped him to put everything else into perspective.

He said: "I am pleased with my form as this has been the worst season of my life.

"I got suspended, I got injured, I got attacked. I am just very happy on the pitch now and enjoying myself playing football.

"I am taking in every minute I can. I have my happiness back on the pitch.

"We have big confidence with some important games coming up and we are ready for them. We are scoring a lot of goals and that is good for us.

"We know it is going to be very difficult but our destiny is in our own hands.

"It is important we do everything to stay in that fourth position until the end of the season. Everyone is fighting to win games and we all have the same mentality."

Next up for City is a derby date with neighbours Manchester United and Adebayor insists the Blues cannot wait to tear into the Red Devils at Eastlands on Saturday.

"United are one of the biggest clubs in Europe, so it is going to be a nice game. These are the matches as a striker you want to play in, " he told City's official website.

"You want to play against the best defenders and the best teams. You want to test yourself.

"It is an important game for the club to see what we can do. Being at home with our fans behind us we will do our best and hopefully win the game."

skysports.com
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum