Jerome Boateng

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jerome Boateng

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:58 am

Had a text saying he has signed, can't see anything except a "Sky Sports Sources say" - Anyone know anything?
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Re: Jerome Boateng

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 am

Who sent you the text, Garry Cooke??????
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:03 am

Hamburg supporters must really love us. De Schlong, Kompany and now Boateng. They are officially our feeder club.

He looks quite good in Germany but then again so did his brother and he turned out to be absolute donkey in England.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 am

It's the 13th of April, he hasn't signed fuck all.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Who sent you the text, Garry Cooke??????

Nah he started writing the text but bottled it.
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:05 am

Pablo Sacramento wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Who sent you the text, Garry Cooke??????

Nah he started writing the text but bottled it.

Lol, class!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Curlie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 am

Would seem he has signed, with deal going through when the window opens. Quite a bit of activity on the tinterweb about it.
Must be some sort of pre-window agreement.
Is he a left back or a right back?
Anyone know.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 am

Curlie wrote:Would seem he has signed, with deal going through when the window opens. Quite a bit of activity on the tinterweb about it.
Must be some sort of pre-window agreement.
Is he a left back or a right back?
Anyone know.

CB/FB mate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_Boateng all you need to know..

Wiki has been edited already
On 13 April 2010 was confirmed that Boateng signed for Manchester City F.C. an three year contract, he will join on 01 July 2010 for a transfer fee of 12,5 Million €uro.[7]

SSN quoting 11 million
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 15,00.html
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:31 am

I officially love the "Minimum Release Fee" inserted into player's contracts. It means we can directly access players and club's can't do a thing about it.

Fair play to Hamburg though they are a real honest club in their transfer dealings and don't play any mind games or kick up a fuss.

The player is gaining a lot of respect in Germany and it would be a great move in my opinion for all concerned (except Hamburg).
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:32 am

Probably will have to fight it out with our younger players if it's true. Deadly at set pieces looking at the stats.

Wonder if this would be a Mancini signing or a Marwood, Jim Cassell (or whoever) academy type signing as Johnson is rumoured to be. I presume Mancini has to ok it so technically it's probably his but it does seem as if we operate 2 systems, one definitely for now & one more aimed at the future. Marwood is supposed to be the driving force behind signing Johnson so het gets some brownie points off me for that, after me slagging him consistantly!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Wonder if this would be a Mancini signing or a Marwood, Jim Cassell (or whoever) academy type signing as Johnson is rumoured to be. I presume Mancini has to ok it so technically it's probably his but it does seem as if we operate 2 systems, one definitely for now & one more aimed at the future. Marwood is supposed to be the driving force behind signing Johnson so het gets some brownie points off me for that, after me slagging him consistantly!

We have been rumoured to be after him since well before Mancini came to the club.
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Probably will have to fight it out with our younger players if it's true. Deadly at set pieces looking at the stats.

Wonder if this would be a Mancini signing or a Marwood, Jim Cassell (or whoever) academy type signing as Johnson is rumoured to be. I presume Mancini has to ok it so technically it's probably his but it does seem as if we operate 2 systems, one definitely for now & one more aimed at the future. Marwood is supposed to be the driving force behind signing Johnson so het gets some brownie points off me for that, after me slagging him consistantly!

Marwood is possible but as this is Hamburg and our dealings with the club before Marwood came in I'm more inclined to think this one is Mike Rigg's spot.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Probably will have to fight it out with our younger players if it's true. Deadly at set pieces looking at the stats.

This one's definitely for the future mate. While he has already few caps for Germany, he is still very raw from what I've seen of him in Bundesleague although it's clear that the potential is there and I don't think he is far off.

I have a feeling this might be Mancini signing though. He was known to buy similar players in his previous clubs.

Jokes aside, I think the Hamburg thing is just a conincidence and credit to their scouting work and work they do with blooming young talent looking to further their careers.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 am

Definitely a Marwood signing. We've been interested in this guy for ages now.

I can't say I've seen lots of him, but he comes highly rated and there seemed to be interest from the top clubs, so happy days. Marwood also got Jinky in, so I'm more than happy with how things are going in that regard.

I'm sure Mancini has to ok every deal, but it'll be interesting to see who's on his personal list. Obviously, Vieira, Gago and Ronald McDonald we already know about.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 am

Original Dub wrote:Definitely a Marwood signing. We've been interested in this guy for ages now.
I can't say I've seen lots of him, but he comes highly rated and there seemed to be interest from the top clubs, so happy days. Marwood also got Jinky in, so I'm more than happy with how things are going in that regard.

I'm sure Mancini has to ok every deal, but it'll be interesting to see who's on his personal list. Obviously, Vieira, Gago and Ronald McDonald we already know about.

I'm not sure. First time I remember seeing us linked to this feller was in january. I could be wrong though.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue in North London » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 am

Maybe we have been scouting the player for quite a while, and Mancini, after reading teh scoruing report and watching a few Hamburg games, thinks he will be a good signing.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mike J » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 am

would agree that this is probably a marwood sgning considering how long we have been tracking him. musy have wanted him badly if we have moved to get him now.

i have no idea what the guy is like. would be good if any regular viewers of bundesliga could give their vies on him.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mike J » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:49 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Definitely a Marwood signing. We've been interested in this guy for ages now.

I'm not sure. First time I remember seeing us linked to this feller was in january. I could be wrong though.

we were defo after him when hughes was at the club.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 am

Mike J wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

we were defo after him when hughes was at the club.

Fair enough. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 am

Technically Marwood has final say on all transfers so it will be him who seals the deal. My money is still on Mike Rigg though. At the start of this season City created a [highlight]"player acquisition group"[/highlight] at director level. Whoever is manager of City now only gets to recommend players to this group.

They have the final say on transfers though, it's an interesting concept not used widely in England but one which Mancini is very used to. Was probably another nail in Hughes' coffin as he would have hated not having full control.

Interesting that the player acquisition group were after Boateng for a while. They also want Leonardo Bonucci. Will be interesting to see what happens.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum