Jerome Boateng

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jerome Boateng

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 am

One for the future. If he's already been capped by Germany at age 21 then he must have something.

Best news of all is that he has a German passport so no bloody work permit bollox.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:09 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Technically Marwood has final say on all transfers so it will be him who seals the deal. My money is still on Mike Rigg though. At the start of this season City created a [highlight]"player acquisition group"[/highlight] at director level. Whoever is manager of City now only gets to recommend players to this group.

They have the final say on transfers though, it's an interesting concept not used widely in England but one which Mancini is very used to. Was probably another nail in Hughes' coffin as he would have hated not having full control.

Interesting that the player acquisition group were after Boateng for a while. They also want Leonardo Bonucci. Will be interesting to see what happens.

It makes sense over the last few transfers alright...

Part and package of being the ultimate, rich and modern club I suppose.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Technically Marwood has final say on all transfers so it will be him who seals the deal. My money is still on Mike Rigg though. At the start of this season City created a [highlight]"player acquisition group"[/highlight] at director level. Whoever is manager of City now only gets to recommend players to this group.

They have the final say on transfers though, it's an interesting concept not used widely in England but one which Mancini is very used to. Was probably another nail in Hughes' coffin as he would have hated not having full control.

Interesting that the player acquisition group were after Boateng for a while. They also want Leonardo Bonucci. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Did we really? I remember reading about Mike Rigg but I missed all the other stuff completely. It could have had a bearing on the Hughes situation in that case. I wonder if that geezer we've apparently poached from Chelsea who tapped up various youngsters for them (is he still on gardening leave?) is to be part of that group rather than working with the academy then?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:40 am

What a fantastic signing this kid is, can play anywhere in defense (left/right back, center half) and I think even on the wing.
Awesome!

I am chuffed, also because he is German of course.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby psut1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:45 am

HSV's website states there is interest from city but nothing concrete, the rest as usual is just speculation und rumour
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:50 am

First heard this about 2 hours ago..... Great signing IMO.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 pm

psut1 wrote:HSV's website states there is interest from city but nothing concrete, the rest as usual is just speculation und rumour

Not quite really. Their Website confirms that the players Agent has informed the club that the player wants to move to Manchester City but no deal has been agreed yet.
avoidconfusion

Postby psut1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:22 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
psut1 wrote:HSV's website states there is interest from city but nothing concrete, the rest as usual is just speculation und rumour

Not quite really. Their Website confirms that the players Agent has informed the club that the player wants to move to Manchester City but no deal has been agreed yet.

But we have not signed him yet though.
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:28 pm

psut1 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

We won't sign him until the window opens.

Come on guys, this is transfer market 101, we sign him in April and gets a career ending injury some time in the next couple of months, good business there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Slim wrote:
psut1 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

Come on guys, this is transfer market 101, we sign him in April and gets a career ending injury some time in the next couple of months, good business there.

I'd imagine deals like this are done all the time, but probably like pre-contracts, which I'm quite sure are conditional to a player not suffering a serious injury.
Original Dub

Postby HeyMark » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:
psut1 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

I'd imagine deals like this are done all the time, but probably like pre-contracts, which I'm quite sure are conditional to a player not suffering a serious injury.

If I remember correctly when Wigan sold Bullard to Fulham before the transfer window opened, he didnt play in their last few games incase he got injured, maybe this will be the same case?
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:37 pm

I cannot imagine an agreement that sees him miss the last month of their season though.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:I'd imagine deals like this are done all the time, but probably like pre-contracts, which I'm quite sure are conditional to a player not suffering a serious injury.

Theoretically Ronaldo signed for Real 2 seasons ago on a handshake agreement.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Slim wrote:I cannot imagine an agreement that sees him miss the last month of their season though.

But I don't think its quite as clear cut as that...

Deals are done in all but final closing before the end of the season throughout Europe. Sometimes they get leaked and sometimes they don't but I don't for one minute believe clubs wait until the window opens to start everything. More like to officially conclude everything in some cases.
Original Dub

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:40 pm

psut1 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

That's true. But I think it is almost 100% certain now that we will.
avoidconfusion

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:I cannot imagine an agreement that sees him miss the last month of their season though.

Deals are done in all but final closing before the end of the season throughout Europe. Sometimes they get leaked and sometimes they don't but I don't for one minute believe clubs wait until the window opens to start everything. More like to officially conclude everything in some cases.

I've heard in a couple of interviews managers of clubs in this country say they are not allowed to sign players early in the summer transfer window and have to leave it to the last possible moment to save on the clubs wage costs.

The window may open but the chairmen puts an embargo on them for as long as possible. Isn't it great not to have money troubles!
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Yeah - just look at the deal the scum have done to bring in a big name (Smalling) to replace Vidic
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:06 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Yeah - just look at the deal the scum have done to bring in a big name (Smalling) to replace Vidic

Ha true!
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:20 pm

I like how we are not only buying talent for here and now but for the future we bought a couple of youngsters in the last couple of windows we have yet to see grace the pitch for us in which I am sure we will next season which Mancini giving everybody a chance at some point to prove they are worthy of a spot. Our owners don't want to make the same mistake as Chelsea made (as they are all getting old now he's gonna have to buy a whole new team soon) and transfers like this show it.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby TomS » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:57 pm

HSV: Schwerer Verlust
Wechsel perfekt: Jerome Boateng zu Manchester City
Von Marcus Scholz 13. April 2010, 13:31 Uhr Den 21-Jährigen Abwehrspieler zieht es für die festgeschriebene Ablösesumme von 12,5 Millionen Euro in die Premier League.

Hamburg. Will man die Bedeutung von Jerome Boateng für den HSV beschreiben, braucht man eigentlich nur die Körpersprache seines Kompagnons in der Innenverteidigung, Joris Mathijsen, während der Spiele zu beobachten. Der Niederländer blüht auf, wenn er Boateng an der Seite hat. Ein Umstand, der auch Trainer Bruno Labbadia aufgefallen sein wird. "Natürlich gibt uns ein gesunder Jerome auf dem Platz zusätzlich Sicherheit", weiß der Trainer. Allerdings wollte der HSV-Coach den jungen deutschen Nationalspieler nicht allzu sehr hochjubeln. Aus taktischen Gründen. Denn der Abgang des 21-Jährigen droht nicht mehr nur - nach Abendblatt-Informationen ist er sogar überhaupt nicht mehr zu verhindern.
Schon Ende März gab es eingehende Verhandlungen zwischen Boatengs Berater Jörg Neubauer und dem Premier-League-Klub Manchester City. Am 1. April folgte die Einigung. Zwar hatte Bayern München parallel Interesse angekündigt - allerdings kam es hier zu keinen Verhandlungen. Dafür zu branchenüblichen Dementis. Der HSV sei der erste Ansprechpartner, hatten Neubauer und Boateng stets betont. Und dabei nicht gelogen. Allerdings ist der HSV nicht mehr erste Wahl. Manchester City, die Heimat der ehemaligen HSV-Profis Vincent Kompany und Nigel de Jong, hat das Rennen gemacht. Weil es mit rund fünf Millionen Euro Jahresgage finanziell das mit Abstand beste Angebot war. Weil der Klub als derzeit Vierter der Premier League einen Rang zur Qualifikation für die Champions League belegt und somit die sportlich bessere Perspektive bietet. Und weil der HSV eine andere Einschätzung als der Spieler hatte. Denn während der Vorstand Boateng in der Bringschuld sieht und auf seine gute Entwicklung beim HSV hinweist, sieht sich dieser einen Schritt weiter.

Der Klub darf sich nun auf einen üppigen Zahlungseingang freuen, der aber nur zum Teil in der Kasse verbleibt, denn: 20 Prozent der festgeschriebenen Ablösesumme von 12,5 Millionen Euro gehen an Jerome Boatengs vorherigen Klub Hertha BSC. So war es beim Wechsel aus der Hauptstadt nach Hamburg im August 2007 vereinbart worden. Deswegen hat die Scoutingabteilung schon vor Wochen den klaren Auftrag vom HSV-Vorstand erhalten, einen Nachfolger speziell für Boateng zu suchen.

So bleiben dem HSV also netto zehn Millionen Euro. Bei Ausgaben von 1,1 Millionen Euro beim Wechsel 2007 eine hohe Dividende. Dennoch dürfte sich die Freude in Grenzen halten. Denn der HSV steht jetzt unter Druck als Sechster in der Liga, aber auch in der Kaderplanung für die neue Saison. Einen Spieler mit ähnlichen Perspektiven wie Boateng gibt es kaum. Und wenn, dann kostet er wie beispielsweise Mats Hummels von Borussia Dortmund kaum weniger als zehn Millionen Euro - eher deutlich mehr. Zudem wurden zuletzt mit Zé Roberto (Red Bull New York) sowie Paolo Guerrero (Vertrag läuft aus) und Piotr Trochowski, dessen Verhältnis zu Labbadia als unterkühlt gilt, drei weitere Führungsspieler als potenzielle Abgänge gehandelt. Viel Arbeit für den HSV.

Was den Fall Boateng jedoch spezieller als andere machte, war dessen Vertragspassus, sich bis Ende der Transferfrist am 31. August entscheiden zu können. So war es beim Vertragsabschluss 2007 ebenfalls festgehalten worden. Damit hätte der HSV der Situation ausgesetzt werden können, in allerletzter Sekunde eine feste Größe zu verlieren, ohne noch ausreichend Zeit zu haben, eine Alternative zu beschaffen. "Unser Bestreben ist es natürlich, möglichst bald Klarheit zu haben", hatte Katja Kraus, Vorstand Sport, stets betont. Auch gestern. Und der Spieler selbst hält sich daran. Und obgleich seine Antwort die Hamburger Verantwortlichen nicht erfreuen dürfte - sie gibt ihnen weitere Sicherheit. Zumindest für die Planung.

Due to the normally very good source of the local paper Hamburger Abendblatt, this is a done deal.

Just to translate the last chapter of hte article, witch is the only news witch weren´t posted here already (and give the transfer another light on)
What make the Ageda Boateng so special, is the passus in his contract, that he could leave the club until the last day of the transfer window on 31. Aug. So it was written in his contract of 2007. So it could be the case for HSV to lost a main player of the team without having any time for e decent replacemant. "We wanted to be clear as soon as possible", said Katja Kraus, CEO sport of HSV.
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum