Purple Nose - Contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Purple Nose - Contract

Postby Whitefield Blue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 pm

i heard in school today that baconface's contract runs out this summer, and apparently he's hesitant over signing a new one. whats the truth in this?
Whitefield Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Re: Purple Nose - Contract

Postby Crossie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Fantasy land. The Glazors might be inbred ugly hill billies, but there not stupid. Theyd atleast make a load of empty promises.

Fergie will want to go out on a high, fortunately it looks like there big spending days are over unless they can sell big again and invest it straight back. ( although they still got 40+ mill left from Tranny right? )

I dont know whether them being taken over by the Red Knights would be a good thing or not, potentially theyd clear the debt and give huge cash boosts, on the other hand they might raise enough money to buy the club, but what then? The money soon runs out and the debts stack up quickly if you dont win big things.

Fergie leaving Old Trafford will end a long era, they wont be the same again, no chance, it will co-incide with giggs, schloes, neville, van der saar retiring, Vidic probably leaving, Owen shit, Rooney could get pissed off and go to Madrid. They'd still be up there for a few seasons, but I dont think they could last a full premier league and european season and challenge seriously.

Bring it on!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby SORTED » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Crossie wrote:Fantasy land. The Glazors might be inbred ugly hill billies, but there not stupid. Theyd atleast make a load of empty promises.

Fergie will want to go out on a high, fortunately it looks like there big spending days are over unless they can sell big again and invest it straight back. ( although they still got 40+ mill left from Tranny right? )

I dont know whether them being taken over by the Red Knights would be a good thing or not, potentially theyd clear the debt and give huge cash boosts, on the other hand they might raise enough money to buy the club, but what then? The money soon runs out and the debts stack up quickly if you dont win big things.

Fergie leaving Old Trafford will end a long era, they wont be the same again, no chance, it will co-incide with giggs, schloes, neville, van der saar retiring, Vidic probably leaving, Owen shit, Rooney could get pissed off and go to Madrid. They'd still be up there for a few seasons, but I dont think they could last a full premier league and european season and challenge seriously.

Bring it on!

I've got a semi.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Imho Baconface will do a Jock Stein they will have to carry him out of the dugout.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby walshawblue » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 pm

gillie wrote:Imho Baconface will do a Jock Stein they will have to carry him out of the dugout.

Might just happen when we beat them on Saturday and stop him winning the league.
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 am

gillie wrote:Imho Baconface will do a Jock Stein they will have to carry him out of the dugout.

I hope so - I want him still there when we are finishing higher than them - I want to see the twat squirm

I do not want the media saying that it is only because he has retired and his successor is not as good
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 am

if memory serves me right, taggart has a never ending, rolling 1 year contract so there is no end date until he decides to leave,gets sacked or pops his clogs.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 am

I honestly believe that if he doesn't win the domestic title, he will be there next season. And at this point it's no longer about the filth themselves, but about finishing his career with more titles than the scousers.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:33 am

As Crossie has already eluded to, the scum have an aging squad. They have no money to replace the old crocks and their academy just isn't up to the job. They are on the decline.

Baconface will want to go out on a high, but will soon realise that this isn't a possibility. My prediction is that he will cut his losses and bale out very soon citing medical or family reasons.

The City Is Ours.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Fish111 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:52 am

I cannot see him retiring any time soon. He wants to beat Liverpools record of league titles won and i think they are dead level at the moment on 18 each? There's life in the old bastard yet.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:55 am

Fish111 wrote:I cannot see him retiring any time soon. He wants to beat Liverpools record of league titles won and i think they are dead level at the moment on 18 each? There's life in the old bastard yet.

I think you're right. He wanted to topple Liverpool's record and win one more European Cup to make it 3. I imagine his plan was to win the Champions League last season and the Premiership this season.

There's also a huge expectation on the man who takes over his position when he leaves. If they can't afford Mourinho then they're screwed, IMHO.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Montgomery Burns » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 am

When I saw the thread title I thought it might be about someone hiring a hitman to take him out. I can dream.

To go back to the point made by the OP does Ferguson not have a 12-month rolling contract?
Montgomery Burns
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 am

Slim wrote:I honestly believe that if he doesn't win the domestic title, he will be there next season. And at this point it's no longer about the filth themselves, but about finishing his career with more titles than the scousers.

I agree - if he wins the PL this year I think that he will retire 'in glory' - but he knows the team are on the slide - I think that he will give it another go next year

That said - the egotist might just know in his heart that this team / squad at the swamp are only going one way and decide to go now when he can still bask in glory - whoever comes after is doomed to fail - and all this utter bollocks about Jose wanting the job - just media wanking - why would Jose go there with an ageing squad - 1 star and a bunch of average players and fourpence to spend
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:32 am

btajim wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I cannot see him retiring any time soon. He wants to beat Liverpools record of league titles won and i think they are dead level at the moment on 18 each? There's life in the old bastard yet.

I think you're right. He wanted to topple Liverpool's record and win one more European Cup to make it 3. I imagine his plan was to win the Champions League last season and the Premiership this season.

There's also a huge expectation on the man who takes over his position when he leaves. If they can't afford Mourinho then they're screwed, IMHO.

Wonder if Mourinho would want to try & follow Ferguson? He may have a secret 'rag love' & want to go there whatever but I would have thought it would be better for him to wait until someone else fucks up there & everyone's moaning, then after few years go & be the saviour. That's another reason why I don't want Mancini replacing; I don't think Mourinho would have any problem swapping City for Utd after a few seasons if it appealed to him, or vice versa for that matter. It would add to his 'special' self image.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 pm

I wonder if they'll be the new Newcastle... They'll only be happy with one of their own ie, an ex-rag Legend, or even current rag legend. When they realise that none of these have the managerial abilities that Baconface has, they'll want rid, thus starting the rotating door of managers and their spiralling decline.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:07 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:I wonder if they'll be the new Newcastle... They'll only be happy with one of their own ie, an ex-rag Legend, or even current rag legend. When they realise that none of these have the managerial abilities that Baconface has, they'll want rid, thus starting the rotating door of managers and their spiralling decline.

How much would you pay to see that Irish cunt come in and promptly take them down?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Slim wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:I wonder if they'll be the new Newcastle... They'll only be happy with one of their own ie, an ex-rag Legend, or even current rag legend. When they realise that none of these have the managerial abilities that Baconface has, they'll want rid, thus starting the rotating door of managers and their spiralling decline.

How much would you pay to see that Irish cunt come in and promptly take them down?

That would be mint.

What about hughes? Now that would be very interesting.
Original Dub

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Slim wrote:

I'd like it to be in this order....

Steve Bruce.........sacked cos they are in 12th place at Christmas
Keane................sacked cos he gets them relegated in 18th place
Gordon Strachen....sacked as he fails to win the play-off final in his first season
Steve Coppell........Lasts 14 days at the club before he runs out of the club after an "incident"
Bryan Robson........Comes out of retirement to help save the day. They finish bottom of the league
Paul Ince.............Takes over and turns them into MK Dons the second
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:51 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Slim wrote:

Gordon Strachen....sacked as he fails to win the play-off final in his first season
Steve Coppell........Lasts 14 days at the club before he runs out of the club after an "incident"
Bryan Robson........Comes out of retirement to help save the day. They finish bottom of the league

.....the stuff dreams are made of
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:48 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Slim wrote:

Surely it would be:

Ferguson.............Takes over amid hysterical scenes. Sacked for mumbling incoherrently & pissing self on tv.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum