Tevez criticises mancini's training and club for the poster!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez criticises mancini's training and club for the poster!

Postby citytilidie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 am

just what we need.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... to-mancini

Carlos Tevez has disrupted Manchester City's preparations for Saturday's derby against Manchester United by publicly questioning the manager Roberto Mancini's training methods and criticising the club for using his signing to provoke their rivals with the infamous 'Welcome to Manchester' billboard.

Tevez, City's outstanding player since his defection from United last summer, said he did not agree with the sacking of Mark Hughes as manager and expressed his misgivings about Mancini's training regime. "The players are not happy with this," Tevez said. "We are at the end of a long season, we have big matches, we are tired but there are still double training sessions, morning and afternoon. Then, the next day, we train for two hours. I do not understand. But, please, he is the coach and I am the player. He is in charge. I am OK with him."

The Argentinian went on to say he was unhappy about City's decision to greet his £25.5m signing by erecting the billboard that led to an angry Sir Alex Ferguson describing United's neighbours as "a small club with a small mentality".

Tevez said: "I never understood the intention of that poster. What was the point? Was it to welcome me to Manchester City or was it to anger Manchester United? Nobody ever told me. I'm indifferent towards it but it is important you know I had nothing to do with the poster. I'd have preferred for it not to be there. I have respect for all the clubs I used to play for. That was not showing respect, was it? I did not transfer from United to City for the controversy."

Of Hughes's sacking, he said of City's owners in Abu Dhabi: "It is their club, their money. But, if you ask me if I thought it was the right decision, the answer is no. I will play for any manager; I play for the shirt and must respect the right of the people who make decisions to change things, but a team does not form overnight. Mark should have been given more time. The decision was taken with too much haste. Did the directors think it through? You cannot invest so much and then sack the manager after five months. Mark brought us all here. He is a great manager and he will get another big club, 100%.'"

Tevez's remarks to the Daily Mail are likely to go down badly at City in a week when the club had asked not to speak to the media, mindful of the controversy he caused with his provocative comments surrounding the Carling Cup semi-final against United in January. Tevez had described Gary Neville as a "boot-licker" and a "moron" and City had wanted him to stay out of the limelight .

The striker did at least attempt to strike a conciliatory tone when asked about his feud with Neville. Tevez recently told a fans' forum he still held the same views on United's captain but he was in no mood for prolonging the argument yesterday, saying "That was a passing moment with Gary. It's gone now. I don't have a problem with Gary."

He would not comment on his relationship with Ferguson — "not in this interview," he said — but reiterated that he felt misused during his two seasons at Old Trafford. "I am playing now as a free striker. This is my position. I am now playing in the position I played in Argentina and Brazil and in the last 10 games for West Ham. At Manchester United I was asked to defend more. It was a different responsibility."

Tevez was sympathetic towards West Ham, who are in danger of relegation from the Premier League. City face them on the final day of the season and he cannot bear the thought of sending them down. "To score such a goal against them would change my history with them. When the game comes, I hope City have already secured fourth place and West Ham are safe. That is the best I hope for."
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Tevez interview in the Daily Mail

Postby Exiled » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:05 am

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -foes.html

CARLOS TEVEZ EXCLUSIVE: The Manchester City striker on football, family and foes...

Welcome to Manchester? Carlos Tevez was already there, swapping the red corner for the blue corner last summer. He had changed sides and the ‘noisy neighbours’ were making their joy known with an inflammatory poster. It was brilliant marketing, a clever message that hit the spot. Sir Alex Ferguson, across the way, was not amused. Nor, fascinatingly, was Tevez.
‘I never understood the intention of that poster,’ he admits today. ‘What was the point? Tell me. Was it to welcome me to Manchester City, or was it to anger Manchester United? Nobody ever told me.
‘I’m indifferent towards it, but it is important you know

Carlos Tevez plays like a man who doesn’t like an easy ride. He enjoys a tear-up, right? So let’s put him on the spot: You’ve played with Messi, Rooney and Ronaldo. Who gets to play alongside you in your dream team?
‘OK … let me think … Wayne Rooney is the best in the world. It was a privilege to play with him, I will always feel that way towards him. When we played together with Cristiano, the three of us, this was a great moment in my career.’
Rooney is better than Messi? ‘In his position, Rooney is the best. Messi is the No 1 in his
position. He is too much, right now. The ball sticks to his feet, who can take it from him?’

But you can only pick one of them.
‘It’s my interview, I want to pick both of them. It’s my dream selection. OK, I play Rooney and Messi, with Tevez, of course. In a 4-3-3. We would score some goals together, eh?’
No Ronaldo? ‘Well, we can’t all play in the same team, can we?’
He is worried for Rooney and wonders if his old team-mate played with an injection against
Bayern Munich in the Champions League second leg. ‘Like Fabregas and Rooney, I too would want to play for my team with an injury, but not with an injection. It creates a false health. I prefer to play without injections, then you can feel if the pain increases.’
Tevez watched Barcelona beat Arsenal 4-1 in the Champions League. ‘They pass, pass, pass, pass. How do you get the ball back? They are the No 1 team, for sure.’
Then he watched the last English team, United, go out to Bayern. Did he think he could have made a difference, after appearing in successive Champions League finals for them? ‘I didn’t think about what I could have done. I am a Manchester City player now. I just watched the game.’

He hopes to be back in the competition with his new employers next season.

This Saturday it’s City v United again. The team sponsored by Nike against the player who has been signed to promote their brand since he was 13. He is now 26.
So it’s Tevez v United. Tevez v Ferguson. Possibly Tevez v Neville. ‘That was a passing moment with Gary,’ he says of their public spat during the Carling Cup semi-final, when the former team-mates exchanged insults and gestures. ‘It’s gone now, I don’t have a problem with Gary.’
And Ferguson? ‘Not for this interview,’ he says with a smile.

So what of this fixture, this Manchester clasico? ‘I love this game. It is special, different. There is an argument going on in my head about why I feel so strongly about it. I will try to explain. It is nothing to do with the spotlight being on me, I did not transfer from United to City for the controversy. OK, I played for both teams, so I understand the feeling and the emotion from both supporters. City’s fans have been very good to me, very welcoming. Maybe that is why I feel this game.’
‘Feeling the game’ is a description he uses three times in the interview. He uses it to describe Craig Bellamy, his Manchester City team-mate. ‘Bellamy feels football. It gives me confidence when I see his name is on the City teamsheet. He’s a big player for this club. I like his attitude very much.’
And it’s there again, perhaps most surprisingly, when he talks about West Ham.
The last fixture of Manchester City’s season sees them travel to Upton Park and the least illustrious of the five clubs Tevez has represented. A goal from the Argentine could take City into the Champions League and could yet push West Ham into the Championship, despite the upturn in their prospects at the weekend. He has saved them from that fate once before, as everyone remembers because of the unusual nature of his transfer into English football.

Tevez’s views on that return to West Ham on May 9 are likely to provoke further debate. ‘It is unthinkable that I will score a goal that will send West Ham to relegation,’ he argues passionately. ‘Their supporters feel football; they are passionate, these people invested great support in me. I wish to play again for West Ham before I finish my career. I have some unfinished business there. To score such a goal against them would change my history with them

‘When the game comes, I hope City have already secured fourth place and West Ham are safe. That is the best I hope for.’
In reality, West Ham is one of the easier fixtures for City in a challenging run-in. Tevez reels off the games, including United, Tottenham, Villa and Arsenal.
‘It will be hard for us to finish fourth. But we are in a strong position. Where is the greatest danger to change the usual top four? City is the danger.’

He then explains how he discovered such electrifying goalscoring form. ‘I am playing now as a free striker. This is my position. When I first joined Manchester City, I was not 100 per cent fit. Now I go on to the pitch and I am physically fit and mentally strong. I say to myself, “you have to win the game for City”. In my head, before the game, I think, “goals, goals, goals”. It’s 28 of them and still counting.
‘I am now playing in the position I played in Argentina and Brazil and in the last 10 games for West Ham. At Manchester United, I was asked to defend more. It was a different responsibility.

City are growing, but he says it will take ‘one or two years to become a big club’. He asks for patience from the owners and admits he did not agree with the brutal sacking of Mark Hughes.
‘It is their club, their money,’ he says of the decision makers behind City’s rapid growth. ‘But you ask me if I thought it was the right decision and the answer is “no”.
‘I will play for any manager; I play for the shirt and must respect the right of the people who make decisions to change things, but a team does not form overnight. Mark should have been given more time. The decision was taken with too much haste. Did the directors think it through? You cannot invest so much and then sack the manager after five months! Look, Mark brought us all here. He is a great manager and he will get another big club, 100 per cent.’
Naturally this leads to Roberto Mancini, the current manager and the replacement for Hughes. Tevez scored two goals in his first 12 games this season and has scored 20 in his last 18, which suggests an improvement in his performances. But though the striker remains happy to play for Mancini, Tevez says he has ‘not improved me as a player…I have played at the same level since I overcame my injury.’

More intriguingly, he questions why the former Inter Milan coach insists on double training sessions. ‘The players are not happy with this. We are at the end of a long season, we have big matches, we are tired but there are still double training sessions, morning and afternoon. Then, the next day, we train for two hours. I do not understand. But, please, he is the coach and I am the player. He is in charge. I am OK with him.’

In the meantime, Tevez will not reveal the size of his transfer fee to City, reported to be anything between £25million and £40m. ‘That is confidential,’ he answers. ‘I won’t tell you, I can’t tell you.’ Right now, he’s playing like a £40m footballer.

There is more on the link too....
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Re: Tevez criticises mancini's training and club for the poster!

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:09 am

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby dikdik » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:20 am

No lo creo.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:26 am

I have read it twice now and once again its the journo sensationlising so its all bollox.Btw we are almost top4 could that have anything to do with it i ask?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:31 am

Why has the original poster only chose to copy and paste what he percieves as the negatives in this article.

It's a decent article, there is some good stuff in there about us that seems to be ignored by the original poster. Some people just feel the need to convince themselves that everyone is out to get us.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:37 am

interestingly the guardian cant even report a story from another newspaper correctly.

i dont see much wrong with the original article in the mail
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:38 am

Hahahahahahaha...I can just imagine the hotline from the swamp being in meltdown as taggart calls in his media friends to unsettle City.
He is under pressure...severe pressure. The rag's season looks like it could implode and taggart has never been one to trust his team to do a job. He has to try to play the mindgames.
Mindgames only work when you take any notice of them. I have to smile. You can smell the fear...FUCK OFF TAGGART!!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:02 am

john68 wrote:Hahahahahahaha...I can just imagine the hotline from the swamp being in meltdown as taggart calls in his media friends to unsettle City.
He is under pressure...severe pressure. The rag's season looks like it could implode and taggart has never been one to trust his team to do a job. He has to try to play the mindgames.
Mindgames only work when you take any notice of them. I have to smile. You can smell the fear...FUCK OFF TAGGART!!!!

thats the spirit.. he might well fuck off into a big hole in the ground when Carlos smashes their title hopes into oblivion..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:47 am

This is exactly what I was saying the other day about players being too much on the press.

Our best player or not, we could do without bullshit like this.

And as much as I'd hope those to be fabricated, they are direct quotes.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:56 am

how he said all that when he can hardly speak english , kinda confused.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:38 am

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:how he said all that when he can hardly speak english , kinda confused.

HE does all his interviews with interpreter.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:48 am

Uunnngggghhhh......read the Daily Mail version now. I have no idea why he felt he needed to have a go at Mancini and praise rags before the Derby. From what I've understood from Doug's report's the second (or first, anuy which way) training session is about tactics and positioning. How the fuck is that supposed to be physically stressfull. We pay him and all the others fantastic money and they can sure as hell push their endless PS3 and shopping sessions back few hours in business end of the season.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:how he said all that when he can hardly speak english , kinda confused.

HE does all his interviews with interpreter.

yeah you think they have twisted the interpreter's words?

After his best season ever as a pro fottballer and loving life playing for manchester city he comes out and disses the club right before the derby?

Sky sports news aint repoting it.

Something stinks to me.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:05 am

Could´ve easily been done weeks ago and printed now.

Anyway who cares, he´s still gonna score a hat trick?!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby CityGer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 am

If this interview has been done in the last few days and reported in the correct context then I'm miss world.

This has been saved up, regurgitated and written to provoke a response and stir the shit.

Chill Blues.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Fish111 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:12 am

Typical rag-supporting, utter shite, selective reporting from the toilet paper guardian. Well done 'exiled' & 'patrickblue' for highliting the full interview and not just some scum-tinted view from a so-called newspaper with a sales distribution number that's less than Viz. The cockney rag scum who plagerise on behalf of the guardian should be lined up and shot.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 am

I'd bet you all any money that this interview was given a couple of months ago and that they have fudged it a lot. Although they look like direct quotes, journalists often include their own wording from the questions in these "quotes". There's an article on the Times website titled 'Rio Ferdinand: Carlos Tevez was a poor trainer'. When you read the interview itself, Snoop Duck is actually being quite complementary. Take nothing at face value during Derby week. The papers chat shit.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:33 am

Fish111 wrote:Typical rag-supporting, utter shite, selective reporting from the toilet paper guardian. Well done 'exiled' & 'patrickblue' for highliting the full interview and not just some scum-tinted view from a so-called newspaper with a sales distribution number that's less than Viz. The cockney rag scum who plagerise on behalf of the guardian should be lined up and shot.

Errr..... Guardian doesn't report anything that wasn't mentioned in the original Daily Mail article. And that's exactly what worries me, the direct quotes.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:39 am

He's just being honest & is obviously very happy. There's no problem apart from the one the rags will have to deal with.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum