It's happened. We're big time.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

It's happened. We're big time.

Postby Tony P » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:33 pm

We are big time. I now know it. Maybe not yet on the pitch but on the street.

I'm a teacher based in Prague, teaching kids. Kids over here, like elsewhere in the world follow trends almost blindly, relying on what others tell them to do, say and more importantly wear.

So, Monday afternoon I have a class of 9-10 year olds. In walks Lukas, bit of a 'generic' football fan, wearing his coat. No change there. He stops by his place and unzips his jacket...... and was wearing a City shirt!

I was so shocked I had to sit down.

It was jekyll, of course, but still, a City shirt in my classroom that hadn't been pre-empted by me! I couldn't speak. Now of course, Lukas couldn't name two City players to save his life, I didn't ask him as I didn't want to spoil the illusion, but if City shirts are starting to get knocked off for sale in dodgy Czech markets, and more importantly, ten-year-olds are wanting to wear them, well, ladies and gentlemen....... we are big time.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: It's happened. We're big time.

Postby ashton287 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:43 pm

so give lukas A's then
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby dazlebluefrog » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 pm

over here still waiting to see anyone else in blue but don't think it will be to long as we seem to be on tele every week (except last 2 games) now also they mention Manchester u----- AND Manchester City where as a few years ago it was Manchester this Manchester that only meaning the scum
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:22 pm

dazlebluefrog wrote:over here still waiting to see anyone else in blue but don't think it will be to long as we seem to be on tele every week (except last 2 games) now also they mention Manchester u----- AND Manchester City where as a few years ago it was Manchester this Manchester that only meaning the scum

get yourself down to the dordogne (mini England), I can guarantee you will see at least 1 ;-) you will have to be quick though
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Michael Brookes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:52 am

Ive seen shit loads of City (and especially 'Tevez') shirts in Thailand, quite a few in Laos too!
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:01 am

I bought a robinho one in Hong Kong last summer for my son as he wouldn't let me past the stall without gettin it him. £3 bargin
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:26 am

Michael Brookes wrote:Ive seen shit loads of City (and especially 'Tevez') shirts in Thailand, quite a few in Laos too!

When I was in Bangkok in August I only saw one old one from the Thaskin era. It was all scouse, rags, chelsea, arse and everton shirts (everton probably down to chang being the shirt sponsor).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ant london » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:32 am

In the big shopping mall near me in Cairo you can but the first second and third strips...not just shirts...full strips, with names and numbers.

I've seen quite a few knock-off Robinho, Adebayor and Tevez shirts on the streets too

I honestly never thought I would see the day
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mrs Given » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:30 am

It's your duty to educate Lukas in the ways of our great club now!
Mrs Given
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby Exiled » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:01 am

Been in Kyoto, Japan this week and have started to see a few City shirts in the football shops but still a bit low key. This Japanese lad working in the Nike shop here said he was going to England at the start of the new season for about 6 weeks to go to some football games in London and Manchester. He didn`t know at that point who I supported but said he was definitely going to COMS to watch a game because of Tevez and Adebayor.

Also watched this, ahem, world soccer review on Japanese TV in the week after the Burnley drubbing. Unfortunately the only English games it covered were the Sky4 games. Even the Wolves-Liverpool snorefest!!!!!! So I guess Champions League football is required before any major exposure here.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Return to The Maine Football forum