Arsenal on brink of takeover

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Arsenal on brink of takeover

Postby mr_nool » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:42 am

Sorry if done already!
http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/174894/arsenal-on-brink-of-takeover?utm_source=sbinsl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr13

A takeover at English Premier League club Arsenal looks imminent after shareholder Nina Bracewell-Smith decided to sell her stake of nearly 16 per cent.

Bracewell-Smith’s decision was reported yesterday by London newspaper the Evening Standard, which said US financial advisors Blackstone had been appointed to find a buyer.

Two of the club’s other shareholders, billionaires Stan Kroenke and Alisher Usmanov, want control of the team, and if either buy the stake, they will go over a 30 per cent shareholding threshold that demands a mandatory takeover bid.

Bloomberg reports that the deal would probably value the club at over £500 million, making Bracewell-Smith’s holding worth £80 million.

Rival Premier League club Liverpool are also nearing a change of ownership. Reuters reports an unnamed source as saying that the club’s US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are ready to sell their entire shareholding. Banking group Barclays are expected to be appointed to manage the sale.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Re: Arsenal on brink of takeover

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:14 am

Wouldn't change anything really just shuffles the boards power about a bit. In fact it might hurt them a little as they will probably put less money into the team after a big pay out like that.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby bobadji » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 am

Once the stadium is paid off, Arsenal will quickly become one of the richest in the world.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 am

bobadji wrote:Once the stadium is paid off, Arsenal will quickly become one of the richest in the world.

They already generate ridiculous income so you are spot on. Arsenal will be the one's to watch out in about ten years.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:01 am

A mega rich club with Wenger The Economist who refuses to pay over £14million for anybody. The fans will be happy :-D
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:31 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:A mega rich club with Wenger The Economist who refuses to pay over £14million for anybody. The fans will be happy :-D

Indeed they can buy a shit load of 14 year olds though and hope they become good like they been doing for years. They done well so far..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Kroenke is trying to buy an NFL team right now - the St Louis Rams, so i wonder if he has enough liquidity to make a full takeover bid
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Return to The Maine Football forum