Dare we dream - for 3rd spot?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dare we dream - for 3rd spot?!

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:44 pm

We beat the Rags.... We win our game in hand over them.... We are 5 points behind them.

Dare we dream?

I SAY DARE WE!
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Dare we dream - for 3rd spot?!

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Not a cat in hells chance.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Whassat » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:55 pm

No way. Lets concentrate on winning the games tho. Worry bout the positions later.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby SORTED » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 pm

Blue Toy wrote:We beat the Rags.... We win our game in hand over them.... We are 5 points behind them.

Dare we dream?

I SAY DARE WE!

As soon as I got back from the game on Sunday I was on the predictor thingy (well after checking on here), and you know what mate, it aint a dream too far at all!
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 pm

BT they would have to remain winless and us to win all ours for it to happen mate.And they will get 6 points off Spuds and Stoke.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 pm

i would kind of say there is no point dreaming too much about that.. we should dream about winning each one of our remaining games though and getting the maximum 77 pts.

also imo there is only Chelsea who look like they are safe. Both Arse and rags have serious concerns and some difficult games yet. Im sure there are some more surprises in store for both of them.. hopefully two of which will be dished out by City.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:23 pm

gillie wrote:BT they would have to remain winless and us to win all ours for it to happen mate.And they will get 6 points off Spuds and Stoke.

Well if we beat them, and then Spuds scrape a draw out of them.. then they will have a serious wobble on their hands.. If i was Stoke i would be up for a bit of extra fun on the last day of the season against an already out of it rag team.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:25 pm

brite blu sky wrote:i would kind of say there is no point dreaming too much about that.. we should dream about winning each one of our remaining games though and getting the maximum 77 pts.

also imo there is only Chelsea who look like they are safe. Both Arse and rags have serious concerns and some difficult games yet. Im sure there are some more surprises in store for both of them.. hopefully two of which will be dished out by City.

BBS what makes you so confident we can beat Arsenal at the Emirates mate you have been banging on about it for weeks now?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:36 pm

[youtube]9U--UHBHEoY[/youtube]
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 pm

Grob wrote:[youtube]9U--UHBHEoY[/youtube]

Well i suppose if she can so can we lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Not a chance, lets just secure 4th first.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 pm

gillie wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:i would kind of say there is no point dreaming too much about that.. we should dream about winning each one of our remaining games though and getting the maximum 77 pts.

BBS what makes you so confident we can beat Arsenal at the Emirates mate you have been banging on about it for weeks now?.

Just had a feeling about it for ages.. i think this team we are building is already capable of seriously hurting teams home and away, they have shown that. They also show signs of a serious ambition to damage the top teams, that i feel is more than 'normal' Tevez, Bellemy and Ade's performances in some of those games has been stunning. Adebayor will lead the charge at the Emirates and will cause them all sorts of difficulty, Arsenal know this from their two encounters with us so far, once even without Ade. I knew they would get knocked out of the CL before we go there and that their season would be starting to end. I have the feeling that City will go there.. and possibly go 2-0 down even, but then hit them so hard and fast that they have a major wobble like they did with Barca and we will trash them in the end.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 pm

There was a time when City fans always dared to dream, when no mountain was too high to climb.

I have lived long enough to know that strange things happen in life and football and if you are not ready or available to take the opportunities when they arrive, they can often pass you by.

At present, we sit top of a chasing group. There is a gap between us and the top three. We seem to gave become caught up in the race for 4th and nothing else...no higher...Why?

Why are we limiting ourselves psychologically? We should be able to dream and aim for the highest place possible not just probable.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 am

if we dream of taking all the points left on offer, then we stand a chance of being in 3rd.. or even fuclin 2nd.

but it isn't in our hands so it seems a bit much to do any serious dreaming. It is interesting to look at some of the possibilities though.. i mentioned on sat to a rag fan that i bet they were not really looking forward to going to Ewood, he was honest and the look on his face said it all.
Now Arsenal never like going to Ewood, and they have to go there too. It is easy to imagine both rags and the gooners slipping up a couple of times yet. but it seems to be stretching it a bit to imagine them fuclin all their games up.

Us winning all ours though is something i can get behind
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:50 am

I understand what you are sayin BBS and you may well be right Mate.
My point is that our record shows that weare atop team that in other years would possibly been capable of winning the League.
We seem to be still carrying some of the old baggage which is understandable. We seem to lack self belief in just how good we are or could be. Maybe we need a good dose of self-confidence to boost us.
We have to believe we can achieve far more than we seem to cureently think...We seem to be setting our limits too low.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:33 am

if you remember when Vieira arrived he said straight away that we could still win the league, but then we dropped some points and that idea seemed to be a bit too far fetched.

I am arguing in other threads that this team is good enough to win the Prem and was good enough this year apart from some seemingly missing attitude. We still show signs of that.. switching off and doing the minimum necessary... so as a team shrinking back too deep. Mancini was having a right go at Vincent on Sunday by the touchline, telling him to drag the team forward and push up.. which they then did thankfully. Im of the opinion if this squad had not had to do the gelling thing and not had to adjust to a change in manager, in effect to be already a team at the start of the season, we would have been right up there at the top. Now we seem to be cohering as real team we are going to see what these babies can do.
Mancini and the team have done well to drag themselves back from the total loss of confidence they suffered at Goodison and they look good for a bet to win all the remaining ties with a bit of luck thrown in here and there perhaps.

If we keep winning we will obviously go closer to the top, so it could in the end look quite close.. that would seriously put the wind up the three above us now for next season, might even provoke a wobble or two this season yet!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Patrick » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:22 am

I still don't believe we will get 4th

I believe we have a great chance now but history has taught me that I am a much nicer person to live with if I don't expect too much from my beloved
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 am

All of a sudden this team appears much better than the one which played the first half of the season. Consequently we are better than our league position suggests, which is incomprehensible to the likes of Merson etc. So all looks good for the future.

I can quite believe we CAN win all remaining games, given the right run-of-the-ball, but the chances of Scum dropping the necessary points are slim.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 am

Honestly, five games are a bit too little to bridge a 11 points gap imho. We can do our best, and try to win all our remaining games, and then see what happens, though. If I've learned something about football this season, especially in Serie A, it is that the unthinkable can always happen. But, I can't see United taking less than four points in their remaining four games, even with us beating them in the derby. However, I can see us winning our remaining five games with a bit of luck, and that's what we should be aiming to do, then see where we are.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Curlie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:24 am

Behave guys.
Lets keep it real.
There is still a job to do, to secure 4th.
Lets keep the dreams for summer signings and next season's league and cup challenges.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum