Excuses Already

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Excuses Already

Postby Fish111 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:22 am

The rag fans at work are REALLY worried about this one! I've never known them to be so quiet about an upcoming derby in my life, considering they still have an outside chance of the title they're making the excuses already. I'm struggling to find something to say to make them bite, they just won't take any bait i spit at them. They won't look over the tops of their computers. They won't say a word apart from ''our season ended when Rooney got injured''. Some are even suggesting that they won't be watching the match at all as it has no significance!! Ha ha, brilliant. They're shitting themselves at my place of work, what's the banter like at your place? I always love the banter on the derby build-up as the rags have always had the upper hand and have been all gobby but this week is earily quiet. Lovin it.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Re: Excuses Already

Postby simon12 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:10 am

Fish111 wrote:The rag fans at work are REALLY worried about this one! I've never known them to be so quiet about an upcoming derby in my life, considering they still have an outside chance of the title they're making the excuses already. I'm struggling to find something to say to make them bite, they just won't take any bait i spit at them. They won't look over the tops of their computers. They won't say a word apart from ''our season ended when Rooney got injured''. Some are even suggesting that they won't be watching the match at all as it has no significance!! Ha ha, brilliant. They're shitting themselves at my place of work, what's the banter like at your place? I always love the banter on the derby build-up as the rags have always had the upper hand and have been all gobby but this week is earily quiet. Lovin it.

1 man team springs to mind
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:20 am

Fish111 wrote: Some are even suggesting that they won't be watching the match at all as it has no significance!!

On my way to the match, I saw 3 blokes who I know for sure to be loud mouthed, obnoxious rags, stood drinking outside a pub that doesn't even have a tv screen during the 2nd half of the Blackburn game. It was on tv 2 mins down the road.

Clearly they've chucked it in for the season because of the Chelsea & Bayern results. WANKERS!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:28 am

It's very quiet at my work too especially off the rag who bet me 30 quid last jan that we wouldn't be top 4 this year
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:57 am

Been very quiet all round to be quite honest, I dont think I've ever known the run-in to a Derby be so quiet before.... I think the silence speaks volumes.... they are scared of us and what we can achieve, especially at their expense..... it would appear as if they are all slowly crawling back into the woodwork.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:27 pm

cant agree more with all this.. although i dont get to bump into many hardcore rag fans here, the usual types though are head down studiously talking about anything other than football, and their faces when they look at me are a complete picture which doesn't require comment.
im not sure they have given up quite yet, but perhaps they are getting ready to give up knowing full well it is going to happen.. y'know in quiet contemplation of the variety of excuses they are going to need.. to try and figure which ones wont get ridiculed as much. as ever deluded as ever was.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:35 pm

I hate em quite though, it's more fun when they spout shit as it makes the victory even sweeter.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum