Jerome Boateng

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jerome Boateng

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 am

Svensational wrote:
Slim wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Slim wrote:
Svensational wrote:Im not familiar with Jerome Boateng, is he any good? Do we need him?

No he's not, we've decided to only buy shit players. Yes we need him, we need to fill out the reserve ranks as it's our most realistic chance of a trophy.

We bought RSC for £18m and hes not cutting it for our first team, hence why he played for the Reserves last night?

And if hes only young is he really gonna get into our defence at the moment?

WHAT? Did you watch the game on the weekend? I seem to recall RSC playing.

I can see him being part of the first choice pairing next season.

Yeah he played for a whole 3minutes mate. Hes only backup, which is what this Boateng guy is most likely to be? And he played an hour for the reserves last night, so to pay £18m for a player and then for him to play in the reserves, its not cricket is it?

He's obviously played an hour in the reserves because Mancini wants him to have a run out as he feels he may need him, otherwise he wouldn't bother playing him & Mancini wouldn't bother turning up to watch him. It's the total, exact opposite of what you're suggesting.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:21 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
He's obviously played an hour in the reserves because Mancini wants him to have a run out as he feels he may need him, otherwise he wouldn't bother playing him & Mancini wouldn't bother turning up to watch him. It's the total, exact opposite of what you're suggesting.

Im not actually SUGGESTING anything? Ok yeah we have a back up striker, whoooop de doo but he aint that good is he?

He may need him, but I cant see him getting a sniff in the derby to be fair.

I rate him very highly as a target man & think we'd have to sign someone similar to balance the squad if we let him go. That person may not have the team attitude that RSC has & cause shit. I don't trust his fitness though & fear him breaking down again. Otherwise I'd be absolutely delighted we've got him, he's one of the best at what he does. Why people insist in picking holes in him all the time I don't understand. If Johnson blossoms into a top wide player RSC would be the most likely player to benefit & City, our team, that we SUPPORT, would benefit from that. Why can't people just let him get on with it rather than seeking to belittle him all the time? If he fails to be any use to us he'll go.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:21 am

Dragging this back on topic guys, now the MEN have all but confirmed the Boateng transfer i feel it only a month or two before we see him posing in a city shirt, a fantastic transfer imo by city. To buy an upcoming german international for a release fee of 11m before a world cup is clever business. We all know if the lad boards the plane to SA with the german team and has a good showing every man and his dog would be bidding for him. Well done city for avoiding this!

Also beating bayern to a player is no easy thing;

"It is understood Neubauer met with City officials in March and they shook hands on a deal in early April, even though Bayern were also expressing a strong interest."

Makes good reading paragraphs like that. In the past if a club like bayern even hinted at an interest it would have scuppered our deals, not anymore though. Love it!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Im not actually SUGGESTING anything? Ok yeah we have a back up striker, whoooop de doo but he aint that good is he?

I rate him very highly as a target man & think we'd have to sign someone similar to balance the squad if we let him go. That person may not have the team attitude that RSC has & cause shit. I don't trust his fitness though & fear him breaking down again. Otherwise I'd be absolutely delighted we've got him, he's one of the best at what he does. Why people insist in picking holes in him all the time I don't understand. If Johnson blossoms into a top wide player RSC would be the most likely player to benefit & City, our team, that we SUPPORT, would benefit from that. Why can't people just let him get on with it rather than seeking to belittle him all the time? If he fails to be any use to us he'll go.

great post.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:25 am

Blue Blood wrote:Dragging this back on topic guys, now the MEN have all but confirmed the Boateng transfer i feel it only a month or two before we see him posing in a city shirt, a fantastic transfer imo by city. To buy an upcoming german international for a release fee of 11m before a world cup is clever business. We all know if the lad boards the plane to SA with the german team and has a good showing every man and his dog would be bidding for him. Well done city for avoiding this!

Also beating bayern to a player is no easy thing;

"It is understood Neubauer met with City officials in March and they shook hands on a deal in early April, even though Bayern were also expressing a strong interest."

Makes good reading paragraphs like that. In the past if a club like bayern even hinted at an interest it would have scuppered our deals, not anymore though. Love it!

Agree. Imagine the power we'll get in these situations if we actually start competing for real in the chump's lg rather than just threatening it? Not just young players but people like Kaka will be begging to come here.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:31 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I agree with your points Ted and Im not one for getting on players backs. Im just giving my opinion, which is that I dont think RSC is good enough for our team at the moment.

I wouldn't prefer him to Ade over the last few games but I would in quite a lot of the previous ones. He's also playing without any real service for a player of his type. If we get that part right, so he knows wher the ball's going & we have someone with quality delivering crosses, then teams will have a whole different problem to deal with. If they stop us playing one way, they'll have to organise again to stop us playing another. That could be the difference in points that wins us the league next season. He's caused us enough problems with Blackburn for that threat to be obvious.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:38 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
I wouldn't prefer him to Ade over the last few games but I would in quite a lot of the previous ones. He's also playing without any real service for a player of his type. If we get that part right, so he knows wher the ball's going & we have someone with quality delivering crosses, then teams will have a whole different problem to deal with. If they stop us playing one way, they'll have to organise again to stop us playing another. That could be the difference in points that wins us the league next season. He's caused us enough problems with Blackburn for that threat to be obvious.

Well the day that RSC starts over Ade or Tevez in a league game then I will hold my hands up and say, yes Ted you were right!

Well considering 3 months ago Ade was in a shoot up in Africa hes not done too bad has he?!

Anyway, lets not hijack the Boateng thread.

He could play alongside both but you're right, wrong thread.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:52 am

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Well the day that RSC starts over Ade or Tevez in a league game then I will hold my hands up and say, yes Ted you were right!

Well considering 3 months ago Ade was in a shoot up in Africa hes not done too bad has he?!

Anyway, lets not hijack the Boateng thread.

He could play alongside both but you're right, wrong thread.

But that would mean dropping AJ or Bellers?

Bellamy can only play half the games. We may one day have fullbacks who put crosses in, midfielders who can put diagonals in etc, 4-3-3, tevez behind 2 strikers etc etc, different options. But we're hijacking the Boateng thread!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Esky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:48 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2010/04/13/1877161/hamburg-confirm-defender-jerome-boateng-is-leaving-with

Hamburg Confirm Defender Jerome Boateng Is Leaving, With Manchester City Reportedly Interested
Versatile defender seems destined for Eastlands...

German side Hamburg have confirmed that defender Jerome Boateng plans to leave the club in the summer, paving the way for a possible move to Manchester City.

The 21-year-old, who has a summer release clause in his contract in the region of £11 million, has long been linked with a move to Eastlands. A local newspaper, Hamburger Abendblatt, reported on Monday that the German U21 international made the commitment to join Manchester City on April 1, after negotiations between Neubauer and the club began in March and interest from Bayern Munich subsequently failed to materialise.

And Hamburg admitted on Tuesday that Boateng's agent, Jorg Neubauer, had informed them that the youngster plans to activate his clause to leave the Nordbank Arena at the end of the season.

"Jorg Neubauer, the agent of Jereme (Boateng), has given us information that Jerome is planning to make a transfer (to another club) this summer," a Hamburg spokesman confirmed on the club's website.

"There is no deal agreed yet, however. This is all I can say on that."

If a move to Eastlands is finalised, Boateng would follow in the footsteps of Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany to become the third player to move to City from Hamburg in just under two years.

Jerome's brother, Kevin-Prince, is already in the Premier League with recently-relegated Portsmouth.

AND from Hamburg's official site
http://www.hsv.de/teams/meldungen/bundesliga/april-2010/boateng/

Berater von Boateng informiert über Wechselabsicht

Der Defensivakteur kann nach der Saison für eine festgeschriebene Ablösesumme wechseln, es gibt jedoch noch kein konkretes Angebot.

Hamburg - Dass Jerome Boateng nach der aktuellen Spielzeit für eine festgeschriebene Ablösesumme den Verein verlassen kann, ist hinlänglich bekannt. Am heutigen Dienstag (13. April) wurde berichtet, dass ein Wechsel in Richtung Manchester City bereits perfekt sei. "Jörg Neubauer, der Berater von Jerome Boateng, hat uns darüber informiert, dass der Spieler gerne wechseln möchte. Es gibt aber noch nichts Konkretes", so HSV-Pressesprecher Jörn Wolf.

This one has legs.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:32 pm

City swoop for £11m Boateng

City have lined up their first signing of the summer, £11m German international defender Jerome Boateng.

The Blues have rejected claims a deal has already been agreed with Hamburg for the 6ft 3ins star, and the Bundesliga club has also officially denied that a pre-contract agreement has been signed.

But a source close to Hamburg confirmed to M.E.N. Sport the deal is already in place, and Boateng will join City on July 1 on a three-year contract worth £85,000 a week, with the Blues beating Bayern Munich to the player.

And although Boateng himself was staying quiet, team-mate Joris Mathijsen yesterday said of the move: "When a club like Manchester City tries to get a player, a club like Hamburg doesn't have a chance."

A Hamburg spokesman said: "Jorg Neubauer, Jerome Boateng's agent, has informed us the player wants to move. There is no deal agreed yet, however."

But their coach Bruno Labbadia is already resigned to losing his man. He said: "Jerome told me his reasons for his move and I have to accept that. He told me today, but his agent already told me some days before. Everything was correct, so I can just wish all the best for him in the future."

It is understood Neubauer met with City officials in March and they shook hands on a deal in early April, even though Bayern were also expressing a strong interest.

he two clubs have strong links after City signed Vincent Kompany from them two summers ago for around £6m, and went back for Nigel de Jong six months later for £14m.

Boateng is the younger brother of Portsmouth midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng, and is the Berlin-born son of a Ghanaian father and a German mother.

The 21-year-old already has three full caps for Germany, and is rated by many as the best defender in the Bundesliga.

He was signed by Hamburg from his hometown club Hertha Berlin in August 2007, and can play centre back or in either full-back position.

The move is Roberto Mancini's first deal for next season – and he is expected to line up Napoli's Slovakian midfielder Marek Hamsik next.

Mancini tried to sign the £25m ace while he was at Inter Milan and is expected to face fierce competition from his former club for his signature.

manchestereveningnews.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Esky wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2010/04/13/1877161/hamburg-confirm-defender-jerome-boateng-is-leaving-with

Hamburg Confirm Defender Jerome Boateng Is Leaving, With Manchester City Reportedly Interested
Versatile defender seems destined for Eastlands...

German side Hamburg have confirmed that defender Jerome Boateng plans to leave the club in the summer, paving the way for a possible move to Manchester City.

The 21-year-old, who has a summer release clause in his contract in the region of £11 million, has long been linked with a move to Eastlands. A local newspaper, Hamburger Abendblatt, reported on Monday that the German U21 international made the commitment to join Manchester City on April 1, after negotiations between Neubauer and the club began in March and interest from Bayern Munich subsequently failed to materialise.

And Hamburg admitted on Tuesday that Boateng's agent, Jorg Neubauer, had informed them that the youngster plans to activate his clause to leave the Nordbank Arena at the end of the season.

"Jorg Neubauer, the agent of Jereme (Boateng), has given us information that Jerome is planning to make a transfer (to another club) this summer," a Hamburg spokesman confirmed on the club's website.

"There is no deal agreed yet, however. This is all I can say on that."

If a move to Eastlands is finalised, Boateng would follow in the footsteps of Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany to become the third player to move to City from Hamburg in just under two years.

Jerome's brother, Kevin-Prince, is already in the Premier League with recently-relegated Portsmouth.

AND from Hambur
g's official site
http://www.hsv.de/teams/meldungen/bundesliga/april-2010/boateng/

Berater von Boateng informiert über Wechselabsicht

Der Defensivakteur kann nach der Saison für eine festgeschriebene Ablösesumme wechseln, es gibt jedoch noch kein konkretes Angebot.

Hamburg - Dass Jerome Boateng nach der aktuellen Spielzeit für eine festgeschriebene Ablösesumme den Verein verlassen kann, ist hinlänglich bekannt. Am heutigen Dienstag (13. April) wurde berichtet, dass ein Wechsel in Richtung Manchester City bereits perfekt sei. "Jörg Neubauer, der Berater von Jerome Boateng, hat uns darüber informiert, dass der Spieler gerne wechseln möchte. Es gibt aber noch nichts Konkretes", so HSV-Pressesprecher Jörn Wolf.

This one has legs.

Hamburg - Dass Jerome Boateng nach der aktuellen Spielzeit für eine festgeschriebene Ablösesumme den Verein verlassen kann, ist hinlänglich bekannt. Am heutigen Dienstag [b](13. April) wurde berichtet, dass ein Wechsel in Richtung Manchester City bereits perfekt sei. "Jörg Neubauer, der Berater von Jerome Boateng, hat uns darüber informiert, dass der Spieler gerne wechseln möchte. Es gibt aber noch nichts Konkretes", so HSV-Pressesprecher Jörn Wolf.
[/b]

Translated is pretty much.....

Hamburg - That JB, after the actual season can leave the club for a predetermined amount, has been know for a long time.

Today 13th April, it was reported that a transfer to Manchester City is almost perfect ( meant in the sense of 'would be perfect' ). Joerg Neubauer, Boateng's Agent, has informed us that the player would be happy to make the transfer. Although, still nothing is concrete.

btw , I know it's wikipedia, bit City are also referenced there.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum