Boundary Park

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Boundary Park

Postby Fullartj » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 am

I'm off on a stag to Manchester the weekend of April 24th and I am looking to take in a match. Obviously City are playing Arsenal away but a few of us are thinking of heading to Boundary park for Oldham V Southend. A few of the lads are heading to the swamp but I said that I would rather give my money to Oldham.

I was wondering if anyone can advise where to go and get pissed before the match!
Fullartj
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Boundary Park

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:30 am

Isn't the Chadderton Arms up that way an MCFC stronghold?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:40 am

Theres plenty of pubs on the main road leading up to Oldham, Follow the crowd, only 5 min walk from the stadium.

The stadium itself has been half knocked down, when its 30c outside it, its -5c inside it. To think they were once a premier league team, shows how far the game has kicked on, and how far behind they were left.

Having said thats, its how footballs meant to be!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Fullartj » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for the info. Yeah I heard that the ground is the coldest in England so I think that I will bring a hip flask with me!
Fullartj

Postby sandman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:44 am

Its actually two mins walk from the town centre, where they have a Weatherspoons, a Lloyds bar, some other crappy bars, dozens of pubs and a few trampy nightclubs for when you're still out and celebrating city's victory, I personally dont go clubbing anymore but I would go in Envy if I was to, it has a light up dancefloor like on Saturday Night Fever, if you are putting the shiney shoes on then I am told that is the best place to find gash?

Plus you can always get either a sit down meal or takeaway near the bars on Yorkshire St.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Crossie wrote:Theres plenty of pubs on the main road leading up to Oldham, Follow the crowd, only 5 min walk from the stadium.

The stadium itself has been half knocked down, when its 30c outside it, its -5c inside it. To think they were once a premier league team, shows how far the game has kicked on, and how far behind they were left.

Having said thats, its how footballs meant to be!

Bugger me mate. I´m from Oldham originally and got a soft spot for them, but they´re about to go back down to the bottom tier, whence they came many years ago. Better find the crowd first!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Fish111 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:54 pm

24/04/2010 - Maine Road FC v Runcorn Linnets - Vodkat League

Brantingham Road
Chorlton-cum-Hardy
Manchester
M21 0TT

This is where you wanna be matey ;-)
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Socrates » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm

sandman wrote:Its actually two mins walk from the town centre, where they have a Weatherspoons, a Lloyds bar, some other crappy bars, dozens of pubs and a few trampy nightclubs for when you're still out and celebrating city's victory, I personally dont go clubbing anymore but I would go in Envy if I was to, it has a light up dancefloor like on Saturday Night Fever, if you are putting the shiney shoes on then I am told that is the best place to find gash?

Plus you can always get either a sit down meal or takeaway near the bars on Yorkshire St.

has it moved? even if the wind was behind you would surely take more than 20 minutes!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby sandman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Socrates wrote:
sandman wrote:Its actually two mins walk from the town centre, where they have a Weatherspoons, a Lloyds bar, some other crappy bars, dozens of pubs and a few trampy nightclubs for when you're still out and celebrating city's victory, I personally dont go clubbing anymore but I would go in Envy if I was to, it has a light up dancefloor like on Saturday Night Fever, if you are putting the shiney shoes on then I am told that is the best place to find gash?

has it moved? even if the wind was behind you would surely take more than 20 minutes!

Ok, exaggeration, maybe its because when I go to the latics i've usually had a skinful in town first.
sandman

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Anyone go to that friendly at Oldham (back in the days when Joe was there I think) when it was a beautiful hot day & we were all wearing T shirts etc, then the darkest cloud in the history of man came & parked it'self over the ground, emptying the full contents on top of us?

I've never managed to get that wet since, even cycling up a mountain in a storm or standing in the sea.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Go in The Old Grey Mare mate its 2mins from the ground and used to have loads of City fans frequent it it was even owned by a blue.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby bobadji » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:18 pm

Old Grey Mare's a good shout. White Hart is a bit further down that road and is also a decent pub.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Fullartj » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:56 am

I think i'll head into both pubs. It would be rude not too!
Fullartj

Return to The Maine Football forum